IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

The problem is that there is no chance of players crossing paths, it's simply not in the code. Why couldn't he simply say "no, that is not a feature in this game" instead of beating around the bush about how big the universe is, practically challenging players to beat the odds. That's even ignoring him saying "yes" to the question whether you can play with friends. It's only true in the sense that your friends can be physically in the room while you're playing your game. 

I understand your frustration. At this point in time there are 0 multiplayer universe sandbox games where you actually feel like you're discovering new places in a universe inhabited by other people. Now that 'feeling' is diminished because you can't actually see anyone.

Well, it makes sense why it wasn't implemented, you weren't expected to ever find anyone. It's insane that people 'found' each other in the first day. That said it's probably because of where/how you spawn. Somehow I doubt people could just run into each other first day by literal chance.

I don't think it's a big deal. There might have been initial plans to  implement it, and then it was decided there was no reason for it.  Truth is, for a game like this to really work, you'd need a team of 200+ people so they could make this game as thorough as possible.

Edited by Brisbot

I heard they were set back a lot from a flood that damaged tons of data, they probably slaved day and night to deliver a remotely complete version in time.

Edited by chim

I understand your frustration. At this point in time there are 0 multiplayer universe sandbox games where you actually feel like you're discovering new places in a universe inhabited by other people. Now that 'feeling' is diminished because you can't actually see anyone.

Isn't that what Elite Dangerous is meant to be (not actually played it myself). Not got anything to play No Man's Sky on but I have played Norman's Sky:

(https://nothke.itch.io/normans-sky)

Could be a good thing - The 4.5 release will cause the 4 to plummet in price, and if you're not gonna be 4K TVing it, or VRing it you'll be fine :)

Well, their VR stuff should work on the PS4 and I like the fact that the headset is fairly cheap compared to the Vive and what have we. I bet it'll be a nice gateway into VR.

Yeah it'll work, just that was one of the main causes for the .5 oomph - to ensure everything runs smoothly in the higher resolution leading to less nausea with the frame rate/lag discrepancies

Could be a good thing - The 4.5 release will cause the 4 to plummet in price, and if you're not gonna be 4K TVing it, or VRing it you'll be fine :)

and then I might finally be able to play Bloodborne, Sony, you cunts.

and then I might finally be able to play Bloodborne, Sony, you cunts.

It's so good. So very good. And it'll still be good whenever you do get to play it, don't worry.

So rumor has it that Sony will announce the PS4.5 next month.

Problem is I REALLY want to buy a PS4 now. God damnit.

Wait for the 4.5... see what it has to offer.

Right - unless the 4.5 offers more than just 4K and smoother frame rates...

yeah. i mean... the girls got bikinis. but honestly, who cares?

DOA levels of fanservice, innit

Right - unless the 4.5 offers more than just 4K and smoother frame rates...

Obviously they're gonna be a bit restricted with making sure all things on the 4.5 are back compatible with the 4 and vice versa (which is apparently meant to be the case)

Interested in Mormon's Sky but will wait for it to work / go on sale before adventuring out there. Would be amazing if they did what Rockstar are doing and continually roll out updates that flesh out the universe.

Higher quality than all Sonic games, innit :dadjoke:

Corrected

I pre-ordered NMS back in March and it took me about 20 minutes to download from start to finish, since it was only about 2.6 G. But I'm wondering if I should hold of trying it until it gets smoothed out and updated more. I just hope it doesn't end up being a waste of money, because it's gotten largely mixed reviews so far.

In the meantime, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Chernobyl mod for CoP has been pretty immersive so far. But I often have to run back and forth to the same mechanic across maps just to get my armor repaired when I have enough rubles.