IGNORED

Plaid - Scintilli, 1 year on...

Guest sirch

Yeah I should really revisit Spokes. From what I remember it sounded very abstract and not as upfront as previous releases.

yeah, right on. i also think/agree it s a very dynamic album. very pleasant indeed.

btw: is it in the notion of being a cunt person/reviewer to rate the first albums of any known good artist/band high and then rate whatever they produce later, be it richer or better, whatever,, lower??? i mean it really pisses me off that most of my fav artists are rated/treated like that on these sites, allmusic and such! i think the reviewers there are just losers who think doing so is cooler and safer... they give NFT a 4, double figure also a 4, to Greedy Baby a lousy 2,5, i mean are they joking? if NFT is 4, DF must be 5 and GB also 4, at least.... grrr.

if NFT is 4, let me rate the others, RPC: 4, DF: 5, Spokes: 4,5, GB: a f'in 5!!! yes it has less tracks than an average album holds but what it carries is pure gold!, Scintilli: a 5 again. even 5.5....

I really hate this attitude. Like all those people who say King Crimson's best album was 'In the Court...'; just sounds like an insult to the band.

Guest Chesney

You should. Spokes is the only album (I feel) that is a complete listener. I mean, the album is perfect from start to finish and hold the vibe throughout whereas others have slightly weaker areas. However, it's not instant, you have to give your head time to familiarise the layers and intricacies.

Yeah I should really revisit Spokes. From what I remember it sounded very abstract and not as upfront as previous releases.

yeah, right on. i also think/agree it s a very dynamic album. very pleasant indeed.

btw: is it in the notion of being a cunt person/reviewer to rate the first albums of any known good artist/band high and then rate whatever they produce later, be it richer or better, whatever,, lower??? i mean it really pisses me off that most of my fav artists are rated/treated like that on these sites, allmusic and such! i think the reviewers there are just losers who think doing so is cooler and safer... they give NFT a 4, double figure also a 4, to Greedy Baby a lousy 2,5, i mean are they joking? if NFT is 4, DF must be 5 and GB also 4, at least.... grrr.

if NFT is 4, let me rate the others, RPC: 4, DF: 5, Spokes: 4,5, GB: a f'in 5!!! yes it has less tracks than an average album holds but what it carries is pure gold!, Scintilli: a 5 again. even 5.5....

I really hate this attitude. Like all those people who say King Crimson's best album was 'In the Court...'; just sounds like an insult to the band.

how am i insulting Plaid by rating their albums, idiot?

Zole, calm downI was agreeing with your first point about reviewers finding it cool to rate earlier albums higher than later ones. I thought that would have been obvious?

• 1 month later...

It's a solid IDM album, one of the best i've heard, but I found the bass way too distracting across the board, it took away from the snare-tom interplay that makes Plaid's drums so enjoyable.

• 1 year later...
Guest s0nspark

I've found it to be the only Plaid album I've sat through and enjoyed the whole way through. The others are good, but I can't listen to them all at once.

Oh man, I totally missed Scintilli when ti came out... Reachy Prints got me back into Plaid again and eventually that lead me to check out what I'd missed since Spokes. Wow... lately Scintilli has overshadowed Reachy Prints for me... it is my go to "all day on repeat" work music at the moment -- great stuff!! :)

Scintilli is my example of why you should never trust anyone's opinion more than your own. If I had, I would have never have listened to this and found it to be one of my favourite albums of all time. Listen for yourself and make up your own damn minds!

I suppose people just wanted Plaid to do Scoobs of Columbia or Bjork duets forever. So glad Plaid didn't.

Archived