IGNORED

A few albums recently listened.

murve33

• 2 weeks later...

digging through my dearly departed old man's jazz gear tonight

Sun Ra's "Night of the Purple Moon", "Jazz In Silhouette" & "Cosmic Tones For Mental Therapy" - all varieties of the Man, the Band and their grooves

Also found out the Arkestra are playing all over Britain this year - simply HAVE to plug my mind in to the almighty inner god-head for a few hours & to swing me mind-pants

Edited by cwmbrancity

• 2 weeks later...

^^^^^^^^^

believe!

The Incredible String Band - The Hangman's Beautiful Daughter...... 1 from the old man's collection. Even though i grew up on this lp and various other gear from Pentangle et al, "Waltz of the New Moon" & "Three is a Green Crown" are gems of pure delight and render the imperfections of memory into tickles of subtle pleasure. My favourite String lp too, just b4 they faded into confused scientological bs. The album cover alone is a pinnacle of velvet-clad Scottish pixie genius:

img_00011.jpg

The Incredible String Band - The Hangman's Beautiful Daughter......

that's a wonderful album alright, the previous one is great too, but they quickly went downhill after that alright.

Edited by caze

Been listening to TG's 3rd report (D.o.A)... does this album feel like an album of snippets to anyone else? Feels like I'm listening to the previews for a great 2 hour album... Blood on the Floor is a minute long, Hit By A Rock is two and a half... is this cause of the limitations of the LP medium? Or was this deliberate?

Andrew Liles - Animal Magick...... the man is an unheralded genius, this is bonkers

Brian Eno - The Ship...... first track is the ace in the pack & for a vocal piece special hand gesture pose too

a special binge diet of Colin Potter/ICR & Sun Ra in all mumbled jumbled cases & sleeves, if only they'd collaberated

Whitehouse odds n sods for blitzkrieg adrenal injections, details are hazy

Been listening to TG's 3rd report (D.o.A)... does this album feel like an album of snippets to anyone else? Feels like I'm listening to the previews for a great 2 hour album... Blood on the Floor is a minute long, Hit By A Rock is two and a half... is this cause of the limitations of the LP medium? Or was this deliberate?

aye only Hamburger Lady is a fully fleshed out piece, the rest is giblets

Sumac by Jonathon Coleclough & Andrew Chalk,,,,, v much like Coil/Time Machines meets Julian Cope/Breath of Odin

rich analog depth of tone with a growing malevolent undercurrent is clumsy language trying to describe it,

ace/10

https://www.discogs.com/Jonathan-Coleclough-Andrew-Chalk-Sumac/release/326928

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Andrew Liles - Snuff Box: The Maleficent Monster & Other Macabre Stories

https://www.discogs.com/Andrew-Liles-Snuff-Box-The-Maleficent-Monster-Other-Macabre-Stories/release/6769367

genius electronica across 3 cd's or multi-vinyl pack, the odd track overdoes the horror elements, but there are so many gems in this release of otherworldly atmospherics the quality control is staggering

consistently 1 of Britain's premier sound explorers

ff685843.jpg

Tim Hecker Love Streams,it may very well be my new favorite electronic album ever dethroning Drukqs/Rushup Edge/Syro.Incredible.I'm speechless.The FEELS.

QOe7YGt.png

tanbou toujou lou: meringue, kompa kreyol, vodou jazz & electric folklore from haiti 1960 - 1981: around 2008-2009, i was completely obsessed with haiti. i researched and read everything about the country, eventually making up my mind to travel there- the plan was to stay at the hotel oloffson before going to jacmel. before leaving i met with some security officials who were supposed to advise me about security precautions.

"you'd be much safer taking a gun, aiming it at your head, and pulling the trigger than traveling to haiti right now" one of them told me. a few months later, an earthquake hit the country.

the guy who put this record together travelled to haiti more recently and took a very similar route to the one i intended (though he never stayed at the oloffson and added gonaives and st.marc to the itinerary). he also had the added advantage of being haitian and thus, understand the local patua perfectly. despite this he actually was met with a lot of resistance trying to find plaques (vinyl records as they're called) as the locals viewed this as pillaging part of their culture- the 2010 earthquake destroyed a lot of people lives and homes- and with that, many also lots their records.

so it's quite amazing how vik sohonie managed to cull up this compilation as a lot of these songs represent the early beginnings of some of haiti's most revered groups (eg. tabou combo and les loupes noir) and stem from the papa doc regime.

https://soundcloud.com/ostinatorecords/tanbou-toujou-lou-meringue-kompa-kreyol-vodou-jazz-electric-folklore-from-haiti-1960-1981