IGNORED

The Aphex Twin rip-offs

logakght

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It came as a surprise to me that he basically just lifted the whole thing. I would've guessed he chopped some vocal bits and bobs and screwed around with them to make it.

hmmm produk is probably a vibert collab, or maybe vibert was referring to another track, maybe the funny little man one? funny litlle man don't seem so vibertey, and produk is really super vibert, and is also one of my favourite track on syro. I wish they've made and album togheter full of lushy funky produkts!!! OOF!

hmmm produk is probably a vibert collab, or maybe vibert was referring to another track, maybe the funny little man one? funny litlle man don't seem so vibertey, and produk is really super vibert, and is also one of my favourite track on syro. I wish they've made and album togheter full of lushy funky produkts!!! OOF!

Where is a vibert track that sounds like it? I haven't listened to vibert and would love to see.

Where is a vibert track that sounds like it? I haven't listened to vibert and would love to see.

Almost all of his wagonchrist work and quite a few of his songs under his own name feature that distinctive clap that is in produk

Vibert's collabs are all class, not only Rodulate but the BJ Cole one is probably the best collab in music, period.

don't forget the moog album with Jean-Jacques Perrey! that's one of the happiest, most playful albums ever written, definitely one of my favourite things Luke's ever done. if I ever have a kid, I'm playing that album to them.

Vibert's collabs are all class, not only Rodulate but the BJ Cole one is probably the best collab in music, period.

don't forget the moog album with Jean-Jacques Perrey! that's one of the happiest, most playful albums ever written, definitely one of my favourite things Luke's ever done. if I ever have a kid, I'm playing that album to them.

Moog Acid > Stop the Panic.

I think Moog Acid is probably the most legendary collab ever tbh. Jean Jacques Perrey is a legend. Vibert is a legend (in many circles). One of my favorite albums and definitely my favorite collab. Also a beautiful showcase of the moog synthesizers which Jean Jacques Perrey helped bring to fame. Moog Acid made me go buy all of Jean's discography lol.

There was a discussion in watmm a few months ago where a pulsewidth or heliosphan antecedent was pointed out. Definitely ripped that shit off. But other than that it looks like bs. The fact that the poster thinks a handful of saw 85 tracks are afx's best work indicates that he has some mental problems and should not be taken seriously

After like a half hour of digging I found it, the pulsewidth precedent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaaIlC_MFL8

Still like pulsewidth better but the similarities are remarkable

OK, the first three chords might be similar but you can't copywright a friggin' chord sequence! There are only so many, I guarantee that exact chord structure has been used billions of times, in techno tunes, rock, pop & fookin' bulgarian-nose-flute-folk.

indeed

if this is a ripoff then almost every song in existence is a ripoff in some way

There was a discussion in watmm a few months ago where a pulsewidth or heliosphan antecedent was pointed out. Definitely ripped that shit off. But other than that it looks like bs. The fact that the poster thinks a handful of saw 85 tracks are afx's best work indicates that he has some mental problems and should not be taken seriously

After like a half hour of digging I found it, the pulsewidth precedent

Still like pulsewidth better but the similarities are remarkable

This is awesome.

it isn't obfuscated that much, also sampled more obviously in a couple of hip hop tracks. If you know the sample and listen to the Aphex track it is pretty obvious. Imo there is nothing wrong with sampling as long as you re-appropriate, or how you call it, give it a new perspective.

I would have been surprised if Xtal's vocal part wasn't sampled from some other record. It was the 90s, sampling was the big thing in electronic music.

Huh.

Turns out Wabby legs' voice melody (from 2m13ish onwards)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUJWjixAo3o

...sure sounds like a Les Swinger Singers sample of their 1969 Bach cover (from 1:20 on):

yeah how the shit did you find that?

lol good job

Archived