IGNORED

Psychedelics

mentalextension

Hi there ! I don't know if this thread is suitable for this site or not, so please delete it if it's against the rules. Anyhow, haven't seen any thread dedicated only to experiences with psychedelics, i would love to read your experiences !

I can share some of mine also...

I'm not really what you would call an experienced user, i've only used weed exclusively and shrooms 2 times, and i intend never doing anything besides psychedelics and weed, no stimulants, opiates, no nothing. Well, actually i did have codeine once, but it fucking sucked and sucking fucked...

So i thought i would share my shroom experiences with you, like i said, I've only done them 2 times, but i've gained so much insight from them, it's unbelieveable.

And as for bad trips,i can't really see how i could have one, sure, i've had moments of fright & being worried if I've totally lost my mind and never will come down again, or ate the wrong mushrooms(They grow everywhere up here !) I've seen fucked up sides of my personality(Which I've managed to fix now thanks to those sacred little thingies) but i've just managed to go with the flow and just take things as they are, if they now where so as im thinking right in that moment. If there is a mouth of a snake, i just dive right in fearlessly, or at least i try to, lol. The thing I wanted to say is just that I think that all trips have some kind of positive outcome even if you get scared shitless sometimes.

So now on to the experiences...

My first shroom trip:

Total Ammount: Not exactly sure, but somewhere around 2 - 2,5 g of dried home-grown psilocybe cubensis of the equador strain.

We were 6 guys, 3 of us would later be consuming mushrooms which contained the psychedelic compound psilocybin, the rest were there to watch over us (I strongly recommend having tripsitters) Let's just call my friends A, B, C, D And E. So we arrive at C's Parents Summer villa, in the middle of nowhere, in the woods, with a beautiful lake right next to it. We take some time to get comfortable with the place (Set & Setting really matters, atleast for me !). So after a while me and A go out and smoke a bowl together from my trusty pipe called Spooney (Something which i now regret doing, because it made my trip all hazy & difficult to remember compared to my 2:nd trip which didn't involve weed at all.) So then after a while with a nice buzz going on, we prepare ourselves some mushroom-tea and start slowly sippin away, i was drinking it really, really, REALLY slow, because i was pretty unsure about the whole thing, but then when the effects came on a little, i remember thinking to my self, hey, this actually feels really fun in my whole body, so i downed the rest of the cup immediately. Then after like half an hour i started noticing my friend B looking a lot older than he actually is, then i saw him getting older & older, his hair was greyening and his sking was getting more and more wrinkled, until he started to rot, I suddenly felt overwhelmed, but I managed to stay calm, probably because i have seen too many horror movies since i was a little kid, and was pretty used to seing disturbing imagery. I just sat there and had normal conversations with him when his face suddenly morphs into this lizard-like face, now that kind of freaked me out a little, but then again i managed to calm my self down thinking that it's only a trip & nothing to worry about. So then after a while we head outside and i start feeling all this love for nature with the trees surrounding me & the beatiful music of birds singing, it was really awesome ! We head into this garage-thing and start looking at all the stuff there, the place was filled with old bicycles & stuff like that, i feel so much in love with all & everything and i get this strong urge to express my feelings, so i tried giving my very close friend B a hug, but he reacted in a very negative kind of way, i remember it like he was kind of like a snake that just got threatened or something, this is one of the first times i really understood a little of this thing called psychology, why & how people react in certain ways, a thing that i've gained more and more interest for since i've had these experiences... So anyway, i just told him no hard feelings, although i got a little scared when he just pushed me away in the fracture of a second, but I wouldn't let that get in the way of my trip. So then we head back in side & everything was 100% chill again, we then ingested some more shrooms, i ate the remains of those i had made tea of, plus some additional dried shrooms untouched by water. Then some time later (My sense of time was long lost by this point) all those of us who had ingested the mushrooms were lying down on the floor & were just about to peak. I remember it pretty clearly, it was the most intense euphoria I've ever felt in my entire life, i just laid on the floor with my eyes closed, and suddenly everything became really pink and there where pink mushrooms dancing everywhere(Seeing mushrooms seem to some kind of reocurring theme for me, since i also saw closed-eye mushroom visuals on my second trip, but more on that later) Suddenly i felt that it would be best if i opened my eyes again, and there i was in the room again, i sat myself up and started analyzing every object in the room with my eyes, i just thought wow, everything seemed like it was alive, the floor patterns were moving, the plant that seemed to be in desperate need of water looking all depressed & down were now standing tall with pride & the music, don't even get me started on the MUSIC, oh holy fuck, how can i never have heard music like this before ? It was as if the music didn't just come into my ears as usually, but as if it was being projected into my very soul, WOW, wow, this is the thing that really got me into shrooms, holy fucking shit. I can't describe how fucking awesome music is for me when i'm on shrooms, of course it's totally fucking awesome when I'm sober also, but not in this kind of way, i could feel all the emotions dancing it's way from the speakers, to me, and all the plants in the room were dancing in pure bliss to these tunes, we were mostly listening to stuff from Twisted records, Shpongle, Ott, Younger brother, you name it. I remember listening to ott's rogue bagel and picking up my 12-string guitar which i brought with me because a friend told me that a best thing a musician can have with him on a trip is an instrument, and he was absolutely right ! I played along the beforementioned song, and it seemed like i could just play any note, and it fit right in with the music (I'm sure it sounded terrible for everyone else lol) So then after a while, i decided to stop playing and communicate with my fellow trippers, when i suddenly realized that D was the devil, i saw his skin turning red and horns growing out from his head, my psychological interpretation of this was that i saw him as a threat because i didn't know him very well at the time, so i just ignored that and looked at B, I saw him morph into his older brother, and then his even older brother, and then his father, and then into one of our friends, now my interpretation of this is that i saw the different parts of his brothers/fathers he has picked up in his personality through the years.

