IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I'm thinking about getting DA:I but I'm torn. I read many user reviews on Metacritic and I can honestly say I've never seen a fan base this split on opinions. People seem to either love it or hate it.

What do WATTM?

Guest bitroast

I'm thinking about getting DA:I but I'm torn. I read many user reviews on Metacritic and I can honestly say I've never seen a fan base this split on opinions. People seem to either love it or hate it.

What do WATTM?

This sort of tough decision making is fairly indicitive of the gameplay in dragon age at least : p your decision will carry over into your playthrough of DA:I of course!

DA:I is awesome on console. i think a lot of the hate comes from PC players because the controls in the PC port is utter shit apparently. unless you're using a gamepad.

What do WATTM?

Game is amazing. The bad user reviews are mostly angry PC users (surprise) complaining about lackluster keyboard and mouse controls. Just compare user reviews between PC and console versions and you'll see.

Been playing it on console for the last week and the only problem I've run into was the game locking up once, because I accidentally entered conversation with two NPCs at once (which is not meant to be possible), and a bard playing an invisible instrument. And this is after more than 30 hours of play.

wii u question:

right now i have the 1 hour auto shut off on. would it be bad to turn that off and leave the machine on all night say if i'm playing a game and i can't save....(i'm thinking windwaker)

I really need to put together a gaming rig. My Mac Mini is armed to the teeth with RAM, but the graphics card sucks so bad that Mark of the Ninja won't even run smoothly.

I would take advantage of more of the Steam sales if I wasn't so worried that they won't even work.

bought castlevania LOS: mirror of fate and LOS 2 on the steam sale. i really enjoy this reboot, despite the incompatibility w/ the canon stuff (alucard, belmonts in general etc). well-made fun to play games, with admittedly shitty puzzles... still good times.

Finally started Half Life 2 yesterday, I was stunned by the atmosphere, the sound design etc. and just learnt that it turned 10 years old like 2 weeks ago !

Kind of awesome. Never really played "recent" games but I think the graphics of HL2 are still really beautiful !

Is the japanese retail version of Biohazard HD completely import-friendly? I was tempted by importing it but I was afraid there would be a language barrier at some point.

The Japanese retail version of Biohazard only has Japanese as far as I know. I think there'd be a definite language barrier. I think there's a Chinese version that's coming out before the west that has both English and Chinese so that's definitely import-friendly.

Guest jasondonervan

Is the japanese retail version of Biohazard HD completely import-friendly? I was tempted by importing it but I was afraid there would be a language barrier at some point.

The Japanese retail version of Biohazard only has Japanese as far as I know. I think there'd be a definite language barrier. I think there's a Chinese version that's coming out before the west that has both English and Chinese so that's definitely import-friendly.

YOU KNOW NOTHING! :wink:

Here are the language options currently sat staring at me on my JP version:

B3x1WXPCAAAnP-W.jpg

So display language is Multi5 (English, French, Spanish, German or Italian), subs on or off, and voice in Japanese or English. I'm pretty damn pleased! :emotawesomepm9:

iioLAkRpSIna4.jpg

ibjyswhga89waL.jpg

ibiUsed3gC2CXN.jpg

iB1OikFLBo0ms.jpg

ibaMz60y9DIaJi.jpg

ierARmkOsBxFr.jpg

ibj6M8EPujUV1O.jpg

idnzV35MpctWw.jpg

ikak8NmVJyc7X.jpg

ifWhNs5UTTfGe.jpg

Godammit - I hate GTA with a passion, but these visuals are sooo impressive, it kinda makes me want to play.

wii u question:

right now i have the 1 hour auto shut off on. would it be bad to turn that off and leave the machine on all night say if i'm playing a game and i can't save....(i'm thinking windwaker)

Why wouldn't you be able to save? AFAICR, WWHD allows you to save anywhere, anytime.

Been playing a TON of games during the holiday break (well, a ton for me and my limited playtime):

Geometry Wars 3: Fun, hard and awesome! Music and visuals are really good.

Binding of Issac: Rebirth - finally "got" it, and can't stop doing runs to see what crazy shit I'll get

Rayman Legends: So amazing - visuals, sound, music, characters - honestly, the modern Raymans (Origins and Legends) are waaaay better than any Mario game (!) - more challenging, more fun, and way more creative (IMO).

I also finally picked up Last of Us: Remastered for 20 bucks, but won't start that until I block out a good chunk of time to play it properly...

Guest jasondonervan

Godammit - I hate GTA with a passion, but these visuals are sooo impressive, it kinda makes me want to play.

In the settings you can switch the game to a 'do not disturb' mode, which stops phone calls, missions kicking in, etc. so you're free to just go off and explore. I've spent far more time doing photography than playing it 'properly'.

Been playing a TON of games during the holiday break (well, a ton for me and my limited playtime):

Geometry Wars 3: Fun, hard and awesome! Music and visuals are really good.

Binding of Issac: Rebirth - finally "got" it, and can't stop doing runs to see what crazy shit I'll get

Rayman Legends: So amazing - visuals, sound, music, characters - honestly, the modern Raymans (Origins and Legends) are waaaay better than any Mario game (!) - more challenging, more fun, and way more creative (IMO).

I also finally picked up Last of Us: Remastered for 20 bucks, but won't start that until I block out a good chunk of time to play it properly...

yeah, boi finally clicked for me too over tsgiving weekend. was at about a -13 streak before beating the initial stages with azazel (holy shit his shooting sound is annoying). still haven't beaten mom's heart. spent what little time i had to play this weekend switching between boi, cod2k14 online, and starcraft 1 campaign (finished terran and started on zerg).

In the settings you can switch the game to a 'do not disturb' mode, which stops phone calls, missions kicking in, etc. so you're free to just go off and explore. I've spent far more time doing photography than playing it 'properly'.
GTA Snap 64