IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

New HD remaster of the original Biohazard/Resident Evil coming soon
[youtubehd]V0MHn5nfZ08[/youtubehd]

Honestly I don't know if this is gonna be promising or if it's gonna be a crock. Looks like maneuvering the player is gonna be like driving a golf cart again, but maybe it's in order to stay true to the original. Same applies to the goofy dialogue.

I'll wait til the user reviews come in for this one.

Edited by ambermonk

Just got The Lost. Is there some big reward for going through the whole game without being hit at all?

Well, as with every character, you get items for defeating bosses; not very good items imo, but not bad either. You also get a very good item for defeating the 6 main bosses on Hard (thus making The Lost the only character worth going past the Womb in hard mode)

Unless they've patched it since then, I read where the items you can get with The Lost don't unlock properly - I'm still busy getting all the other characters fully finished off (normal/hard), so hopefully this will be patched by the time I'm ready to start doing Lost runs.

New HD remaster of the original Biohazard/Resident Evil coming soon

[youtubehd]V0MHn5nfZ08[/youtubehd]

Honestly I don't know if this is gonna be promising or if it's gonna be a crock. Looks like maneuvering the player is gonna be like driving a golf cart again, but maybe it's in order to stay true to the original. Same applies to the goofy dialogue.

I'll wait til the user reviews come in for this one.

It's another HD remake of the GC version which was a remake of the PS1 version... I swear, Resident Evil is like the Final Fantasy of Capcom.

They ruined those games when they changed them from horror adventure/puzzle to action games. I'm not big on nostalgia but the formula for the early games was much better. If they combined that with the, in my opinion, improved mechanics that began with RE4 then they would have a quality game again.

while definitely not as impactful as playing re2 for the first time, i thoroughly playing through re5 in coop. still haven't touched re6 though. played the hd rerelease of re4 for ps3 last year. still a great game

Guest trananhhung

Finished metal gear rising on normal. Last boss was harder than the full dark souls 2. Jesus Christ. Nanomachines, son.

Playing South Park: Stick of Truth that I grabbed in the Steam sale. Funny damn game. Dreading the 27th. Pre-ordered Dying Light and GTA V for PC. May take a week off work. lol

Edited by gtbean

Over 100 Virtual Console & retail games now available @ Nintendo's online store. They're slowly making their way into the 21st Century.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/game-guide#filter/wii+u&3ds|-|-|-|-|descend|releaseDate|-|-|-|1|-|1/32/1

Nintendo is also doing a deal where if you register both the Wii U and 3DS versions of Super Smash Bros, you get an exclusive 2 CD Smash Bros soundtrack!

http://club2.nintendo.com/smash-promo/?eid=email_510750912_512241008_1e882d9b

prod-smashcd.jpg

Really enjoying walking round the spaceship in Alien Isolation and checking out what they've done with that place, nice authentic interior design, retro compters and tape players, that woodpecker, original Goldsmith music, (sadly game keeps crashing back to the desktop after level 1, really annoying, a few bugs to fix in the dir folder. Liked what i've seen so far though)

Picked up Bioshock 1-3 in the Steam sale a couple weeks back, so I'm currently ploughing through the first one.

Played it ages ago when it first came out on the PS3 but never got around to the other two, so I'm just recapping before I move on. It's still as good as I remember.

Guest bitroast

giving Starfox Adventures a second shot, fresh start from scratch.

few hours in and I feel quite confident this time round in writing this off as second rate garbage.

ok. below is a rant. didn't mean to go on a rant but found it hard explaining what I hated about this game without there always being more to elaborate on or something to add.

it feels like a straight up Zelda/Ocarina of time clone with little changes thrown in here and there (changes made either a. to keep it from not being too identical to Zelda or b. because they didn't know what they were doing or have the time to rip off whatever element from Zelda accurately or efficiently)

alright, GAMEPLAY.

the combat feels OOT-ish as fuck, complete with fox's dumb staff replacing the role of link's sword. the whole system feels shloppy. you can hardly strafe or jump around when locked onto an enemy target. you can't even lock onto an enemy come think of it, it just autolocks on when an enemy draws near, removing an element of interactivity from the game.

