IGNORED

A few albums recently listened.

murve33

Metallica - Master of Puppets - 10/10. I love all these tracks but Face The Thing That Should Not Be I think is their best track of all time. After this it was all down hill. Maybe if we get a remastered version of ...AJFA the decline might be less rapid.

Classic, classic record. Meatier & less frenzied than Reign In Blood, but pure power-chord heaven. Favourite track? Fuck knows and it seems surreal now that it was recorded in 1985, same year that so much Glam/hair-metal wank was hitting its stride

Metallica - Master of Puppets - 10/10. I love all these tracks but Face The Thing That Should Not Be I think is their best track of all time. After this it was all down hill. Maybe if we get a remastered version of ...AJFA the decline might be less rapid.

Classic, classic record. Meatier & less frenzied than Reign In Blood, but pure power-chord heaven. Favourite track? Fuck knows and it seems surreal now that it was recorded in 1985, same year that so much Glam/hair-metal wank was hitting its stride

Still regularly play Kill 'em All and Ride The Lightning. Not so much the other stuff, though at the time I loved AJFA.

Flying Lotus - You're Dead

Gave it a listen around the time it came out. I liked it, but wasn't keen on the fact that it was mainly a bunch of 1-2 minute jams as opposed to full length tracks. However I've given it another couple of listens recently and I've learned to appreciate it for what it is. Definitely gone from liking it to loving it. (Should probably mention that this album was my first FlyLo experience)

Viet Cong - Viet Cong

I've listened to this a couple of times now. There's a few great tracks on here, particularly on the second half of the album. (I'd even class Continental Shelf as one of my favourite tracks of 2015 so far) Not sure how keen I am on the rest though. I'd be lying if I said the first half of the album was bad, it's just not doing anything for me right now. Maybe time will tell.

I've listened to a few more albums recently, but it's probably unfair to judge them prematurely. Maybe I'll get back to 'em after repeated listens.

Disposable Heroes.

You will do what I say, when I say, BACK TO THE FRONT.

New Teresa Winter tape on Reckno is dope, worth digging up her first tape which you can dl for free too, its called Seven Sisters..

Loving the new Kassem Mosse mixtape Shopping. Seriously cool mixtape, puts 95% of mixes to shame.

Nadia Khan LP on Where to Now? mellow, deep, valium vibes.. love it. i cleared a dancefloor with it the other week, you should too

Pearson Sound LP is what you would expect, tight production, nothing overly groundbreaking but a good listen.

Hashman Deelay, Sandopolis. Wicked, one of the best techno/house records ive heard in a while. trancey, hypnotic fun vibes.. good summer tunes.

Scientific Dreams of U and Junior Loves : The Dreamcode. Just do it, another 1080p killer record by 2 great upcoming producers! Keep an eye on these two and their great nts show ey

& finally Brian Eno : Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy). Fuck man, early 70's, Fripp solos, 'Art pop' or whatever. its just solid production, great songs. eno rules

Disposable Heroes.

You will do what I say, when I say, BACK TO THE FRONT.

always loved the groove on Leper Messiah, the simple riff just nails me everytime.

Time for lust, time for lie

Time to kiss your life goodbye

Send me money, send me green

Heaven you will meet

Make a contribution

And you'll get a better seat

Lie

Lie

Lie

Lie

Lie!

hah, great stuff

Edited by beerwolf

Tune in. Turn On. Drop Out. These are the latest LP's I've spun.

Sisters of Mercy - Floodland - 10/10. Musical critics/snobs have always proclaimed that they were finished after their first album, some even say they were finished after their first classic twelves. Yeah. Well I pay no attention to all that malarkey. I love this album and always have done. Still slays.

Underworld - Second Toughest In The Infants - 9/10.

Autechre - EP7 - 5/10. Never got on with this collection, just seems boring and uninspired. A replay didn't confince me otherwise.

Autechre - LP5 - 10/10. IDM perfection.

Machinedrum - Room(s) - double cd - 9/10. Just love this album, has such a perfect, sunny, upbeat but chilled vibe. The second cd has the remixes which are just as good.

