IGNORED

Psychedelics

mentalextension

I need to venture into some DMT I think... I only have experiences with the 2C drugs (2CI, 2CE, 2CT7, 2CT2 etc)... and LSD and shrooms..

would you guys draw any parallels between DMT and 2C drugs or are they completely different beasts?

Well, the main difference the 2C family is a phenethylamine and DMT is a tryptamine (as LSD and shrooms) so they work slightly different on a neurochemical level. I tend to feel phenethylamines are slightly more "speedier" than tryptamines, but haven't tried phenethylamines that many times as tryptamines to call it. From reading DMT seem to cause a way more intense trip than any phenethylamine. But YMMV.

I need to venture into some DMT I think... I only have experiences with the 2C drugs (2CI, 2CE, 2CT7, 2CT2 etc)... and LSD and shrooms..

would you guys draw any parallels between DMT and 2C drugs or are they completely different beasts?

Well, the main difference the 2C family is a phenethylamine and DMT is a tryptamine (as LSD and shrooms) so they work slightly different on a neurochemical level. I tend to feel phenethylamines are slightly more "speedier" than tryptamines, but haven't tried phenethylamines that many times as tryptamines to call it. From reading DMT seem to cause a way more intense trip than any phenethylamine. But YMMV.

Interesting. I think I will pick some up as I have been meaning to try it for quite some time (DMT I mean).

I agree that 2c-x class drugs feel speedy to me, though I have no point of reference. I have always mixed 2c-I with a low dose of mushrooms (1-2grams) and have had experiences similar to LSD. Perhaps the 2CI helps potentiate the shrooms, or vice versa. Highly recommended mix, especially for auditory effects.

The first time I heard cosmogramma was on this mix of drugs. It was out of this world!

drugs are for losers who can't handle reality.

I think you've got it backwards!I've been getting into 2c-b in the last week or so. It's really awesome and is becoming one of my favorites, basically within an hour you get launched into a euphoric peak but without the time commitment of acid or mescaline (you're down within 3-4 hours). Also it's less visual (at least for the amts I have tried so far). I would highly recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity, just really fun.

Agreed! I really enjoy 2C-B!

the 2c drugs, especially 2ci have extreme sexual enhancement. I highly recommend anybody with the opportunity (even solo) to partake

in response to Stephen, DMT doesn't compare to many other psychedelics because of it's duration and intensity. It's in the same family as mushrooms and LSD. the only drugs that 'compare' in the same family are DPT and 5-MEO-DMT . If you can get ahold of DPT, do it. It's the real 'business man's trip' You don't die or don't visit aliens but you have one hell of a strong mushroom like trip for only 2 hours.

A lot of people compare Salvia with DMT because they are the only 2 drugs that last 5 minutes, where you experience virtual death, talk to aliens and are back to normal before breakfast

Edited by Awepittance

the 2c drugs, especially 2ci have extreme sexual enhancement. I highly recommend anybody with the opportunity (even solo) to partake

Interesting. I never even thought of sex while on any 2c-x.

Is this effect present in low doses? (Edit: I only ask because the gf doesn't like to get wrecked off her face but would probably enjoy a low dose) Would you liken the effect for the female similar to other speedier drugs (ecstasy, coke etc)?

Edited by StephenG

I'm too afraid of psychedelics but I am very interested. I could see it happening someday but not in the near future. Although, I am also interested in disassociatives such as DXM.

if you're under 20, it's probably not a bad idea to wait until at least your mid 20s. They say the human brain isn't fully formed until age 25. Having your identity or ego obliterated/shattered into a million pieces before you've established your own identity is not recommended.

Is this effect present in low doses? (Edit: I only ask because the gf doesn't like to get wrecked off her face but would probably enjoy a low dose) Would you liken the effect for the female similar to other speedier drugs (ecstasy, coke etc)?

maybe only ecstacy, except i think it's harder to achieve orgasm on MDMA vs 2ci. If you haven't tried this with the lady yet, do it the next time you are both on 2ci. I think the tactile enhancement is what really pushes it over the edge. Even just making out feels amazing. There is proabably a tipping point where too much would make someone unable to have sex at all though. For me i took around 10 mg and the other person 15mg

maybe only ecstacy, except i think it's harder to achieve orgasm on MDMA vs 2ci. If you haven't tried this with the lady yet, do it the next time you are both on 2ci. I think the tactile enhancement is what really pushes it over the edge. Even just making out feels amazing. There is proabably a tipping point where too much would make someone unable to have sex at all though. For me i took around 10 mg and the other person 15mg

Thanks for the tips.

I think 10-15 is relatively low dose (I usually take 25-30). I will experiment with 5-10mg to start for the effects you mentioned and go from there!

Cheers =)

Edited by StephenG

I'm too afraid of psychedelics but I am very interested. I could see it happening someday but not in the near future. Although, I am also interested in disassociatives such as DXM.

if you're under 20, it's probably not a bad idea to wait until at least your mid 20s. They say the human brain isn't fully formed until age 25. Having your identity or ego obliterated/shattered into a million pieces before you've established your own identity is not recommended.

not all psychedelics shatter your ego. even then, the dosage really matters. sub-treshhold doses of dmt are safe in terms of the ego, imo.

they don't all shatter your ego, but most peel away at it. Even a strong marijuana experience will do this. i just think ingesting a serious amount of psychedelic drugs at a younger age is a bad idea. I did it to myself an i regret in part not waiting until at least my mid 20s. It's different for everybody though. But i had a very unusual drug evolution, i smoked salvia did LSD and dxm before i experienced the effects of alcohol or pot

Edited by Awepittance

they don't all shatter your ego, but most peel away at it. Even a strong marijuana experience will do this. i just think ingesting a serious amount of psychedelic drugs at a younger age is a bad idea. I did it to myself an i regret in part not waiting until at least my mid 20s. It's different for everybody though. But i had a very unusual drug evolution, i smoked salvia did LSD and dxm before i experienced the effects of alcohol or pot

see i have friends who started use of heavy psychedelics at age 18 or 19 and are now 20/21 and their personalities are totally shattered. They almost seem robotic sometimes. It's been weird and even frightening sometimes to witness people altar their minds so much

it seems to me like a lot of younger people (late teens) that start using psychedelics will go through a sort of depersonalization type thing where they seem to get kinda detached for a while. i think a lot of us pull through it just fine, and i feel that psychedelics helped shape who i am today in a very good way, but some people do seem to have a harder time than others. awepittance's advice is sound i think.

it's all up the individual, if you are a grounded 18 year old and you respect and understand the power of psychedelic drugs i think you can make a responsible choice to take them. I just think a lot of people coming out of highschool drug culture think that shrooms and LSD are just different ways to 'get fucked up' and have very little context and understanding of just how powerful and life changing a psychedelic experience can be. basically educate yo-self! PSA time

If there is anything that I have come to think about psychedelics it is that a lot of people attach some kind of lie to the experience in aftersight. Like a solvent psychedelics work away at supposed normalcy, burn away beliefs, put all your life's relevancy up for debate.

After having your roots hacked apart and floating in the conceptual abyss, you need something to stand on, or you'd be an invalid. So people make it an 'object'...a 'trip' they 'had'. It was a process going on in your mind, but a process that actively worked against definition...so holding onto it is impossible. A surrogate concept of 'the trip' takes its place, and that concept is just an approximation; ultimately false.

Or something. I don't know. I'm letting the dao leak into my interpretation a little too much I think. I try not to talk like this anymore, most people find it deplorable.

Either way, I agree with Awepittance in saying that Salvinorin is worth some serious and cautious exploring. I've done it many times now and I'm still mystified by it, so much that I'm afraid to even talk about it. The reality of salvia-world (or distortion of the senses it causes) intersects so harshly with the logic of this world that thinking too hard about it will make you go mad. Like, lovecraftian mad. If you're into that sort of thing :mu-ziq:

this is good advice. I feel like I smoked way too much weed in high school and experimented too much with LSD/shroom/mescaline without really having any respect for them. I had some great amazing trips but also had my share if just terrifying and horrific experiences as well.

I enjoy reading others experiences now but you couldn't pay me to take the shit again. especially salvia. sometimes I can't even read people's experiences with it because I go to a bad place myself.

all in all I'd encourage the exploration of psychedelics but with the mindset of respect for the drug and being in a good place. being at an intermission of a grateful dead show with a head full of bad acid is not a good place. not at all.

better said:

If you find yourself surrounded by people doing psychedelics and asking you to join them, and you don't really want to....just go home. You'll be helping yourself. I've found myself many a time surrounded by overzealous idiots on some kind of crash and burn streak pushing me to take psychedelics when I don't feel any good reason to, and it is not the right environment at all. For some people, there comes a point when you just feel so blasé that you'd rather just get a good nights sleep then fuck around with grownups acting like children.

