IGNORED

Rare AFX Blog

Guest aeioux

This one is also new to me, I'm very curious:

Talking in Sams Car (5,59) (source TBC)

DAT recording made by Richard of his friends in Sams’ car (Saman-Tha?). Includes some audio trickery.

me too, first time i hear about it. anyone got any links? or info?

Gabbro Rod Fix was indeed made around that time, and was played at a live show.

to be clear... around which time? 1992 or HAB era?

1992 - it was a show where Paul Nicholson (dancer/designer of the Aphex Twin logo and font) performed as well... I can't recall off the top of my head the name of the show at the moment, though.

pretty sure this is very wrong

Err Yes

I reccall the last Gabbro rod flac in my possession to be labelled 95 or 97 on the date...... lol

your ears know it to be true, he wasn't doing this shit with the drums that early on ;)

Vibert won him over and had a real influence/hand in his drumage I would argue (I think he mentioned in some interview way back saying he didn't take Jungle very seriously, but Viberts Amen Andrews series made him look at it in a completely different light or something)

And "Gabbro Rod Fix" is not an official name, either.

Oh, yeah I never thought of that. Speaking of I'm going to go listen to some 4-Lom...

DAT recording made by Richard of his friends in Sams’ car (Saman-Tha?). Includes some audio trickery.

Nice site, very comprehensive, hope it expands as much as possible. Speaking of unofficial names Joyrex, do you know anything about Martin Trezzider/Martin Tressider as a Universal Indicator alias? Supposedly it's some Cornish pirate reference? I've seen it crop up here and there.

That's right - Martin Tressider was a pirate that used Cornwall as his base of operations. There was a Wikipedia article on him, but I can't seem to find it now...

Trezidder Lane is mentioned in an old Cornish folk tale, entitled "St. Levan Fairies":

Years since—the time is past now—the green outside the gate atthe end of Trezidder Lane was a favourite place with the Small Folks on which to hold their fairs. One might often see the rings in the grass which they made in dancing, where they footed it. Mr Trezillian was returning late one night from Penzance; when he came near the gate, he saw a number of little creatures spinning round and round. The sight made him light headed, but he could not resist the desire to be amongst them, so he got off his horse. In a moment they were all over him like a swarm of bees, and he felt as if they were sticking needles and pins into him. His horse ran off, and he didn't know what to do, till, by good luck, he thought of what he had often heard, so he turned his glove inside out, threw it amongst the Small Folk, and ere the glove reached the ground they were all gone. Mr Trezillian had now to find his horse, and the Small Folk, still determining to lead him a dance, bewildered him. He was piskie–led, and he could not find out where he was until broad daylight. Then he saw he was not a hundred yards from the place at which he had left his horse. On looking round the spot where he had seen the Small Folk dancing, he found a pair of very small silver knee–buckles of a most ancient shape, which, no doubt, some little gentleman must have lost when he was punishing the farmer. Those who knew the families will well remember the little silver buckles, which were kept for some time at Trezidder and some time at Raftra.

OK this makes me interested, what's the real track title? I had an Aphex 97 US tour playlist compilation some years ago. That Gabbro or whatever it's called just seemed to fi into that 97 playlist quite well, again I could be wrong and sorry if I am but...???:)

Like most of his unreleased material, it probably has a name, but I doubt "Gabbro Rod Fix" is the name Richard gave it - most likely whoever recorded the show and/or put it online is who bestowed that name on it.

1992 - it was a show where Paul Nicholson (dancer/designer of the Aphex Twin logo and font) performed as well... I can't recall off the top of my head the name of the show at the moment, though.

Yeah, Ludd's right - I'm confusing this with the NASA "See The Light" live show in 1993 where there were three tracks named "Gib", "Gibble", and "Gib Gib" - the "Gabbro" is what threw me.

"Gabbro Rod Fix" was a track from the 1997 Boston, MA USA show.

You might also see "TAN 109" bandied about - Tan 109 is supposedly Dan Parkes, aka DV8 who did the artwork for On and Ventolin.

lol. u geek ^ ! :emotawesomepm9:

heheh

what washing powder does Richard use?