the combat itself is stripped down to simply pressing the attack button over and over again while fox jumps around attacking. there's zero regard for timing or strategy here, just keep hitting that button! sometimes you gotta use additional items but they're hardly worth mentioning because they never really give off a sense of being fun to use, it's just, cycle to this item. now press the a button again, press b to cancel, now you can continue hitting things with your staff. boring and shitty.

while there are even times when multiple enemies may circle you and take you on as a group, only one will actually take you on at a time with the rest standing around in a queue. the combat falls back down to that process of repeatedly hitting a in a non-strategic non-timed manner.

the other big component of the gameplay is the objectives and knowing what to do.

half the time i'm playing it I have no idea what to do. it's literally just a process of running around some small scale environment trying to find something to pick up or some correct direction to aimlessly wander in with very little guidance.

SOUND

I had resorted to playing with the sound off + listening to records because it's shitty second rate uninspired music + annoying talking samples was doing my head in.

by uninspired, I of course am referring to shit like ...

ocarina of time (1997) shop theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35M7xhA-oVo

star fox adventures (2002) shop theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYYwvLZVDz8

GRAPHICS

graphics are actually pretty sweet. I will use this opportunity though to suggest that anyone saying this game is actually good 'once you look past it not being a true starfox game' are fucking fooling themselves and probably talking entirely on a superficial level. the graphics do hold up and look pretty fantastic and tbh that's not even taking into consideration the game is now 10+ years old.

I wouldn't mind playing a Zelda clone ripoff so much provided it was fun to play or had something new to offer other than failing to recreate what the originals did so well (ie. okami is a pretty excellent example of Zelda clone but in comparison offers so much that's new and different from Zelda what with its combat and paintbrush mechanics)

who the fuck would ever give this an even remotely positive review? hired goons? furry enthusiasts?? probably just shallow losers who can't tell the difference between a nice looking videogame and a well designed fun to play videogame.

Edited by bitroast

Guest transmisiones ferox

I start to think my ps4 is going pretty shitty. What's with the memory storage thing? Each game had to be put on your memory. this is about 50 g, so if full memory is about 500g, this is about 10 games? And if I want to download a demo this is another 20 g? And this is now mandatory to have a playstation plus to play online? Or I didn't get it? Wtf is this shit? This is was never a thing with my ps3. And I just download The Swapper on my ps3 and on my ps4 and before start my ps3 asking to adjust my screen and ps4 just don't, so I have to play with half of my tv, that's almost embarrasing. The controller batter is shit, that's not big problem for me but still, people always hating on ps3 controller, but that controller had a much powerfull battery, the ps4 interface looks cheap comparing to ps3

I start to think my ps4 is going pretty shitty. What's with the memory storage thing? Each game had to be put on your memory. this is about 50 g, so if full memory is about 500g, this is about 10 games? And if I want to download a demo this is another 20 g? And this is now mandatory to have a playstation plus to play online? Or I didn't get it? Wtf is this shit?

Just swap the hd for a bigger one when it gets full. Did this with my ps3 (upped the 60gb to ~500gb) as I used it quite a bit as a PVR and filled it full of films and TV programmes.

I thought Starfox Adventures was alright, bitroast. It's basically a 3D Zelda game. I seem to remember it was created as it's own thing by Rare, and then Nintendo redesigned it as a Starfox game, or something like that. Sure, it's not the greatest game ever (the combat does gets boring) but I thought it was pretty solid when I played through it (though admittedly that was over a decade ago).

Oh I just read your attached rant. Ouch! A bit harsh IMO. Though I see there's no way I am not going to convince you!

It's another HD remake of the GC version which was a remake of the PS1 version... I swear, Resident Evil is like the Final Fantasy of Capcom.

