IGNORED

The Aphex Twin rip-offs

logakght

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the fact the poster troll doesn't cite anything, like that "old techno rave anthem", I find some, not all, of their claims spurious at best.

I love this word and it's probably the best thing about this thread

There was a discussion in watmm a few months ago where a pulsewidth or heliosphan antecedent was pointed out. Definitely ripped that shit off. But other than that it looks like bs. The fact that the poster thinks a handful of saw 85 tracks are afx's best work indicates that he has some mental problems and should not be taken seriously

After like a half hour of digging I found it, the pulsewidth precedent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaaIlC_MFL8

Still like pulsewidth better but the similarities are remarkable

OK, the first three chords might be similar but you can't copywright a friggin' chord sequence! There are only so many, I guarantee that exact chord structure has been used billions of times, in techno tunes, rock, pop & fookin' bulgarian-nose-flute-folk.

Guest HokusPoker

Please help me: there are three chords in a different key which, as has been said, must have been used many thousand times.

What is there to copy?

Guest Kenneth172

Hey I saw this in /mu/:

Anything by Aphex Twin.

Also, Film is an old jazz musical from somewhere, I recognised that has a rip off instantly from the tinkle sound in the melody (the original was vocals, kind of like how they sung in chitty chitty bang bang or something). Would love to find that film again, actually.

Xtal uses an enigma vocal and classical melody. He was ripping of FSoL, of whom are crap, too because they were second wave mainstream new age bullshit. David Guetta unintentionally had the same bassline in one of his songs, too. Aphex Twin tried to sue but David Guetta showed the original.

Actium is also a rip off of the melody from an old TV programme for kids.

Pulsewidth was a rip off of an old techno rave anthem.

Ageispolis is also a rip off from a detroit techno song, there was even a music video, it had people doing the locking dance like in breakin2 electric boogaloo.

And that's all of Aphex Twin's best songs which are terrible anyway, so.

Also, Funny Little Man was Luke Vibert's idea, Aphex Twin stole it.

Come to Daddy (Pappy mix) was a rip off a mid west breakcore anthem. X ray dog (a film score artist) also did a version before AFX if I remember.

Is this true? I remember there's indeed a track pretty similar to Pulsewidth before SAW was released... But dunno! :P

Rip-offs eh? Sigh............. Demos... Sent in to Rephlex. More like sending ideas in for Aphex to use in his own tracks then he can go laughing all the way to the bank. To be fair to Aphex though he's not the only artist to rip off other people's ideas. I try to think of it as flattery to make me feel slightly sane. Anyone else had their demos ripped-off?

Hey I saw this in /mu/:

Anything by Aphex Twin.

Also, Film is an old jazz musical from somewhere, I recognised that has a rip off instantly from the tinkle sound in the melody (the original was vocals, kind of like how they sung in chitty chitty bang bang or something). Would love to find that film again, actually.

Xtal uses an enigma vocal and classical melody. He was ripping of FSoL, of whom are crap, too because they were second wave mainstream new age bullshit. David Guetta unintentionally had the same bassline in one of his songs, too. Aphex Twin tried to sue but David Guetta showed the original.

Actium is also a rip off of the melody from an old TV programme for kids.

Pulsewidth was a rip off of an old techno rave anthem.

Ageispolis is also a rip off from a detroit techno song, there was even a music video, it had people doing the locking dance like in breakin2 electric boogaloo.

And that's all of Aphex Twin's best songs which are terrible anyway, so.

Also, Funny Little Man was Luke Vibert's idea, Aphex Twin stole it.

Come to Daddy (Pappy mix) was a rip off a mid west breakcore anthem. X ray dog (a film score artist) also did a version before AFX if I remember.

Is this true? I remember there's indeed a track pretty similar to Pulsewidth before SAW was released... But dunno! :P

Rip-offs eh? Sigh............. Demos... Sent in to Rephlex. More like sending ideas in for Aphex to use in his own tracks then he can go laughing all the way to the bank. To be fair to Aphex though he's not the only artist to rip off other people's ideas. I try to think of it as flattery to make me feel slightly sane. Anyone else had their demos ripped-off?

aren't you the guy whose demo got ripped off by afx or something? i can't remember the story

I just can't believe it.... Just threw out my entire aphex collection. He's out.

according to your interests, i hope the next thing you do doesn't involve you throwing your entire boobs collection out.

Archived