IGNORED

create new genres

YEK

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fully automatic experimental classical music done by robots <- is there a shorter word for it?

How experimental? I'm sure I've seen something like that before, it was very obviously an art piece though because it didn't have any musical merit at all.

It would be nice to set up something that automatically generated and played Steve Reich style pieces, though.

menstrual core.... women shrieking angrily about chocolate and how you put your dirty laundry on the floor mixed with gabba and some other distorted percussion...terribly sexist comment I know all women aren't like that during that time of the month.... but still it would be good for laughs kind of like Gnarkill is good for a laugh

menstrual core.... women shrieking angrily about chocolate and how you put your dirty laundry on the floor mixed with gabba and some other distorted percussion...terribly sexist comment I know all women aren't like that during that time of the month.... but still it would be good for laughs kind of like Gnarkill is good for a laugh

How about menstrual indie? @ :20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVbRzcJS6lE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNZTp8E1tNs

Hobo-hop: hip-hop emcee'd by drunken hobos, all percussion and instrumentation must be done by crafted instruments and cans/buckets

Hobo-hop: hip-hop emcee'd by drunken hobos, all percussion and instrumentation must be done by crafted instruments and cans/buckets

soooo... Death Grips

lol

• 3 weeks later...

Vegan - Swallow-core.

Lots of throaty/swallowing sounds with some slurps, and other various wet sounding noises, + soft drum noises because the hardcore beatz is inhumane to the critters ear-holez.

Oh and percussive noises with brocolli, carrots, and other things hitting on various surfaces, recorded, affected and played back. Or does amon tobin already do this?

Corpoe - the opposite of Indie.

I'm picturing middle-aged business men with absolutely no musical background or artistic sensibilities trying to make music based on what they think the public wants. Like a fat white balding guy in a suit talking over a beat that would have been cheesy in 1987, saying i have sex with many women, spend excessive amounts of money on motor vehicles with gold in them, if someone bothers me i will fire a gun at them

[youtubehd]xDLFwcUr1A4[/youtubehd]

hype-DERP-active

This will be a trend more than a genre type, modelled after the very niche, quasi-original fusion genres already in existence: witch house, chillwave, dubstep, etc. Someone will upload a gimmicky track or perhaps an ep on soundcloud after an hour of making in an afternoon session, let's say a Monday. Let's say this genre is CARPOE in this case and the artist is Bachael May. By strategic befriending and spamming, a lot of comments and "viral" activity by midnight which will prompt it to be featured in online music publications that morning, remixes by breakfast, followed by twitter hype, blog articles, naive "oh you're too kind" interviews and an eventual label signing by, let's say, around 4pm on Tuesday. By this point other hyped CARPOE producers would have written tracks and earned reviews that evening, all culminating in the poorly written, major media outlet commentary by the typical 'so last monday' crowd (people magazine, cable news segments, rolling stone online articles). Wednesday is the onslaught of disputed sub-genres like post-CARPOE, future CARPOE, CARPOESTEP, PURPLE, CARPO-JUKE, etc culminating in abot 1024 scrobbles on lastfm. By 9:15 PM Wednesday night some Skrillex-esque figure will get 12 billion youtube hits will become the "definitive" CARPOE artist and inventor according to the internet, even though he actually makes BROCARPOE (that actually sounds like indie music w/ wobbles). At 9:21 PM he will emerge from a trip to the bathroom with 34 grammy nods. Early Thursday morning the genre will be so commercialized and overdone no one will care, especially the Bachael May, who long ago, after a night's sleep, returned to his roots in synth-poppy US corporate 4x4-step. His new album will be warmly received but not loved. Friday the genre will become a throwback revival fad, only the CARPOE revival music will be made by infants born that morning and noted for it's predictable carpoe-VST sounds and poorly researched references to the society and culture of that previous Monday.

This whole process will become increasingly rapid and fickle, to the point where the entire process of a hype-DERP-active trend occurs in hours, then minutes. Then it won't even be recorded, instead artists will think of a new genre, kind forget about it, then try to make it again while describing it to a friend who thinks it sounds familiar. This will be hauntolo-hype-DERP-active phenomenon which will be noted and acclaimed but quickly mistaken as simply BoC-esque. By this point all potential popular music will have been produced and randomly hyped by pitchfork, which is now a multi-media game show where hipsters throw a literal vintage pitchfork on a large, instagram generated twee styled chart to determine what kind of music is popular at the moment. Boom: music in 2013, calling that right now.

Microtonal Funk (this is possibly already done by AE)

Reptile House: house music made solely from reptile samples (lizards belching, rasping an iguana against a crocodile's back).

hype-DERP-active

This will be a trend more than a genre type, modelled after the very niche, quasi-original fusion genres already in existence: witch house, chillwave, dubstep, etc. Someone will upload a gimmicky track or perhaps an ep on soundcloud after an hour of making in an afternoon session, let's say a Monday. Let's say this genre is CARPOE in this case and the artist is Bachael May. By strategic befriending and spamming, a lot of comments and "viral" activity by midnight which will prompt it to be featured in online music publications that morning, remixes by breakfast, followed by twitter hype, blog articles, naive "oh you're too kind" interviews and an eventual label signing by, let's say, around 4pm on Tuesday. By this point other hyped CARPOE producers would have written tracks and earned reviews that evening, all culminating in the poorly written, major media outlet commentary by the typical 'so last monday' crowd (people magazine, cable news segments, rolling stone online articles). Wednesday is the onslaught of disputed sub-genres like post-CARPOE, future CARPOE, CARPOESTEP, PURPLE, CARPO-JUKE, etc culminating in abot 1024 scrobbles on lastfm. By 9:15 PM Wednesday night some Skrillex-esque figure will get 12 billion youtube hits will become the "definitive" CARPOE artist and inventor according to the internet, even though he actually makes BROCARPOE (that actually sounds like indie music w/ wobbles). At 9:21 PM he will emerge from a trip to the bathroom with 34 grammy nods. Early Thursday morning the genre will be so commercialized and overdone no one will care, especially the Bachael May, who long ago, after a night's sleep, returned to his roots in synth-poppy US corporate 4x4-step. His new album will be warmly received but not loved. Friday the genre will become a throwback revival fad, only the CARPOE revival music will be made by infants born that morning and noted for it's predictable carpoe-VST sounds and poorly researched references to the society and culture of that previous Monday.

This whole process will become increasingly rapid and fickle, to the point where the entire process of a hype-DERP-active trend occurs in hours, then minutes. Then it won't even be recorded, instead artists will think of a new genre, kind forget about it, then try to make it again while describing it to a friend who thinks it sounds familiar. This will be hauntolo-hype-DERP-active phenomenon which will be noted and acclaimed but quickly mistaken as simply BoC-esque. By this point all potential popular music will have been produced and randomly hyped by pitchfork, which is now a multi-media game show where hipsters throw a literal vintage pitchfork on a large, instagram generated twee styled chart to determine what kind of music is popular at the moment. Boom: music in 2013, calling that right now.

you just made me lol and actually produce real tears of joy. Then my gf asked what i was laughing at and i found it very challenging to explain without seeming to be mental. Thanks.

Archived