IGNORED

Grischa Lichtenberger - And IV (Inertia)

Redruth

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also think he's the best one at raster-noton. Last year's Semantica release shows that his music can evolve naturally.

Funny thing: when i bought FLACs from label's bandcamp, some were actually larger than WAV e.g. 1600-1700 kbps, the technology couldn't compress it.

raster-noton's impeccable continuity, not trying to appeal to every dimension of the ever changing 'scene' but instead simply continuing to do what it does best. i think this grischa throws a bit of smoothed gravel at the right moment to add texture. good show! i'm drooling heavily for this. hoping for another mauling, similar to the ripping on~treibgut's razor sharp teeth

• 3 weeks later...

I also think he's the best one at raster-noton. Last year's Semantica release shows that his music can evolve naturally.

Funny thing: when i bought FLACs from label's bandcamp, some were actually larger than WAV e.g. 1600-1700 kbps, the technology couldn't compress it.

They might be 24bit flacs - I seem to remember the same thing happening when encoding the Oversteps WAVS a while back

They might be 24bit flacs - I seem to remember the same thing happening when encoding the Oversteps WAVS a while back

I guess you're right, today i encoded WAVs of new album and despite same type of sound it was compressed better.

My first impression of this album is that it's pure gold.

http://youtu.be/KlYAguLIEhU

It sounds well nice - Kinda has the vibe of live Autechre tracks

At least it's not overpriced.

Oh wait, that's exactly what it is. Thanks Raster Noton.

You can get it on the 'Kat for a touch cheaper in a week or two (and no doubt other places) - http://boomkat.com/cds/568959-grischa-lichtenberger-and-iv-inertia

I'll probably just pick up the digital download from there which should be available on Monday.

I guess you're right, today i encoded WAVs of new album and despite same type of sound it was compressed better.

My first impression of this album is that it's pure gold.

http://youtu.be/KlYAguLIEhU

Great track!

This album is fucking ridiculous. Good to see how much he's grown since Treibgut. Machine funk is definitely the term to use, though I don't think it's comparable to ae. Grischa's carved out a sound of his own.

Machine funk is definitely the term to use, though I don't think it's comparable to ae. Grischa's carved out a sound of his own.

When I mentioned Ae I was thinking more of their live performances eg -

I find it boring...After 2nd listening i realized there's nothing underneath excellently designed ear/mind-fuckery. That Raster-Noton will never learn how to release modern exp. el. music for human beings...(ATOM tm excluded.) Yes, it can be done! C'mon Ae, hurry...!

Archived