IGNORED

The Aphex Twin rip-offs

logakght

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is terrible news, and I really liked his music! At least I'll still have Venetian Snares.

There was a discussion in watmm a few months ago where a pulsewidth or heliosphan antecedent was pointed out. Definitely ripped that shit off. But other than that it looks like bs. The fact that the poster thinks a handful of saw 85 tracks are afx's best work indicates that he has some mental problems and should not be taken seriously

After like a half hour of digging I found it, the pulsewidth precedent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaaIlC_MFL8

Still like pulsewidth better but the similarities are remarkable

OK, the first three chords might be similar but you can't copywright a friggin' chord sequence! There are only so many, I guarantee that exact chord structure has been used billions of times, in techno tunes, rock, pop & fookin' bulgarian-nose-flute-folk.

I was merely regurgitating information from a really old thread. Whether he ever heard that track or not i could care less really.

This is terrible news, and I really liked his music! At least I'll still have Venetian Snares.

Well there isn't really that much truth to it all...

Guest Sprigg

I just can't believe it.... Just threw out my entire aphex collection. He's out.

Make sure to arrange the bits in a pentacle inscribed into a hexagon on a full moon at midnight and burn them. Then the BoC bunker will be opened at last, and a flood of wonderful new sounds will wash us into an era of instagram-filter-vision and neverending nostalgia, and the Sandisons will be lifted into the sky and the Hexagon Sun will shine once again.

Mozart "ripped off" Joseph Boulogne, the Chevalier de Saint-Georges. All great artists build upon the art to which they are exposed. You can call it "ripping off" if you want to, but it's the way it works. RDJ has, like all great artists, taken from the art around him, sometimes copying it closely, but often tweaking it substantially, or adding something purely creative to make it his own.

As someone already mentioned, many of the claimed "rip-offs" may be spurious, but even if they aren't, I would be neither surprised nor concerned.

Guest Kenneth172

Kenneth, where r u? Why do u hide? Show us all that u've "des couilles" 2 tell us all the ripped-off... Or u're just an angry bird... Bwah ah ah ah!

I'm not hiding, just haven't logged on. To be honest I can't be arsed going through it all again, there's a previous thread on here where I explained all. I'll have a dig around for that thread unless someone else can find it.

Mozart "ripped off" Joseph Boulogne, the Chevalier de Saint-Georges. All great artists build upon the art to which they are exposed. You can call it "ripping off" if you want to, but it's the way it works. RDJ has, like all great artists, taken from the art around him, sometimes copying it closely, but often tweaking it substantially, or adding something purely creative to make it his own.

As someone already mentioned, many of the claimed "rip-offs" may be spurious, but even if they aren't, I would be neither surprised nor concerned.

You would only be concerned if someone else was cashing on on your ideas. Especially when it's someone high profile and the unknown gets no recognition.

Kenneth, where r u? Why do u hide? Show us all that u've "des couilles" 2 tell us all the ripped-off... Or u're just an angry bird... Bwah ah ah ah!

I'm not hiding, just haven't logged on. To be honest I can't be arsed going through it all again, there's a previous thread on here where I explained all. I'll have a dig around for that thread unless someone else can find it.

Why not u? It was ur thread, it's more easy if it's u who give us the link where u explained that... It was ur thread, not by someone! Thanks in advance

Guest Kenneth172

who really cares lol. its richard. rip off or no rip off 85-92 is still one of my fav albums of all time.

Credit where credit's due.

Why not u? It was ur thread, it's more easy if it's u who give us the link where u explained that... It was ur thread, not by someone! Thanks in advance

I'm looking for it, it was was a post within someone elses thread. Thanks.

Aphex did steal ideas. The whole genre idea is based on stealing ideas

Right.

I just can't believe it.... Just threw out my entire aphex collection. He's out.

according to your interests, i hope the next thing you do doesn't involve you throwing your entire boobs collection out.

LOL

come on, kenneth. give us the info.

There was a discussion in watmm a few months ago where a pulsewidth or heliosphan antecedent was pointed out. Definitely ripped that shit off. But other than that it looks like bs. The fact that the poster thinks a handful of saw 85 tracks are afx's best work indicates that he has some mental problems and should not be taken seriously

After like a half hour of digging I found it, the pulsewidth precedent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaaIlC_MFL8

Still like pulsewidth better but the similarities are remarkable

Heh, that track made me think of this old remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRLfHjV6Qkw

but not so much about afx.

Archived