Aphex Twin - ICBYD - 9/10. Gets better and better for me. Never tire of this album, though there are are few tracks which I can't get on with. But almost every release by Aphex has something I don't like. It's like he does it on purpose specifically just to wind me up lol.

Fu Manchu - The Action Is Go - 9/10. Legendary.

Fu Manchu - In Search Of - 9/10. More legendary goodness from So Cal via Brum.

Chemical Brothers - Exit Planet Dust - 8/10

Viet Cong - Viet Cong - 8/10.

Phew!!!

Interesting bunch of listens! I haven't heard all of those, but I totally agree with you on Second Toughest in the Infants, GREAT album, for me if they switched out the track Rowla with a different version of that tune found on the Pearl's Girl EP, "Cherry Pie", album would be 10/10 for me. The album before that, Dubnobasswithmyheadman, also terrific. Unfortunately, IMO they went downhill pretty fast after that and there wasn't an enjoyable album (for me) to come.

Agree on the Autechre, love LP5.

I was never really a Chemical Brothers fan, I just remember everyone saying Dig Your Own Hole was the greatest album, and to me it was fine, with a few pretty good tracks but a lot of mediocre sounding stuff. I'm not sure what it is but a lot of sounds they used on that album were really displeasing to my ears. I also tried the album Come With Us, but I hated it. I haven't really put in the time to listen to Exit Planet Dust all the way through even today.

U must listen:

Nils Frahm - excellent! (http://www.erasedtapes.com/artists/releases/13/Nils+Frahm & free here (album "Solo" with a special piano, i love this album): http://www.pianoday.org/

Bartholomäus Traubeck - Years (http://traubeck.com/years/ / https://traubeck.bandcamp.com/album/years)

;-)

Lightning Bolt - Earthly Delights - I loved Hypermagic Mountain and Wonderful Rainbow, but kind of forgot about them for a while so never got around to listening to this until now, plus they've got another two albums after this I need to check out. This ain't quite as good as the previous two, but there are some pretty intense and awesome tracks on it, Colossus and Transmissionary in particular kick all kinds of ass.

Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly - It's not bad, but not deserving of all the hype. The production is mostly really nice, especially the tracks with the heavy Thundercat presence. Was never a big fan of his rapping though so can't imagine listening to this one that often. I dislike most popular modern rap these days so I'm not the target audience for this shit I guess.

Ghostface Killah - 36 Seasons - I also loved his recent collab with BADBADNOTGOOD, this has a similar vibe, but with a different band, The Revelations, who I've not heard of before. Very good, the guest emcees are all pretty good as well.

Beat Spacek - Modern Streets - Mostly sparse lo-fi electronics drawing from a pretty wide array of styles (danchall/grime/highlife/braindance/etc) combined with his usual subtle soul delivery. I like it, sounds like it will be a good summer album.

Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell - Like the Kendrick Lamar I'm not sure what all the hype is about here, lots of pretty sounding songs on it, but nothing really stuck with me after listening. Fairly dull in the end.

Sam Prekop - The Republic - I really like this, not quite as abstract as the previous electronic one from him, more melodic and rythmical structure going on. Modular analogue goodness (as apposed to the modular analouge wankery that seems to be more common these days).

I was never really a Chemical Brothers fan, I just remember everyone saying Dig Your Own Hole was the greatest album, and to me it was fine, with a few pretty good tracks but a lot of mediocre sounding stuff. I'm not sure what it is but a lot of sounds they used on that album were really displeasing to my ears. I also tried the album Come With Us, but I hated it. I haven't really put in the time to listen to Exit Planet Dust all the way through even today.

Exit Planet Dust is a brilliant album imo, you should really try and make the effort to listen to it. Like yourself I never got on with Dig Your Own Hole, I only played maybe half a dozen times before giving up on it, seemed massively overrated. There are some good upbeat tracks on Surrender worth checking out. After that I lost interest in them, as I was becoming more and more obsessed with Aphex/Autechre etc.

