IGNORED

Champions League 2012-2013

chenGOD

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mirezzi

I was thinking the same thing. If I were wearing those kits, I don't honestly think I could give my best effort either.

Messi and Xavi were both dreadful...

Very much a well deserved win for Milan and I have hard time imagining a scenario where they don't get through. Barca need a 3-0 at Camp Nou. I'm not seeing it. Even 3-1 is hard to imagine and Milan would still go through.

Guest Ron Manager

Not sure there's a Europa League thread, but before anyone gets going about the English sides, can I get a lol for Napoli losing 5-0 on aggregate to Viktoria Plzen from the Czech Republic?

lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ron Manager

had my hair cut today in Bonn and the hairdresser was convinced Bayern or Dortmund were going to win the CL. he might just be right.

oh boy lol. (red card for nani)

Real Madrid are being suffocated by United, i dont think having a one man advantage will change that (could be wrong)

If United lose this tie we'll know what Alex Ferguson will blame it on.

Guest Gary C

Strange from Mourinho. The red card changed the game completely, but Real weren't poor.The game was boring, but I wouldn't say United had clearly out-played Real.

Varane looks like he's going to be the best defender since ever.

Guest Mirezzi

Yes he does. He was stupidly good in the El Classico a few months back...

Also, I feel bad for the ref, not an easy call to make in the moment. Studs up, clumsy, in real time it looked horrific. Only on replay does Nani appear to withdraw the leg at the last second.

If it's on the ground and he's studs up with the tackle, it's supposed to be straight red. If he's airborne and studs up into another player, surely the same?

Dunno what the laws say here.

Guest Mirezzi

Roy Keane:

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1364341/roy-keane:-man-united%27s-nani-deserved-red-card-against-real-madrid?cc=5901

"The referee has made the right call," Keane told ITV Sport. "It's dangerous play, it's a red card. He knows there are other footballers on the pitch and to be fair to the referee, he took a few minutes, spoke to his assistant and decided it was a red card.

"I don't think the referee made the decision because he waited a couple of minutes while one of the players was getting treatment and I think it was the assistant that made the call. Whatever people are getting upset about it, but I think he made the right call.

"Any time I got sent off in my career, I always thought did I give the referee a chance to send me off? If the answer is yes, then it is out of your hands. Everyone is upset about it and United are slightly unlucky to go out, but it's dangerous play. Whether he meant it or not is irrelevant. It was dangerous play, red card.

"Whether the referee was brave or not, it was the right decision. Let's not forget that Nani is quick to go down, he is not always the bravest boy."

Guest Ron Manager

so ferguson is butt-hurt because one of his players was (possibly) unfairly dismissed and it altered the course of the match.

kompany.jpg

sucks, don't it?

happens to all of us. am i the only one who just really cannot wait for fergie to retire?

Guest Ron Manager

also, having been watching the Bundesliga for the last month, i've been alerted to just how much harsher refs are abroad. obviously what gets dubbed the 'physicality' of the British game is well-known, and i'm sure most of you will be saying 'no shit', but i never noticed quite how softly red cards are regularly given out, at least here in Germany. if that had been an English ref last night, it probably would have just been a yellow, if that. European referees are obviously all supposed to be on the same page, but the fact is they're just not. i think United have paid the price for not adjusting their game for European competition.

forgive me if this is a 'captain obvious' statement, but i've just been genuinely surprised recently at how easy cards are dished out in Germany. Fergie was almost right, when, responding to criticism of Kagawa a couple weeks ago (prior to his hat trick against Norwich), he said he was struggling to adapt because tackling isn't allowed in the Bundesliga.

"Independent of the decision, the best team lost. We didn't deserve to win." - Mourinho to ITV

Mourinho winning Man Utd - best team lost

Mourinho winning not his potential workplace, his current team's playing shit - DICKS EAT 'EM

Archived