IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Binding of Isaac is alright so far but I really can't stand the pixel-like graphics. Nearly ruins the game.

I felt the same way until I put the filter on.

anyone played The Swapper? I heard a good review on a podcast.

I bought it but haven't played it yet. BOI:Rebirth is sucking up all my time.

anyone played The Swapper? I heard a good review on a podcast.

I bought it but haven't played it yet. BOI:Rebirth is sucking up all my time.

Haha, me too. I played the original for over a month straight putting over 100 hours into it.

The co-op is cool, but not what I thought it was going to be. The second player spawns a 'baby' by stealing a heart from the first player. And if they die, they can steal another heart to keep playing.

Woop, got my first Mom kill Isaac Rebirth

I like Rebirth a lot, it surpasses the original in my opinion. One thing I don't like is that I can't hold down the mouse button anymore to shoot :catcry:

oh and pressing "mute" only mutes the music and not the sfx, thats annoying too

Edited by triachus

I never played the original BoI but really enjoying Rebirth. Very addictive. Just one mom kill so far.

Triachus, pretty sure you can hold down the buttons to shoot, and you can control the music and sfx individually? At least, you can with control pad.

Edited by donk

Binding of Isaac is alright so far but I really can't stand the pixel-like graphics. Nearly ruins the game.

Oh there's an option for that?

HOPE

Don't hope for much - it makes it look worse, IMO - instead of semi-anti-aliased edges, you get even more semi anti-aliased edges. If you're gonna do pixel art, at least do it right (see: Rogue Legacy or Shovel Knight).

I prefer the pixelly edges too, although the thick lined art style isn't my cup of tea overall. Fun game though, and that's what counts. :catsalute:

Playing Luftrauser on the Vita and oh my word is it fun! Another PS Plus gem (despite the massive amount of complaining I see on the PSN blog every time they announce the games for the month).

Guest jasondonervan

Still knee-deep in Elite Dangerous, and it hasn't even come out of beta yet! Finally got me a Cobra Mk. III, no more flying round in the equivalent of a transit van for me... Some travel snaps from this evening's bizness:

iQwV2nk1fIrpM.jpg

ibvqXIEFzS09KZ.jpg

ibnMrExBCQvu6j.jpg

ilgKflJFz3HUA.jpg

ibzYImhOTaNtxJ.jpg

ibdv2mGz3Us7TA.jpg

iDoUi45xMDJ3G.jpg

Bought lords of the fallen and its completely broken. either crashes or bugs out to like 5 frames a second. no idea whats up with it. i need to try and get my money back off steam.

seems to work ok if i turn all the graphics down to the lowest settings, but with a gtx770 and an i7, that seems like bullshit. it only looks a third as pretty as assassins creed black flag, and i can run that on full settings.

Guest bitroast

HOPE

Don't hope for much - it makes it look worse, IMO - instead of semi-anti-aliased edges, you get even more semi anti-aliased edges. If you're gonna do pixel art, at least do it right (see: Rogue Legacy or Shovel Knight).

Gross! I hate the style in Rogue Legacy.

No care was put into it to keeping sprites a consistent ratio, images flipping around due to programming written into game mechanics (ie. When you get that 'flat' trait and turning left to right just flips the image.)

When pixels in the game are inconsistent sizes with one another then it sort of loses that true pixelart aesthetic. ...?

Theres nothing 'pixelart done right'-y about that game at all!! (heh i really dont like that game in general sorry sorry sorry)

HOPE

Gross! I hate the style in Rogue Legacy.

No care was put into it to keeping sprites a consistent ratio, images flipping around due to programming written into game mechanics (ie. When you get that 'flat' trait and turning left to right just flips the image.)

When pixels in the game are inconsistent sizes with one another then it sort of loses that true pixelart aesthetic. ...?

Theres nothing 'pixelart done right'-y about that game at all!! (heh i really dont like that game in general sorry sorry sorry)

You're right - I had forgotten about the main character sprite. The rest of the sprites are fine, though.

Finally beat Mom in BOI. Best moment of my day and you're the only people I can share that feeling with :flower:

In that case: Yay! Congrats, man! Keep up the good work! :beer:

Finally beat Mom in BOI. Best moment of my day and you're the only people I can share that feeling with :flower:

Me too, although I got really lucky with my upgrades.

I guess luck is a very important part of the game...I noticed that by keeping on playing I started unlocking new items and getting stronger. I had a nice set of items when I killed mom as well !!! (except those spider eyes that made me shot 4 tears at the same time but at a very slow rate...)

Congrats. I beat mom once and the game expanded to have more levels. I beat mom again and the game continued into a womb level and I died. Does this count as beating Mom? When I check my stats it says Mom Kills: 0. Did none of those kills count? (Yes I'm a noob.)

Me too, although I got really lucky with my upgrades.

That's most of the joy of playing a rogue-like. It's almost like gambling, with a bit of skill thrown in.

Congrats. I beat mom once and the game expanded to have more levels. I beat mom again and the game continued into a womb level and I died. Does this count as beating Mom? When I check my stats it says Mom Kills: 0. Did none of those kills count? (Yes I'm a noob.)

You have to kill Mom's heart to actually get it to count.

enjoying strider for ps4. feel like i'll clear it pretty soon. main thing that bugs me is the weird ambiguity of the foreground/background elements and how dark everything is. guess it saves tons of budget to just make everything black/grey.

Guest jasondonervan

@jase: you are making me want to play this.

Official release date confirmed: 16th Dec

Backers get a final 'Gamma' build 22nd Nov, can't wait.