Telecommunication Breakdown by Emergency Broadcast Network

90s dystopian-themed rap over breakbeats, right up Meat Beat Manifesto's arse so much that it blends right in with Storm the Studio and Satyricon. But that's exactly what I was after so I love it. Only just read the wiki page and turns out Jack Dangers produced it, not surprising lawl

Beerwolf's adventures on the Wheels of Steel as follows

Pantha Du Prince - This Bliss - 7.5/10

Wonderful melodic lushness. My only very slight issue with it is that it's almost too perfected, sometimes it just drifts along too nicely and after a while seems almost a little boring. But its not. To be honest I think if you were a bit stoned and lying in the countryside somewhere quiet this would make a choice soundtrack. But then I suppose in that situation anything could sound pretty good!

Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger - 9/10

Holy fuck this album always blew my socks off and still does. For me some of the tracks to found here (Rusty Cage, Outshined, Jesus Christ Pose, Searching WMGEC, Rooms a Thousand Years Wide, Mind Riot) are just killer. And remain so all these years later.

Clark - Turning Dragon and Clark - both 5/10

Struggle with Clark tbh, always have done. Sorry fans lol.

LCD Sundsystem - 45.33 (+bonus tracks) - 8/10

Great upbeat summertime soundtrack. Perfecto.

Boards of Canada - Tomorrows Harvest - 8.5/10

Tucked this away all through the colder months but now the suns warmer rays have arrived, it's back on. Such a classic album, maybe it works for me because I spent a lot of time in the Australian outback, the sounds found here really evoke a lot of memories for me (Uritual is just almost like a broadcast from the depths of a surreal apocalyptic Aboriginal dreamworld) . I can imagine if you have never left rain soaked parts of the world it might not have the same appeal. That's been my thinking at least. It's definitely got a scorched earth vibe going on. Wet fields, wet clothes and wet flocks of sheep aint gonna be the environment for this album.

Battles - Gloss Drop - 7.5/10

The warmer weather also brings this one out of winter quagmire. Cool tunes, cool vibes.

Autechre - Peel Session - 8.5/10

Classic.

Arvo Part - Portrait

Just got this the other day as I try to flex my wings beyond guitar and electronic based music. As I've almost exhausted most of those avenues I'm looking into classical stuff. A lot of classical music to me sounds a pompus and overblown, but I'm just learning. I like Arvo Part, his music appeals to me.

Been ripping through loads at the moment, as I have a week off, here goes...

Interpol - El Pinto

Was a massive fan of the first album when it was released (still am) then after that for some reason or another I lost interest in them apart for that fantastic Evil single. Only played this twice but it's very good indeed and probably only spun because of positive reviews in the media. Surprised me.

J Dilla - Donuts - 9/10

Kurt Vile - Smoke Ring For My Halo

Big fan of Wakin' on a Pretty Daze, love that album. Played this yesterday and at first I wasn't much into it, but it started to grow on me as it went along. More explorations needed.

Ital - Endgame - 7.5/10

This seemed to float underneath the radar? Maybe. But it's real good imo. Perhaps an 8/10 in the future.

Sex Pistols - Nevermind The Bollocks Here's The Sex Pistols - 8/10

Function and Vatican Shadow - Games Have Rules - 5/10.

First track is a killer, and sets you up for what should be mind-melting. Melt mode does not engage.

The Dead Texan - 7.7/10

Grimes - Visions - 4/10

Mmmmm. Nah not for me. Some of the synth melodies are really good (I'd love an instrumental version minus her main vocals). But Beerwolf can't handle some of the Chinese/new-age/day-glo/hippy-dippy meowing over the top. I hear great stuff but then it's drowned out by some of her vocals and it ruins it for me. Just not my cup of builders British tea.

Sonic Youth - Washing Machine

The usual Sonic Youth fayre. Most of it is rubbish but there is the odd great tune, and a couple of good ones. Frustrating as usual. And I'm sure thats how they planned it.

Edited by beerwolf