IGNORED

create new genres

YEK

Positive Power Electronics - Like power electronics, but with major chords and happy sounding music in the background. Still abrasive, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrsNARMWujU

I don't think you've ever heard power electronics before:

[media=]

[/media]

I don't think you've ever seen my failed attempts of tongue-in-cheek responses before. Also, I'm more of a Japanoise fan. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a group like Merzbow, Masonna, CCCC, Boredoms, Melt Banana, etc composed exactly what you described. Perhaps this is closer...?

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RandySicko

Gun-core... like breakcore but with bullet shots and impacts for percussion

I made these 2 'songs' a long time ago using ghost recon weapon sounds.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaL2JuP5_pU[/media]

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t84aSOvzDhY[/media]

Nu-Gaze!

LOL

What i'd like to hear-

Intelligent Glam

Terror-Pop

Drum n Grunge

Power Jazz

Psy-Country

even more intelligent dance music

lol

I don't think you've ever seen my failed attempts of tongue-in-cheek responses before. Also, I'm more of a Japanoise fan. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a group like Merzbow, Masonna, CCCC, Boredoms, Melt Banana, etc composed exactly what you described. Perhaps this is closer...?

[media=]

[/media]

lol dammit fuck i hate missing sarcasm

Yeah that works better. I didn't know that Merzbow made anything with normal structure until now.

[media=]

[/media]

lol dammit fuck i hate missing sarcasm

Yeah that works better. I didn't know that Merzbow made anything with normal structure until now.

lol no worries dude, and yeah that Merzbow track surprised me too! Digging this thread for that reason: absurd brainstorming + internet = neat discoveries.

Corpoe - the opposite of Indie.

I'm picturing middle-aged business men with absolutely no musical background or artistic sensibilities trying to make music based on what they think the public wants. Like a fat white balding guy in a suit talking over a beat that would have been cheesy in 1987, saying i have sex with many women, spend excessive amounts of money on motor vehicles with gold in them, if someone bothers me i will fire a gun at them

I'm picturing middle-aged business men with absolutely no musical background or artistic sensibilities trying to make music based on what they think the public wants. Like a fat white balding guy in a suit talking over a beat that would have been cheesy in 1987, saying i have sex with many women, spend excessive amounts of money on motor vehicles with gold in them, if someone bothers me i will fire a gun at them

Meh, close enough. Like, you can make some bullshit rock journalist argument and argue that it's implied.

flol this needs to happen

Blankstep

make a dubstep track, then randomly take out notes or drum hits and just leave the brief silent gaps. actually, that might turn out good lol.

Blubstep

Dubstep with fish and sea sounds. With blubstep it is also possible to drop other fish than bass.

Sounds a bit like seapunk to me!

LOL

Fatstep (dubstep made BY fat people. FOR fat people)

Fast Food Breaks

Ambient Folkgrind

Old Wave (new wave made by elderly people)

Bandstep: big band bands playing live brostep.

Jazzsteppa kinda does this, and as much as I hate brostep... Jazzsteppa is actually pretty cool, check the vid.

Bluestronica

I have been casually toying around with getting a decent electronic-blues fusion sound... it's rather difficult, blues structures just don't tend to lend themselves to electronic styles very well...

golf house

lol this gave me the funniest image of dj's in golf hats and plaid pants playing some kind of click-house with tons of jimmy buffet samples, or something as equally tame and lame

Archived