My friend A had been drawing for what seemed like hours, he's been totally into drawing since he did shrooms the first time, this was his second time, he just sat on the floor, drawing, and drawing, and drawing some more, all of the sudden his head became the head of a rabbit, i just thought wtf and went on with other stuff ( I tried not wondering too much about all the stuff going trough my mind, since it was my first trip and all) So then our friend D who was a devil moments ago, came and sat down with us, and we just talked for eternity, we talked and talked, it was so awesome, we talked about all the deeph philosophical questions about this universe, and whatever question i answered, he always seemed to have a cool answer, so then he got from the devil, to being some kind of jesus-figure to me, something that made me have very much respect for him from then on. But this trip wasn't all just fun, i had moments of fear pretty often, but it was just like in short bursts, then i just began focusing on something else, or moving myself to different parts of the house, i visited the bathroom pretty frequently during my trip, i was drinking a lot of water to keep me hydrated. During my bathroom visits i would always stay in the bathroom a bit, because i felt safety whenever i saw my reflection in the mirror, it just made me so happy that I'm me. And this is pretty much it. For the rest of my trip i just went to be alone in a dim-lit room with pictures everywhere on the walls, pictures of people, and they all seemed to be alive, it was just really cool, their facial expressions were shifting from happy, to sad, to fearful, and repeating itself, and the wallpaper patterns were moving constantly also. So i stayed there for like an hour or so, until my friend bursts in and i show them the coolness of the wallpaper, which they agreed on. So then we start coming down and just talked hysterically, and laughed hysterically at all the great conclusions we came up with constantly, our tripsitters had made pizza in the oven, so when we pretty much where back on earth again, we just ate, went outside and smoked a spliff, and went inside to sleep, but the spliff made the effects come on again a little, so i just glazed out the window on the trees and everything seemed really cartoony, i watched this beautiful scenery until i fell asleep...

There you have it !

Now i realized how long it took me to just write about my first experience without going into all details, so i can't really be bothered writing about the second one, but if the thread doesn't get locked, i will eventually write about my second voyage into the unknown, i can tell you now that the 2:nd time was way more intense and shamanic than the first time, i think it has to do with the potency of the wild shrooms that grow here compared to the cubensis we grew inside, we just went out in the wild and picked them, silly however that such a thing is illegal... Picking a fucking mushroom from the ground and putting it in your mouth and chewing it up & swallowing it is fucking illegal, how silly isn't that ? anyhow... Please share your experiences, and I don't really wanna hear about TRIPPIN BAWLZ or something like that, i want to hear experiences that meant something & gave you insight.

Peace be with you all !