He doesn't - that's why the handwriting on all his releases looks like it was done by a 3 year old

Guest EskimoSpy

Wow... thank you so much for posting this. You just made my week. Just the other day I was shouting loudly to my roommate over "Every Day" saying something to the effect of "I'd give my right nut to know where the hell his vocal samples from this era came from, especially 'get me another tie, get me another shirt, get me another wooly'"... YESSSSS

Wow... thank you so much for posting this. You just made my week. Just the other day I was shouting loudly to my roommate over "Every Day" saying something to the effect of "I'd give my right nut to know where the hell his vocal samples from this era came from, especially 'get me another tie, get me another shirt, get me another wooly'"... YESSSSS

So now you know, will you be surgically removing your right nut? Sounds ghastly. What tools will you use? I think garden sheers and duck tape should do the job. That would get Aphex some publicity

"Aphex Twin fan savages his testicles with garden tools"

So now you know, will you be surgically removing your right nut? Sounds ghastly. What tools will you use? I think garden sheers and duck tape should do the job. That would get Aphex some publicity

"Aphex Twin fan savages his testicles with garden tools"

Selected Mutilated Junks, 2002-2012

Oh, yeah I never thought of that. Speaking of I'm going to go listen to some 4-Lom...

Nice site, very comprehensive, hope it expands as much as possible. Speaking of unofficial names Joyrex, do you know anything about Martin Trezzider/Martin Tressider as a Universal Indicator alias? Supposedly it's some Cornish pirate reference? I've seen it crop up here and there.

That's right - Martin Tressider was a pirate that used Cornwall as his base of operations. There was a Wikipedia article on him, but I can't seem to find it now...

Trezidder Lane is mentioned in an old Cornish folk tale, entitled "St. Levan Fairies":

Years since—the time is past now—the green outside the gate atthe end of Trezidder Lane was a favourite place with the Small Folks on which to hold their fairs. One might often see the rings in the grass which they made in dancing, where they footed it. Mr Trezillian was returning late one night from Penzance; when he came near the gate, he saw a number of little creatures spinning round and round. The sight made him light headed, but he could not resist the desire to be amongst them, so he got off his horse. In a moment they were all over him like a swarm of bees, and he felt as if they were sticking needles and pins into him. His horse ran off, and he didn't know what to do, till, by good luck, he thought of what he had often heard, so he turned his glove inside out, threw it amongst the Small Folk, and ere the glove reached the ground they were all gone. Mr Trezillian had now to find his horse, and the Small Folk, still determining to lead him a dance, bewildered him. He was piskie–led, and he could not find out where he was until broad daylight. Then he saw he was not a hundred yards from the place at which he had left his horse. On looking round the spot where he had seen the Small Folk dancing, he found a pair of very small silver knee–buckles of a most ancient shape, which, no doubt, some little gentleman must have lost when he was punishing the farmer. Those who knew the families will well remember the little silver buckles, which were kept for some time at Trezidder and some time at Raftra.

OK this makes me interested, what's the real track title? I had an Aphex 97 US tour playlist compilation some years ago. That Gabbro or whatever it's called just seemed to fi into that 97 playlist quite well, again I could be wrong and sorry if I am but...???:)

Like most of his unreleased material, it probably has a name, but I doubt "Gabbro Rod Fix" is the name Richard gave it - most likely whoever recorded the show and/or put it online is who bestowed that name on it.

Yeah, Ludd's right - I'm confusing this with the NASA "See The Light" live show in 1993 where there were three tracks named "Gib", "Gibble", and "Gib Gib" - the "Gabbro" is what threw me.

"Gabbro Rod Fix" was a track from the 1997 Boston, MA USA show.

Well thank goodness for that, even my mind was going wtf.

Guest aeioux

re: TAN 109 ;

Paul Nicholson (Aphex logo designer + early AFX Dancer) = DD 09, Binary Pixel Hed and Prototype 21

He told me.

re: TAN 109 ;

Paul Nicholson (Aphex logo designer + early AFX Dancer) = DD 09, Binary Pixel Hed and Prototype 21

He told me.

"he" as in Richard, or someone else?

I've said this on the Ae forum, but we really need to make a definitive BOCpages esche wiki of all this collective knowledge in one place.

Working on that... for all the artists. Plans are afoot!

get me another tie get me another shirt get me another wooly, eeeeeeeeeveryy dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

What is a wooly? I always thought she was saying woman.

get me another tie get me another shirt get me another wooly, eeeeeeeeeveryy dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

what does the girl say in a "to cure a weakling child"

i alsways hear : I hurt my arms and my legs, and yoor pffwneee

jumper

• 6 posts
  • 0 topics
  • Joined 20-May 07

sup James! Edited by Ivan Ooze

I thought it said WOODY?

Get me another shirt, get me another tie, get me another woody....