IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

That's weird. Nintendo have been doing such a great job in keeping up with the competition. Releasing a machine like the Wii U at the time they did. How could it possibly go this wrong?

Why Nintendo, why?!

Edited by Friendly Foil

Auch...

Nintendo Reports a Loss of $457 Million, 3DS and Wii U Both Fall Short

Granted, 270 million of that was R&D, and that's an operating loss - their net loss was 229 million. Still, get your shit together, Nintendo.

Ahh they're doing fine - was interested to see their share index since 1990 and -

BnBtEMcIcAEcg4O.png

So it only looks comparatively bad compared to that massive peak in about 2007, they're currently on a par on when the N64 launched - and Nintendo certainly didn't die then ....

Guest jasondonervan

Nintendo needs money... so this happened:

ib1UDVMb5R9Qwc.jpg

ibeAiQ1T3NS63f.jpg

JUST THROW POKEMON AT THE PROBLEM!

ib1UDVMb5R9Qwc.jpg

ibeAiQ1T3NS63f.jpg

Yeah, except if they wanted to save the Wii U, they need to put one of these Pokemon games on it, and not the 3DS.

I just hope these use the X/Y game engine (they spent a lot of time redoing all the 3D models for the Pokemon in X&Y, so the game assets are mostly there)...

Nintendo also announced a mobile app so people can watch Mario Kart matches on mobile. Whooopeee...

They also said they were going to develop "new hardware" for markets like China... yeah, let's fracture your base even more, AND piss off your supporters at the same time by offering hardware some won't be able to get! Next they'll be offering games only for those regions... further pissing off their loyal customers.

Guest couch

I am playing hotline miami. Mostly because I really dig the music on it. It's a bad ass game.

ib1UDVMb5R9Qwc.jpg

ibeAiQ1T3NS63f.jpg

Yeah, except if they wanted to save the Wii U, they need to put one of these Pokemon games on it, and not the 3DS.

I just hope these use the X/Y game engine (they spent a lot of time redoing all the 3D models for the Pokemon in X&Y, so the game assets are mostly there)...

Nintendo also announced a mobile app so people can watch Mario Kart matches on mobile. Whooopeee...

They also said they were going to develop "new hardware" for markets like China... yeah, let's fracture your base even more, AND piss off your supporters at the same time by offering hardware some won't be able to get! Next they'll be offering games only for those regions... further pissing off their loyal customers.

Hello, there's a shit ton of Nintendo games that never get localized outside japan. Wondering if they'll have time to cram in Pokemon Z before November.

Also, Denpa Men 3 has waaay too much Animal Crossing, you got your chocolate in my peanut butter!

ib1UDVMb5R9Qwc.jpg

ibeAiQ1T3NS63f.jpg

Hello, there's a shit ton of Nintendo games that never get localized outside japan. Wondering if they'll have time to cram in Pokemon Z before November.

Also, Denpa Men 3 has waaay too much Animal Crossing, you got your chocolate in my peanut butter!

That's a bit different, IMO - some titles are clearly geared towards Japanese culture, and just wouldn't work in a non-Japanese context. I've understood that for decades now, since the time I used to import Mega Drive games from Japan to play on my modded Sega Genesis console back in the late 80's/early 90's.

I bet Pokemon Z will be a Spring release (if it happens at all) - by then people should be done playing the Ruby/Sapphire remakes. That, or Y2/X2 (Y2 or X2? Might be a cool sequel idea)

They also dropped the bomb they are doing their own IP version of NFC figures (Skylanders, Disney Infinity) that will be compatible with both Wii U games and 3DS next year. Plan on this being their major focus around E3.

Not sure how I feel about post-Wii Nintendo anymore. Like I said they were great "back in the day", but they make so many god damn Mario and Kirby games and it just seems like the same turd in a different bag whenever they release something new.

I am playing hotline miami. Mostly because I really dig the music on it. It's a bad ass game.