-Mental Extension

Edited by mentalextension

Guest RadarJammer

When I was a dumb 14 or 15 year old I took a bunch of dramamine (first and last time) and experienced a bunch of hallucinations like my friend would appear and start talking and when I talked back the sound of my voice would make him vanish and smoked lots of disappearing cigarettes. The most funny thing though was I watched a movie on tv based on a book I read in 5th grade called "The Westing Game" and the next day, having no knowledge of a movie adaption for that book, assumed that it was a hallucination. 10 years later while fooling around on IMDB I discovered that it was a real movie!

And yes, I am aware of the many, many mistypings, I'm just really lazy when it comes to clean-writing everything... :)

That dramamine thing doesn't really sound like anything i would put in my body, but atleast it was a fun read ;)

I did acid once with a buddy. We went out in the woods and enjoyed the geometrical patterns.

I did cubensis shrooms and time stopped while a friend's dad was driving me and two friends. We stopped at a house where my friends went out to grab some beer, and meanwhile my friend's dad was trying to talk to me. I don't remember what we talked about but I'm sure it was awkward. Anyway, we got to my friends porch and started relaxing. Time kept acting up until I had a very tangible sensation of the meaning of being in the present.

Another time I did an heroic amount of Psilocybin shrooms at a party, then tried to go home. Bad idea. I didn't even know my name and I was trying to find my way through the streets. But I got there eventually. As soon as I got down on my bed and put down some music, I went into a black hole and thought I was going to die. Then I let go. I think it was the first time I experienced universal love. For the next week after that, I wanted to travel to India.

I don't like connecting drugs and insight. Insight comes from living life. The most important insight I have ever gotten from taking drugs is that you should never eat loads of nutmeg.

Edited by chimera slot mom

I did acid once with a buddy. We went out in the woods and enjoyed the geometrical patterns.

I did cubensis shrooms and time stopped while a friend's dad was driving me and two friends. We stopped at a house where my friends went out to grab some beer, and meanwhile my friend's dad was trying to talk to me. I don't remember what we talked about but I'm sure it was awkward. Anyway, we got to my friends porch and started relaxing. Time kept acting up until I had a very tangible sensation of the meaning of being in the present.

Another time I did an heroic amount of Psilocybin shrooms at a party, then tried to go home. Bad idea. I didn't even know my name and I was trying to find my way through the streets. But I got there eventually. As soon as I got down on my bed and put down some music, I went into a black hole and thought I was going to die. Then I let go. I think it was the first time I experienced universal love. For the next week after that, I wanted to travel to India.

I don't like connecting drugs and insight. Insight comes from living life. The most important insight I have ever gotten from taking drugs is that you should never eat loads of nutmeg.

Yeah, i would never do shrooms, or any other psychedelic on a party, but besides from that experience, it sounds like you've had some good times. I've been thinking a lot about acid lately, but i think it's best for me if i wait until im a bit older & more experienced and feel 100 % ready for it, exactly as i did with shrooms, to minimize the risk of reacting badly ! ;)

Good for you if you can get insight from just living sober, I've tried and i can't really, tried meditation & shit like that, but im just too lazy, and I'm probably a million years younger than you too, so i really can't say that much about learning from life yet. :D

And the nutmeg thing, i tried eating a spoonful once lol, it was like trying to swallow sand, horrible & disgusting, couldnt get it down... :D

just did acid and mushrooms with like 15 other friends on a beach at a lake sunday night and we watched the meteor shower and listened to the shimmering hour.. it was pretty awesome to say the least

one of my friends had this kaleidoscopic laser pointer and he was aiming it at some of my friends on the beach dancing and shaking blankets around in the darkness. It literally looked like they were part of the matrix or something with the green lights shaking all over them

Psychedelics? Why yes!

N,N-Dimethyltryptamine is a good one.

Ah, Divine moments of truth, I do not dare venture that far yet, i probably will not in a loooong time, but i would gladly like to hear your experiences, if you've had any with said substance. :)

since it's going on, can someone tell me how beznos work? any experience? i'm curious. i know joan vollmer ended up with a psychosis from it, and reading stuff on the web i assume it's mildly psychedelic drug?

But isn't drugs a part of "living life". Sure, you can live life without drugs, but having these experiences with psychedelics is just another aspect of this experience we call "life". In my mind life is a psychedelic experience and drugs are just an extensions of that, as is meditation and various other peak experiences.

