IGNORED

A few albums recently listened.

murve33

• 1 month later...

Luke Vibert- Bizarster

Pretty tasty.

Autechre- Untilted & Quaristice

Both sound fresh and invigorating to me now, after years of frustrating listens to their post-'99 material.

Pig Destroyer- Prowler in the Yard

Need my head caved in once in a while.

Venetian Snares- Your Face & Thank You for Your Consideration

Especially digging the latter; lots of stylistic variety.

• 2 weeks later...

rummaging for a new mix threw up Sweet Exorcist - Spirit Guide To Low Tech

1 of LHK's finest, deep as fuck house weaves through all sorts of incarnations & incantations, not the paranoia of Sandoz/usual Cabs gear borderline Balearic at times...

buy

Edited by cwmbrancity

Recent Metal Albums of Enjoyment:

Inter Arma - The Carvern, Sky Burial

Cursed - I, II, III

Horrendous - Ecdysis, Anareta

Entombed - Wolverine Blues

john coltrane - live at temple university 1966.

holy balls i was not prepared for that. stumbled upon a thread on reddit were people would recommend well recorded live albums and someone named this (as some kind of pisstake i guess)one so i though wth, why not give it a shot i remember liking a love supreme quite a bit. the recording itself sucks but in a very particular way, the sax is clear and way upfront with basically no ambience, just like someone's playing in your room, and the rest of the instruments sound like they're coming from another room behind the wall. just some vague arrhythmic rumbling, in fact it sounds like a completely different band playing. the sax solos are utterly insane and jaw dropping. i've heard various avant-skronkers over the years but this is just something else, the second track's long solo sounds like someone's strangling some diseased alien that's struggling for its life. the whole thing is just so out of its time that its unreal, all the yelling, constant muffed tribal rumbling of percussion and those tortured sax solos that often dont sound remotely like saxes, fuck. i was sweating most of the album's duration.

Edited by eugene

Two Lone Swordsmen - Tiny Reminders

I know it's old, but it's new to me. I'm really enjoying it a lot recently.

Very good album indeed. I should pluck it from the vaults.

Stay Down & The Fifth Mission (Return To The Flightpath Estate) are both loaded with personal favourite gems from that period

checked any of the LFOS mixes w/Sean Johnston? pretty much define the slo-mo-house sound to perfection

(went to Sabresonic spangled many's the time, real highlight in musical education)

^^^Cortez the Killer is one of the greatest tunes of all time. And thats official :music:

It's so fucking simple yet profound. Gives me chills. Truly epic.

If you haven't then check the version on Weld. 'tis very good.

Props to whoever it was that linked this in the comments section of the AFX youtube favorites track on Soundcloud. I remember gamelan being mentioned in the build up to CCAI pt.2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KyGBWVAVmo

Outstanding.

Edited by Hail Sagan

• 2 weeks later...

^ yep, me too. That guy nails the atmosphere IMO. Fervent Dream (on Silent Season) is also pretty nice. I haven't dig that far into Auxilliary releases yet but it's something I'm keeping an eye on it.