I never did finish it, but I agree it's a pretty dope game in general. The Sun Araw trax are the best parts of the soundtrack, imbo

I've been playing Strife thru GZDoom, which I admire for being ahead of its time in some ways, but feel like I'm getting burnt out already. Vidya gaymez.

I'm in the minority, but I want another Mario game. I wouldn't mind a direct sequel to Super Mario 3D World, considering I loved the hell out of that game. I know that wouldn't solve Nintendo's Wii U problem, but I'd be happy that I had another brilliant game to play.

But really, I want them to announce some sort of blockbuster that would get people excited and make them start buying the thing. It seems to me that they're really confused and don't know what they should do with the system. I'm not the type who thinks they need to get out of the hardware business, not at all, but I feel like they should have thought about the Wii U more before they actually made the thing. It's a great system, but why would you release something with a controller that not even the developers have a use for? Even worse, why not put out some amazing games for it as soon as it is released?

I'll probably get Smash Brothers for the DS.

Are the Zelda games worth it?? They aren't that cheap so I don't want to buy unless I'm sure I'll love it.

Guest jasondonervan

I like the look of this... IDM as fuck:

"VizionEck is an abstract black & white first-person shooter where you play as a cube. The purpose behind the minimalist avatar and monochromatic geometric environments is that players are supposed to blend in with their surroundings. This becomes even easier as a player takes damage because their health is represented by how bold their outline is. A solid white outline means you're in tip-top shape, but a wounded soldier will be practically invisible."

Trippy optical illusion-based FPS VizionEck is coming to PS4

I'll probably get Smash Brothers for the DS.

Are the Zelda games worth it?? They aren't that cheap so I don't want to buy unless I'm sure I'll love it.

It depends on which Zelda games you mean. Ocarina of Time sure, although I think the art direction of the original was better than the 3DS remake. Link Between Worlds is also fun.

I'm actually excited for the Pokémon remakes, by the way! I loved Gen 3.

I actually like the toon Link DS games better than the 3D ones, the art style is much better for a portable, even if some of the dungeon backtracking can get tedious.

finished bioshock infinite. that was quite a ride. feel the need/urge to buy the rapture DLCs, so i suppose job well done to the irrational games team

Guest glasse

I really wish they'd release some more online shooters for Wii U. Instead they are taking some away (wii compatible) by turning off original wii wifi support. No more Goldeneye, wii CoDs, Conduit etc. at the end of the month. Can't get third party support? How about something like Metroid Prime Hunters?

Why they haven't made a new PROPER Mario game since Galaxy 2 is beyond me?

Supposedly that's what is up next. Whatever the next Mario game is, I don't want it to be another Galaxy game. Yes, Galaxy 1 and 2 were awesome, but how about a new idea? Everyone is calling for Galaxy 3, but I don't feel that it is necessary. 2 more than satisfied my desire for that series.

I would like something in the vein of Super Mario Sunshine, honestly. I don't mean Sunshine 2, but a huge 3D Mario game that encourages exploration and opening up new areas on an island or something like that. Well, I guess that's all 3D Marios, but you know what I'm saying. But I'm not picky. 3D World 2 would be fine with me.

Why they haven't made a new PROPER Mario game since Galaxy 2 is beyond me?

Supposedly that's what is up next. Whatever the next Mario game is, I don't want it to be another Galaxy game. Yes, Galaxy 1 and 2 were awesome, but how about a new idea? Everyone is calling for Galaxy 3, but I don't feel that it is necessary. 2 more than satisfied my desire for that series.

I would like something in the vein of Super Mario Sunshine, honestly. I don't mean Sunshine 2, but a huge 3D Mario game that encourages exploration and opening up new areas on an island or something like that. Well, I guess that's all 3D Marios, but you know what I'm saying. But I'm not picky. 3D World 2 would be fine with me.

Super Mario 3D world IS a proper follow up to Galaxy 2 - nay, a proper follow up to Super Mario World.