IGNORED

Do you eat a lot of meat ?

Lucas

There's a meat element in almost every meal I eat. Three (or sometimes four) meals a day, breakfast cereal being the only one without. Compared to you lot that probably sounds excessive. I can't really fathom going a whole day without eating meat at all though.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah i know what you mean.

its like all these theists in my community that try to enforce their beliefs on others. its really arrogant and annoying.

i've got nothing against dawkins or hitchens. i (much like them) have no respect for any religious institutions whatsoever. also they're intelligent people, they know what they're talking about and it's based on fact. what i meant about the everyday american atheist is that he/she tends to turn it into a "thing". so you don't believe in god, big woop.

there's really no moral justification in eating meat nowdays, especially in first world problems countries, it really is as simple as troon said. luckily i have no problem with living through moral contradictions and enjoy glorious, meat infused, middle-eastern kitchen on a daily basis.

i've got nothing against dawkins or hitchens. i (much like them) have no respect for any religious institutions whatsoever. also they're intelligent people, they know what they're talking about and it's based on fact. what i meant about the everyday american atheist is that he/she tends to turn it into a "thing". so you don't believe in god, big woop.

You're saying Dawkins and Hitchens don't turn it into a "thing"?

i haven't eaten any meat over 10 years. though it's more of a habit by now than some sort of statement, it started out as this animal rights thing but yeah, blah, it's not that big of a deal, and i can't fucking stand people who gets all militant and in your face with their beliefs etc, even if i agree with them (like american atheists for example, or people who's been vegan for 5 weeks, or fucking bike activists). also, people who are vegan/vegetarian and can't laugh at crap like this:

i agree with data

moralistic vegans are the worst

i mean i am practically vegan thanks to lactose intolerance but i dont ever want to claim i am because i have only ever known one vegan who wasn't an annoying racist piece of shit

i feel the same way about irritating atheists (not narrowing that one to american atheists because fucking richard dawkins and christopher hitchens)

I understand your point, but in the other hand if nobody starts to fight against how the things are going on, it'll get worse. And the more natural way it could change is that people realise how it works and reduce their consuming.

Guest disparaissant

yeah i think they are the epitome of turning it into a thing

sagan didnt turn it into a thing

plus they're both sexist fucks that i have zero respect for

Maybe we need to reduce the population, not the amount of meat being eaten?

lol

Really though! The world is grossly overpopulated. We keep trying to fix the negative impact humans have on the planet, might as well just stop it at the source.

lol

Tonight, in honor of this thread, I'm not having meat with my meal.

Guest zaphod

Fucking bacon man. If I didn't need bacon I'd be a vegetarian, maybe even a vegan. Fuck dairy. But bacon. Shit.

Bacon

I do like to go to vegan restaurants from time to time. I'd never stop eating meat, but I do like to live viacriously through my emaciated veggie peers one meal at a time.

Just do what works for you. I respect vegans who do it for practical reasons stated in the original post and still cover all their bases nutritionally. They've done their homework. But at the same time, life is short anyway so I'm gonna eat ribs.

yeah i think they are the epitome of turning it into a thing

sagan didnt turn it into a thing

plus they're both sexist fucks that i have zero respect for

how is dawkins sexist? wtf.

I do like to go to vegan restaurants from time to time. I'd never stop eating meat, but I do like to live viacriously through my emaciated veggie peers one meal at a time.

Just do what works for you. I respect vegans who do it for practical reasons stated in the original post and still cover all their bases nutritionally. They've done their homework. But at the same time, life is short anyway so I'm gonna eat ribs.

Yeah, something about eating an animals flesh directly off its ribcage is just.... just great. Love me some ribs.

This compilation of excerpts is intended to demonstrate, on the one hand, the obvious depravity of the claim that Richard Dawkins is a sexist, misogynist, male chauvenist pig, and, on the other hand, that in fact the evidence shows that he's been rather overtly pro-women and sensitive to women's issues throughout his life and career. I'm sure there is plenty more material that could be added here, including from his books.

Guest disparaissant

he's certainly not as bad as hitchens was but fact is he knows that the community he has helped build is full of sexist pricks and outright denies it rather than trying to do anything about it

pisses me off

but i am admittedly super sensitive about that shit

he's certainly not as bad as hitchens was but fact is he knows that the community he has helped build is full of sexist pricks and outright denies it rather than trying to do anything about it

pisses me off

but i am admittedly super sensitive about that shit

... the community he helped build is full of sexist pricks? are you referring to the skepchick drama?

Guest disparaissant

im referring to the legions of neckbeard shitheels that worship the ground dawkins and hitchens walk on and are just as openly misogynistic as the muslims they constantly harp on about.

there's really no moral justification in eating meat nowdays, especially in first world problems countries, it really is as simple as troon said. luckily i have no problem with living through moral contradictions and enjoy glorious, meat infused, middle-eastern kitchen on a daily basis.

lol I feel this at times

although I really don't eat meat that often. Last time i did though it was a hanger steak soaked in garlic butter and jesus fucking christ was it good.

But an incredible steak has nothing on a freshly fire-roasted eggplant + tahini on a pita. That is transcendent.

Archived