All my psychedelic experiences have been good (done just shrooms, LSD and some RCs). Although eating 60g fresh shrooms in Amsterdam wasn't such a bright idea in hindsight. Ended up losing my stuff (and mind) and getting apprehended by the police and placed in the drunk tank until I sobered up. They were nice enough to call me a taxi when I felt sober enough as I had no clue where I was. But regardless it was an interesting experience. Best experience was when dosing 3000mg Piracetam and 2,5 tabs of quality acid one winter. Sitting on a snow covered cliff looking at the sea with all the distant islands shimmering in all kinds of colors as a feeling of oneness with everything filled me. Another time it felt like the universe gave me a hug. Was great. DMT is one drug that I intend to try at least once, otherwise I could live without psychedelics. I feel like they've given me what they can, but of course if an opportunity presents itself and the set and setting is good then why not indulge a little again.

While psychedelics for some seem to be a way to reach some higher esoteric knowledge, I see it more as a way to explore my consciousness and how it works.

Guest RadarJammer

Psychedelics? Why yes!

N,N-Dimethyltryptamine is a good one.

Ah, Divine moments of truth, I do not dare venture that far yet, i probably will not in a loooong time, but i would gladly like to hear your experiences, if you've had any with said substance. :)

I had a nice bit of the orange N,N goo+oregano that I nursed the hell out of for a few months. I would lay on my back porch under the stars and just smoke enough to enjoy that nice mellow tryptamine feeling and I could watch dancing geometry. I was never intending to have a full blown breakthrough because I'd had that with mushrooms plenty of times and I was being sort of a pussy about it. When I had one pinch left in my vial I thought I should toke it hard as possible to get the most out of it and I wound up vaporizing a huge amount of residu from inside my pipe and I blew myself away by complete accident. After 10 seconds I heard a loud sine wave and the word shit cascaded in my mind and didn't stop for 5 minutes. As I was taking off I saw the north star and focused on it as an anchor but it just kept copying itself everywhere I looked. As I was laying down my legs were sort of jutting out like you would imagine someone on the operating table getting a bullet removed. My mind was 100% clear and I shot clear past the geometrical shapes I was used to seeing and found myself in a pink hued zone of undulating ribbons. My mind fought for "reality" every step of the way. As I started seeing my porch again a bat fluttered over me. Whew. I don't regret it but It might be another decade before I do something like that again.

Guest Social Spastic

i was once waiting for a bus and a squirrel, called himself percy he climbed out of my ear and said don't take drugs ever they are bad and against the law. Sound Advice

I think the effects can be very interesting but the whole culture surrounding psychedelics puts me off because of all the new age idiots that take themselves too seriously. I do love the spiritual sensations an otherworldly insights psychedelics bring me. But some people attach some really crazy truths to those experiences.

I've gone to my limit with LSD to the point I had an uncontrollable psychotic meltdown in which the universe collapsed over and over again. It was a bit dangerous but an awesome experience in retrospect. Especially since I remember most of it. I'll probably try a large dose again in a more suitable environment like the middle of a large forest where I can't freak anybody out or hurt myself too bad. Still need to try DMT.

I would say my trips have raised my appreciation for a lot of things, most importantly life itself. For a friend of mine, things didn't go well and it caused a period of psychological problems for 6 months. I've been hesitant to recommend psychedelics to anyone ever since, even though they've been so good to me.

I feel like they've given me what they can, but of course if an opportunity presents itself and the set and setting is good then why not indulge a little again.

While psychedelics for some seem to be a way to reach some higher esoteric knowledge, I see it more as a way to explore my consciousness and how it works.

*nods in agreement*

drugs are for losers who can't handle reality.

Now now, i respect you not doing drugs, but i also think that YOU should respect those who choose not to not use drugs.

Have a nice one ! ;)

since it's going on, can someone tell me how beznos work? any experience? i'm curious. i know joan vollmer ended up with a psychosis from it, and reading stuff on the web i assume it's mildly psychedelic drug?

benzos work by playing around with GABA receptors, iirc. they aren't classified as psychedelic ("mind-revealing") drugs. from personal experience, i can say that they have somewhat the opposite effect.

But isn't drugs a part of "living life". Sure, you can live life without drugs, but having these experiences with psychedelics is just another aspect of this experience we call "life". In my mind life is a psychedelic experience and drugs are just an extensions of that, as is meditation and various other peak experiences.

