IGNORED

Hardware Drum Machine thread

Guest The Bro

Yeah the nord drum is one I've looked at, and it looks great. I'd still like to get something with its own sequencer though, so I can sync it with the MnM rather than triggering it (I'd like to save my MnM's MIDI sequencer for melodic sequencing).

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, all the drums you heard where Nord G2. The machinedrum is a recent purchase. You can do a lot with it, but a side by side of the engine to the ND2 engine and its miles apart.*

I'd love for the Nord Drum to have a built in sequencer. Better voice management would be nice too... For example you can only save kits, not individual sounds. You can copy and paste voices, but it would be great to just save "my favorite kick" and be able to load it instantly. Really a tiny issue though. Yeah the UI of it is very easy to understand. Also it is totally CC controllable so you can Max/MSP/Scripter/Lemur an interface for it no problem.

The app is nice, but falls short on a few obvious features so id rather just use the MD, which has a way tighter clock.

*ill qualify that with the fact that you can get into some crazy territory with the built in synths on the MD doing non percussive sounds, where the ND2 can't go, but for straight up drum synthesis the ND2 wins.

I'm very curious about this new Pyramid sequencer that is coming out soon. If it's as awesome as it looks, that might make for a great dedicated ND2 sequencer.

yeah, so much fun. especially when you just want to get the funk on without thinking about programming shit. albeit having 2 or 3 of these running along at the same time can harbour some interesting results, especially when you start to introduce some compression and gating.. fx etc etc

Guest skibby

aha, that's a beats on top of the rx5, it blended in so well i thought it was a box i've never seen :)

i sent an email to Elektron concerning the Octatrack. I noticed it has Recycle auto slice features and I suggested a CV Gate iniput to trigger different slices by locating them with cv voltage. ...they said Thanks. Maybe thats Elektron for nice, but dumb idea

i sent an email to Elektron concerning the Octatrack. I noticed it has Recycle auto slice features and I suggested a CV Gate iniput to trigger different slices by locating them with cv voltage. ...they said Thanks. Maybe thats Elektron for nice, but dumb idea

the Octatrack now has Recycle style slice? Are you absolutely sure? Last time i checked it did not have transient detection but instead just an old school 16/32/64 style division of a loop.

have you tried getting a CV to MIDI converter? They aren't cheap but i have one in my modular and it works fucking great on the MIDI elektron gear

120249_1.jpg

just sort of semi random CC control and sequencing of the elektron machinedrum. You can make all those CV ins output different Midi notes which works great for the machinedrum mapping. Unfortunately it only lets you do one channel so i hade to make a filter that selected out certain notes and sent them to different channels (if i want to say trigger a multitimbral synth or multiple synths at once) . Mostly i've used this device on my davesmith polyvolver since the actual CV input on it is a cruel prank and is almost totally useless

but for straight up drum synthesis the ND2 wins.

very intrigued and confirms more or less what i've heard in various demos.

I gotta get off my ass and get a CV/midi converter for the ol' 101....any suggestions for a cheap, absolutely minimal one?

Actually, anyone know of any Circuitbenders-esque synth moderns in the US? (Bah, I have a feeling that I'll end up biting the bullet and spending $400 to ship it to Circuitbenders in UK...)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived