IGNORED

!!!! Read before starting a new thread !!!!

Squee

There's a paid addon now that requires a user to have at least a certain number of posts before being able to post - I'm not sure if that will solve the contribution issue, but it might be worth trying.

A tiny script that prevents people from making a new topic in the YLC before they've made 10 posts in other YLC threads would be rad.

I'd really like to know why this is nearly impossible to understand for some people.

1. It's a sticky. You can't miss it. It's right there at the top!

2. The OP is pretty clear in its message.

3. Thread titles very clearly tells you to read this thread, before making a new thread.

4. IT'S RIGHT THERE AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE!!!

So what the shit's the deal? Do people just go "hurr, whatever" or do they really not see it? It seems to be happening every single day on here.

Sure, but a lot of the people who come in here and start a thread without doing what the OP says, are new members. It's not like they even know the thread is there in the first place, and therefore just glances over it. There's no way some of these people can miss it.

What Joyrex suggested on the last page (A post limit so that new members won't be able to post in here right after joining) is a great idea, but I doubt it'll change a whole lot. Also, don't forget the people who have been redirected to this thread multiple times and continues to ignore what it actually tells them to do... ENJOY =)

Excuse me if this is considered whining.

Edited by Friendly Foil

Devil's advocate - I listen to a lottttt of tracks I find myself hardpressed to come up with a good comment for. No glaring technical issues, not boring or "wrong" in any obvious way, but at the same time not particularly exciting or unique. A perfectly mediocre track. And I try to avoid going "yeah man it's a'ight, not my thing" or "reminds me of *genre artist*" all the time

That said, in the run of a day I'll still come across at least a few tracks on here or on SC that grab my attention positively or negatively

Devil's advocate - I listen to a lottttt of tracks I find myself hardpressed to come up with a good comment for. No glaring technical issues, not boring or "wrong" in any obvious way, but at the same time not particularly exciting or unique. A perfectly mediocre track. And I try to avoid going "yeah man it's a'ight, not my thing" or "reminds me of *genre artist*" all the time

That said, in the run of a day I'll still come across at least a few tracks on here or on SC that grab my attention positively or negatively

To be fair, it's not like you post new tracks every day. Or week for that matter. I think what you just described is what most people do, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Friendly Foil

I feel like maybe a normal forum isn't perfectly suited for this sort of thing. Mumu works pretty well, but that's chat. I really like the idea though; I think that what we might really need is for the community to make an effort if we want it to work. You can make as many rules as you want and it still won't work if people don't try at all. And if people are into making an effort, rules aren't as necessary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mainly the ones where the posters barely have any posts at all, not even just in YLC. There are probably others from people that have many posts but have not actually commented on other tracks, but that's harder to check for.

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/77925-my-fingers-are-all-thumbs/

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/77936-coloscopescapade/

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/77941-hiv-hunk-celestial-suck/

I technically don't know about this one, but it seems highly suspect:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/77831-hubaa-free-download/

Considering that I waste a lot of time on here every day, and if you want me to, I would gladly help you keep track of this stuff. Send some links your way and stuff.

That would be awesome because the next 4 weeks I'll be knee deep in my master thesis and work. Thanks, man!

Seems like we've had too many people lately who'd join WATMM and post their stuff right after joining - completely overlooking this thread in the process.

Are they interested in getting integrated into the community, or are they just thinking "Hey, I make electronic music. Maybe this group of electronic music fans will listen to it!"

Can you block people from posting topics in this subforum until they have a certain number of posts?

We've been talking about things like that, but there's no reason to take things to the extreme. For now, people just need to remember that you have to give some to get some, and they don't then their threads will be closed.

Can you block people from posting topics in this subforum until they have a certain number of posts?

We've been talking about things like that, but there's no reason to take things to the extreme. For now, people just need to remember that you have to give some to get some, and they don't then their threads will be closed.

Well my thinking is that many people come here and go "oh cool I can post my stuff" before they really understand, to some degree, the ins and outs of the forum. If they have to get to like 30-100 posts, they'll more likely understand how things tend to go, especially since this place attracts people who like music but aren't really forum-goers.

• 4 months later...