I actually agree with you. It's a part of living life. And it's different for every person. But I'm thoroughly disenchanted with people who are chasing one peak psychedelic experience after another to understand the meaning of life. And people who call being alive at a time when they are not under the influence "being sober". I think you should try everything once. And then not try it. And try it again. Whatever tells you the wrong choices that you make and why you shouldn't make them, and the right choices, the good sides... and how they all interplay.

I personally prefer meditation more and I'm sad that it's mostly an enormous gap between the two groups. Whenever I enter a discussion of psychedelics versus meditation, I get jumped because a lot of psychonauts seem to think there's no value to such an activity without at least smoking weed. Because Terrence McKenna said so and there's just no use to being sober. Every moment is glorious but we have more of a choice what to do when we don't shove chemicals into our brain. We just don't easily recognize what choices we make. A decent psychedelic dose can probably be a good way to help you see who you are. But it's just telling you that; this is you, don't be afraid.

I liked reading about your experiences.

I think what happens during deep meditation and during a good psychedelic trip is essentially the same. Obviously ingesting a substance is a far easier method to get that peak experience than meditation which needs a lot more work, the end result is some kind of ego loss. Which in my thoughts is experiencing existence in a flow-state where the ego is no longer there to categorize, assess and value the stimulus that in turns gives "complete synesthesia" where all that you experience seem to be one thing.

In one of my fanciful theories, I see consciousness being caused by constantly going through a state of egoloss and the "echoes" of that point accumulates and creates what we call our consciousness. With the right kind of substances or meditation one can start dismantling that noise and coming closer to that point of egoless existence. It's essentially meta-cognition and with psychedelics it's easier to move among the different levels of cognition. I feel like my consciousness is like a superfluid looping around the different meta-levels. The difficult part is letting go and just surrendering, basically having your ego circle around a drain and letting it fall down. I don't think I've yet had such an experience, or maybe I have, being hard to describe since it's way beyond words or any meaning by definition.

If there is one point in our history I would like to witness is when whatever creature first got the spark of consciousness or the ability of metacognition. I like to think it was first a jumbled mess of stimuli without meaning that it just reacted to and then it all clicked in it's all fractal glory and patterns and connections emerged and realizing there was an "I" looking at the world that can think about itself.

Speaking of fractals, they seem to be prevalent in any psychedelic experience which is interesting. Not the fractals themselves, but that they or other form constants seem to occur to everyone. Are they visual manifestations of our thought processes, since seeing sounds as colors and the likes is also common, is it just a form of synesthesia? Same with people tripping on datura often seem to be smoking imaginary cigarettes or imagining meeting people they haven't seen in a long time. Surely it's a sign of some underlying neurological reason this occurs.

Edited by azatoth

has anyone tried 2cp yet?

18hrs+ of Fear and Loathing adrenochrome level insanity which isn't something to do in a festival dressed like Thors gay cousin with other people depending on you! I had to take dried magic mushrooms to bring me down and make myself feel more human again.

Salvia is a very underrated serious psychedelic. I think it's become sort of a 'lets get this new guy super fucked up and embarass him' sort of novelty drug, that and it's sold at most headshops now with the ludicrous name of 'purple sticky salvia'. Its unfortunate because it's by far one of the most interesting, outer dimensional and strange drug experience you will ever have. I recommend taking it around other people who will keep quiet and won't keep asking you 'are you ok man?' while you're out of your gord.

If you can get ahold of some salvia tincture (which lasts 45 minutes instead of 5) you will be able to fully appreciate the salvia hallucinations and mental effects instead of feeling torn out of your body and thrown into a cartoon

my last tincture experience was pretty amazing,

Edited by Awepittance

I need to venture into some DMT I think... I only have experiences with the 2C drugs (2CI, 2CE, 2CT7, 2CT2 etc)... and LSD and shrooms..

would you guys draw any parallels between DMT and 2C drugs or are they completely different beasts?

drugs are for losers who can't handle reality.

I think you've got it backwards!I've been getting into 2c-b in the last week or so. It's really awesome and is becoming one of my favorites, basically within an hour you get launched into a euphoric peak but without the time commitment of acid or mescaline (you're down within 3-4 hours). Also it's less visual (at least for the amts I have tried so far). I would highly recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity, just really fun.