IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

My local offie (in Sheffield had these in stock, along with 6-bottle cardboard holders!)

Brooklyn+Lager.jpg

brooklyn-east-india-pale-ale.jpg

Brooklyn-BCS-1.jpg

brooklyn+brown+ale.gif

I'm not the biggest fan of the Brown Ale but I absolutely love the Pale Ale. I've not had the Chocolate Stout before and at over 10% it was like drinking syrup. V. tasty though!

stoya.jpg

tastes like ATM

if so, i bet it tastes like french vanilla ice cream

i tweeted her about it.

edit: the brooklyn brewing co stuff is lovely.

Edited by kaini

stoya.jpg

tastes like ATM

i tweeted her about it.

Indeed, the lager is quite common up here (know two places with it on tap) but the other brews aren't very common. A nice surprise to find, I really enjoyed them when in NYC earlier this year. Lovely stuff.

My local offie (in Sheffield had these in stock, along with 6-bottle cardboard holders!)

Brooklyn+Lager.jpg

Brooklyn-BCS-1.jpg

brooklyn+brown+ale.gif

I'm not the biggest fan of the Brown Ale but I absolutely love the Pale Ale. I've not had the Chocolate Stout before and at over 10% it was like drinking syrup. V. tasty though!

they have Brooklyn across the pond? awesome! glad you hear you love the pale ale as much as I do.

Got turned onto this by a coworker the other day... it's delicious, Tallgrass also has an Oatmeal Stout called Buffalo Sweat that's pretty tasty

Tallgrass Oasis

54063.jpg

also bought myself a bomber of this stuff, really never been let down by a Stone brew

image_thumb%25255B1%25255D.png

Edited by ghOsty

Brooklyn+Lager.jpg

Brooklyn-BCS-1.jpg

brooklyn+brown+ale.gif

I don't suppose anyone knows if they have any affiliation with a "Brooklyn Pub/Bar" in Greenwich Village, NY? It was a fantastic bar with a huge selection of bottled and draught beers. It's just that logo rings a bell.

I will 100% be going back there anyhow when I'm next in NY.

youngs-double-chocolate-stout.jpg

My housemate works in a Young's pub so I'm there quite a lot. Don't really rate this one though. I generally just drink the bitter, which clocks in at a cool 3.7%. I'm into weaker beer these days when I drink beer, which isn't that often. I'm more of a whiskey/spirits drinker, which let you get arseholed without getting bloated.

7bUZw.jpg

jamaican dragon stout.

HCG8x.jpg

sri lankan sinha stout. (just look at that fucking label).

both pretty great dark beers.

That Sinha stout is great, had that in Sri Lanka - a lot!

stoya.jpg

tastes like ATM

i tweeted her about it.

It costs 5 quid for 4 cans. Its not the nectar of any god. I regularly drink it though.

stone-imperial-russian.jpg

southern%20tier%20pumking.jpg

Rogue_mocha.jpg

Excellent!

I enjoyed one of these yesterday:

bridgeport-hop-czar.jpg

And my other Pacific Northwest IPA recommendation would be this:

de_418_lg.jpg

(Don't know why this pic has it in a pilsner glass though)

Edit: The Stone is one of the best Russian Imperial Stouts I've had. And Pumking tastes like delicious, drunk pumpkin bread all the way!!

I'm quite keen on the Fentiman's drinks myself, although they're pretty expensive. I especially like the rose lemonade which goes down a treat with a ton of gin, and they do a cherry cola which is pretty tasty too.

Edited by Iain C

Got turned onto this by a coworker the other day... it's delicious, Tallgrass also has an Oatmeal Stout called Buffalo Sweat that's pretty tasty

Tallgrass Oasis

54063.jpg

FUCK YEAH! KANSAS! Buffalo Sweat is my favorite Oatmeal Stout. Oasis is very nice, also check out their 8-bit Pale Ale, it's awesome. We always go to their local firkin events and last Monday they had a new West Coast style IPA called Area 51, very nice floral/citrusy IPA. Hopefully they'll start distributing it, but the normal rep lady wasn't there so I couldn't get any insider info.

TallgrassBrewing_8BitPaleAle.jpg