IGNORED

A few albums recently listened.

murve33

Guest bitroast

^^^Cortez the Killer is one of the greatest tunes of all time. And thats official :music:

love the live version.

found video version of this but audio was rubbish. apologies if i missed a good example of good quality video + good quality audio.

Do like this thread, I guess I still love digesting a whole album, even the duff tracks add character to the experience (I guess). Also this thread isn't too busy, so there's no drunken idiots making fools of themselves and posting bollocks :dry:

It's like gathering round a campfire with a bottle of cider and having a friendly chat, lol, anyway lets cut to the chase and get down to business!

Blanck Mass - Blanck Mass Pretty epic ambient, did a bit of searching on watmm and was hardly talked about, bit of an under-the-radar classic imo.

Jaylib - Champion Sound Excellent

Deerhunter - Cryptograms Mind melting

Dj Koze - Dj Kicks Very cool easy listen but with an edge

Sonic Youth - The Eternal Some beast tunes on here, in fact the whole album was a surprise. Antenna is one of the best tunes they've ever done. And extra points for a tune about a Leaky Lifeboat. Growing from good to very good and probably to excellent

Sonic Youth - Goo A few duff tracks (usually with K G singing) but perhaps my favorite Sonic Youth LP

Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest 4 tunes of supreme dynamite (Desire Lines, Helicopter, Fountain Stairs, He Would of Laughed) the rest a bit iffy in my most humble of opinions

James - Best Of You either like it or you don't. Not watmm typical brew but great songs imo.

Nicolas Jaar - Live at Sonar 2012 Dance music DJ sets aren't really my cup of tea. This is something very special.

Deerhunter - Microcastle/Weird Era/Rainwater Cassette Just sinking my fangs into these. Great stuff.

808 State - Newbuild Classic

Shackleton - Soundboy's Gravestone Gets Desecrated By Vandals I fear I might be telling my grandmother how to suck eggs...

3rd - Portishead Don't listen to this if you're spending a night in a haunted house

Beerwolf over and out

Edited by beerwolf

Twilight Earth - Second International Soirée:

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Twilight-Earth-Second-International-Soir%C3%A9e/release/260057

1 of those rare moments where a track you've been hunting forever (20+ years) turns up in a random mix WITH the info;

"Anna Homler & Temps Perdu? - Sa'Yo Ye Ah'Ye".......

a compilation of ambient bits n bobs, no idea about the rest of the lp yet as the above tune has been on repeat for the last half hour at least, truly evocative female vocals with the most subtle and melt away melodies these ears have heard in a while

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Older songs I've become obsessed with recently:

omg same here, i wanna be adored is so good, also my current '90% over the break up' song in a bitter sweet way

this is real damn good

i've been thoroughly enjoying white poppy's album

Diagram of Suburban Chaos - Status Negatives. Used to listen to this a lot freshman year of college. IDM drum samples have not aged well; everything else has. Solid ambient melodies that stay in that sweet spot between piquant and soothing, probably owing to his professed new age influence.

• 4 weeks later...

Jonathon Coleclough & Colin Potter - Low Ground (Integrated Circuits Records)..... tone glorious tone, tension & analog madness. Colin Potter is a sonic magus.

Ora - New Movements In G (Gnome)...... if a gnome crawled inside your head with a modular synth for thoughts it might sound like this

Nurse With Wound's Shipwreck Radio sessions - deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepness

sometimes its easy to overlook just how profound an impact Stephen Stapleton can have on your state of mind

infinite fathoms of sonic intoxication

Listened to Eno's Nerve Net for the first time today and it's awesome. Never thought I'd enjoy a Brian Eno album that much - was expecting an ambient album but the weird jazz I got instead was greatly appreciated !!

Have you heard My Squelchy Life too? It was basically what Nerve Net was going to be originally, but scrapped around that time and has now been reissued really recently! I recommend I Fall Up and Rapid Eye if you ever check it out :catrecline:

Will check, I really liked Nerve Net and very curious to hear stuff similar to this !

By the way, My Squelchy Life is also a track on Nerve Net isn't it ?