IGNORED

EPL 2012-2013

YO303

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mirezzi

Well, the RVP era sure started with a whimper as he appears to have brought the mid-season Arsenal form from last year with him. ManU were absolute shit.

To be honest I think saying United were shit takes away massively from how superb that Everton performance was. I thought United were ok, but too sluggish, but Everton (and Fellaini, Hibbert and Jagielka especially) were absolutely brilliant.

Guest Ron Manager

Wonder when the last time Utd lost on opening day was? I had a feeling Everton were going to get something from this game... they always seem to play so well against the top teams. The way that club is run and managed, they deserve everything they get. As always, I hope they have a good season.

Guest Gary C

Everton are the universally liked team of the league. Everyone hopes they do well because they spend sensibly, have a loyal and local support, don't play too badly (not great, but they're not thugs) and Moyes deserves some success for sticking it out with them.

I predicted them to surprise last year, but they didn't. They still need some quality strikers, and a new Arteta, but hopefully they'll get above Spurs and Liverpool at least.

Guest Mirezzi

To be honest I think saying United were shit takes away massively from how superb that Everton performance was. I thought United were ok, but too sluggish, but Everton (and Fellaini, Hibbert and Jagielka especially) were absolutely brilliant.

That's a very fair point, but I was definitely struck but the lack of invention from United.

Guest Gary C

That's a very fair point, but I was definitely struck but the lack of invention from United.

Welcome to last season.

Fergie is still trying to turn Rooney into a playmaker to solve his crisis in midfield and it ain't gonna happen.

What a start for Michael Laudrup.. I thought he was going to be a failure. I know it's only been two games, but they've amazing in both.

Yeah Alladyce is boring. But I don't think he has never been relegated with a team? I can respect that.

Guest Gary C

Lukaku vs Carragher = RAPE!

N1BfG.gif

Only just seen this. It's a wonderful feint, and brilliant to see Carragher stack it. Maybe that'll shock him into finally retiring.

Guest Gary C

Chamakh started his Arsenal career really well, but it fizzled into nothing. Giroud gets in the right positions, and made at least one scintillating shot. He gives us a big more strength up front. Something that Chamakh is absolutely rubbish for.

I think he'll be good, not great. This is his big move, and maybe that's what we need at the moment. We need a few players who want to hit their best, and not Cesc, Nasri and RvP who are always keeping one eye on the door and thinking about moving up to bigger teams.

But Wenger needs to sign another striker.

There's only Podolski and Giroud really. But Podolski is much better on the Left wing, where not going to use Chamakh, and Bendtner is definitely gone soon. And haven't really heard Arsenal linked with any strikers other than Llortente, whick seem very unlikely to happen.

Guest Gary C

Arsenal had him on a trial, but haven't made any moves for him, so I guess he's just not good enough. And I suppose why should we settle for a player that's not good enough just because we don't have enough quality in that position already.

Signing sub-par players to fill gaps is how a club steps backwards. Chamakh and Park have been sub-par enough.

The only class player we've really missed out on in recent years is Hazard, because we went for Gervinho instead... Oh, and C. Ronaldo, but that was ages ago.

Archived