IGNORED

Global Communication 76:14 remaster

chenGOD

Haven't heard the original but got the remaster and it sounds alright. Pritchard is credited as one of the remasterers so doubt he allowed it to be butchered. Didn't look brickawalled as many "remasters" tend to be.

Yeah get it. Mark's mastering guy is http://www.discogs.com/artist/John+Dent at Loud Mastering, who probably has better ears than any of us can conceive of, and if you're not getting it for the remaster, get it forth bonus disc that has the Keongaku EP on it for the first time on CD.

It's not noticeably different to the original but in the case of 76:14 that's a very good thing ! I think in the linear notes it says something along the lines of: they got the original set up but ran in through slightly higher quality aural enhancers/expanders for a cleaner signal - I read that many a year ago so I may be talking balls.

Yeah get it. Mark's mastering guy is http://www.discogs.c...rtist/John+Dent at Loud Mastering, who probably has better ears than any of us can conceive of, and if you're not getting it for the remaster, get it forth bonus disc that has the Keongaku EP on it for the first time on CD.

Sold.

It's not noticeably different to the original but in the case of 76:14 that's a very good thing ! I think in the linear notes it says something along the lines of: they got the original set up but ran in through slightly higher quality aural enhancers/expanders for a cleaner signal - I read that many a year ago so I may be talking balls.

Do I have to worry about added nulls?

John Dent is one of my fav mastering engineers and did a great job on this. Mark Pritchard swears by him and it's a really tasteful, sensitive remaster that makes the album sound nicer without brickwalling the shit out of it.

Guest Hanratty

is it just me or does this album start and end great but drags a lot in the middle? I love the ticking clock track and that last 12 min of ambient whoosh, but the rest...eh. Also, on the 2cd remaster, the second disc sounds so different from the first that it sounds like a whole different group. Which is why I didn't care to spend the money for the new version. I was listening today to HIA/Biosphere - Birmingham Frequencies, and that album sounded to me today to be a lot better than 76:14.

• 2 years later...

The remaster is gorgeous and the bonus tracks are tight!

The three classic House tracks they did soon before they "broke up"

That sick GC mix of Biosphere (orig by their alias Reload & E621)

Keongaku EP on CD!

and a Luscious Somnolent Remix of Sensorama's Aspirin

1. "The Groove (Instrumental)" – 8:10
  2. "The Way (Secret Ingredients Mix)" – 11:51
  3. "The Deep (Original Mix)" – 11:10
  4. "The Biosphere (Global Communication Remix)" – Reload – 9:05
  5. "Incidental Harmony" – 8:33
  6. "Sublime Creation" – 11:49
  7. "Aspirin (Global Communication Remix)" – Sensorama – 12:56

If you can track down a copy of this, GET IT

• 2 weeks later...

Keongaku EP on CD!

• "The Groove (Instrumental)" – 8:10
  • "The Way (Secret Ingredients Mix)" – 11:51
  • "The Deep (Original Mix)" – 11:10
  • "The Biosphere (Global Communication Remix)" – Reload – 9:05
  • "Incidental Harmony" – 8:33
  • "Sublime Creation" – 11:49
  • "Aspirin (Global Communication Remix)" – Sensorama – 12:56

O, and thank god for those other rereleases from the evolution label as well.

Keongaku EP on CD!

• "The Groove (Instrumental)" – 8:10
  • "The Way (Secret Ingredients Mix)" – 11:51
  • "The Deep (Original Mix)" – 11:10
  • "The Biosphere (Global Communication Remix)" – Reload – 9:05
  • "Incidental Harmony" – 8:33
  • "Sublime Creation" – 11:49
  • "Aspirin (Global Communication Remix)" – Sensorama – 12:56

O, and thank god for those other rereleases from the evolution label as well.

Yeah it's a nice remaster on 76:14, though the original sounded pretty good too. I just got it for the bonus disc, all that stuff is remastered as well. The evolution reissues are great, the Augur is my fave, that's an amazing record.

What really needs a remaster is A Collection of Short Stories, the original cd pressing sounds kind of muddy.

the 2005 remaster sounds WONDERFUL. definitely better than the original pressing.

Absolutely, both discs still get regular plays in my house. As much as I love 76:14, I also really enjoy the bonus disc with the "singles" on.

Archived