Also, if you don't really want to do any psychedelics, and you are surrounded by people telling you to have some. GO THE FUCK HOME. You'll be helping yourself.

ha, i've never been in such a situation, I'm usually the trip sitter in those scenarios anyways. I've seen some really weird shit though, and it makes me wonder what its like from the inside

If there is anything that I have come to think about psychedelics it is that a lot of people attach some kind of lie to the experience in aftersight.

This is really true. I knew a lot of people in college who would take high doses of psychedelics with little foresight, just to brag about the trip later on. I mean you could tell that they didn't spend any time within the trip trying to absorb the experience in a genuine way, because they were too busy trying to find labels to attach to it so that they could babble about it the next day with their friends. Some people clearly had lackluster trips but claimed they were amazing experiences just to look cool. This is a nasty attitude and I think it's common with any status symbol, ie it's kind of the same as somebody pretending to like a band in order to fit in.

It's a shame that these drugs (which definitely do have incredible positive potential when used wisely) have become status symbols for young people trying to fit in.

Also, good advice from Robbie about letting your ego develop naturally before modifying it. Make sure you have a full deck of cards before you shuffle it.

If there is anything that I have come to think about psychedelics it is that a lot of people attach some kind of lie to the experience in aftersight. Like a solvent psychedelics work away at supposed normalcy, burn away beliefs, put all your life's relevancy up for debate.

After having your roots hacked apart and floating in the conceptual abyss, you need something to stand on, or you'd be an invalid. So people make it an 'object'...a 'trip' they 'had'. It was a process going on in your mind, but a process that actively worked against definition...so holding onto it is impossible. A surrogate concept of 'the trip' takes its place, and that concept is just an approximation; ultimately false.

Or something. I don't know. I'm letting the dao leak into my interpretation a little too much I think. I try not to talk like this anymore, most people find it deplorable.

Either way, I agree with Awepittance in saying that Salvinorin is worth some serious and cautious exploring. I've done it many times now and I'm still mystified by it, so much that I'm afraid to even talk about it. The reality of salvia-world (or distortion of the senses it causes) intersects so harshly with the logic of this world that thinking too hard about it will make you go mad. Like, lovecraftian mad. If you're into that sort of thing :mu-ziq:

really interesting and true observations. What you just said sort of activated a belief in my mind that i haven't been able to express before. And it makes me wonder, of all the people through out history who had genuine 'spiritual' experiences, or religious visions. Were they actually just badly describing their trip for the same reasons you describe above? and as a by product we have watered down human filtered 'trip reports' in the form of all the world's religions

and yeah Re: salvia, it is by far the most abstract experience ... ever. Getting any more descriptive than that would be doing it an injustice. It's pretty insane too how inexperienced human kind is with the fully other worldly salvia trip. I just don't think it's possible the way the natives supposedly did it (without smoking) to experience that sort of extreme loss of contact with normal reality.

Edited by Awepittance

Guest the anonymous forumite

drugs are for losers who can't handle reality.

reality is for losers who can't cope with drugs.

Edited by the anonymous forumite

Guest kokeboka

since it's going on, can someone tell me how beznos work? any experience? i'm curious. i know joan vollmer ended up with a psychosis from it, and reading stuff on the web i assume it's mildly psychedelic drug?

Benzos have a more sedative, opiate-like effect. They're not psychedelic at all, aside from the relaxation you'll probably get some mild confusion and temporary forgetfulness if you're on a high dose. They're good mostly for keeping your anxiety down, and improving your sleep, I'd say their usefulness is more psychiatric than recreational.

I did a bit of acid when I was 17[i think]but I haven`t done anything since some idiot spiked me with mushrooms when I was 18 and it put me off.

Personally I found Psychedelics a very powerful and profound experience, but I reckon I was too young and they might have fucked me up a bit.

I don`t think they should be taken lightly or used to just have a laugh etc, but I reckon if you use them at the right time and place and with the right info and intentions they could be very beneficial.

I`ve grown and smoked some Salvia, but I`ve just had small doses/mild effects. Interesting though and physically weird, like you`re being pulled and stretched or something and pretty calming, but also a bit unpredictable[due to the state of mind you`re in]. Good for introspection though, I reckon.

Even though I`m too shit scared to do anything strong again, I`m still really fascinated by Psychedelics. Music/sound is a pretty good replacement though.

Edited by Mindphaser

some idiot spiked me with mushrooms when I was 18 and it put me off.

how'd'you get spiked with mushrooms?

I don`t think they should be taken lightly or used to just have a laugh

why not?