RE1 might be my favorite game of all time. Loved the GC version. I actually can't wait for this. Cash in no doubt but would love to own a 1080p version :)

RE1 might be my favorite game of all time. Loved the GC version. I actually can't wait for this. Cash in no doubt but would love to own a 1080p version :)

You might want to read this: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-vs-resident-evil-on-ps4

Very interesting approach to this remake, for sure...

giving Starfox Adventures a second shot, fresh start from scratch.

few hours in and I feel quite confident this time round in writing this off as second rate garbage.

ok. below is a rant. didn't mean to go on a rant but found it hard explaining what I hated about this game without there always being more to elaborate on or something to add.

it feels like a straight up Zelda/Ocarina of time clone with little changes thrown in here and there (changes made either a. to keep it from not being too identical to Zelda or b. because they didn't know what they were doing or have the time to rip off whatever element from Zelda accurately or efficiently)

alright, GAMEPLAY.

the combat feels OOT-ish as fuck, complete with fox's dumb staff replacing the role of link's sword. the whole system feels shloppy. you can hardly strafe or jump around when locked onto an enemy target. you can't even lock onto an enemy come think of it, it just autolocks on when an enemy draws near, removing an element of interactivity from the game.

the combat itself is stripped down to simply pressing the attack button over and over again while fox jumps around attacking. there's zero regard for timing or strategy here, just keep hitting that button! sometimes you gotta use additional items but they're hardly worth mentioning because they never really give off a sense of being fun to use, it's just, cycle to this item. now press the a button again, press b to cancel, now you can continue hitting things with your staff. boring and shitty.

while there are even times when multiple enemies may circle you and take you on as a group, only one will actually take you on at a time with the rest standing around in a queue. the combat falls back down to that process of repeatedly hitting a in a non-strategic non-timed manner.

the other big component of the gameplay is the objectives and knowing what to do.

half the time i'm playing it I have no idea what to do. it's literally just a process of running around some small scale environment trying to find something to pick up or some correct direction to aimlessly wander in with very little guidance.

SOUND

I had resorted to playing with the sound off + listening to records because it's shitty second rate uninspired music + annoying talking samples was doing my head in.

by uninspired, I of course am referring to shit like ...

ocarina of time (1997) shop theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35M7xhA-oVo

star fox adventures (2002) shop theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYYwvLZVDz8

GRAPHICS

graphics are actually pretty sweet. I will use this opportunity though to suggest that anyone saying this game is actually good 'once you look past it not being a true starfox game' are fucking fooling themselves and probably talking entirely on a superficial level. the graphics do hold up and look pretty fantastic and tbh that's not even taking into consideration the game is now 10+ years old.

I wouldn't mind playing a Zelda clone ripoff so much provided it was fun to play or had something new to offer other than failing to recreate what the originals did so well (ie. okami is a pretty excellent example of Zelda clone but in comparison offers so much that's new and different from Zelda what with its combat and paintbrush mechanics)

who the fuck would ever give this an even remotely positive review? hired goons? furry enthusiasts?? probably just shallow losers who can't tell the difference between a nice looking videogame and a well designed fun to play videogame.

i really enjoyed okami for a while, but i thought i had gotten to the end of the game like 3 separate times. everytime i got to what i thought was the end boss, i killed it, and it broke up into 4 pieces, then 6, then 8. by the third or fourth time (probably around 30-40hrs) i was absolutely convinced it couldn't happen again... but it did. i never played it again (i did recently buy the hd vers to give another go though).

Guest bitroast

oh yeah, good point. okami is long and an endurance test of repetitiveness. i enjoyed playing it through because the story keeps trotting along as you play and i found the constantly changing sceneries pleasant enough (the visuals.. are so good.. in that game.. :) !!! )

but yes, it just goes for ever and doesn't seem to know when to end.

The Wii version of RE4 was my favorite, aiming was spot on. Absolutely NO chance of a Wii U remake though...

Not much chance of a Wii U post-2015... I think Zelda (Wii U) is the only big game they have coming? That's not to say the other 2015 Wii U releases (Starfox, Splatoon, Mario Maker) couldn't be breakaway hits, but still...

I know they announced a new Pikmin game would be coming, but surely that's 2016?

The "New" 3DS has Amiibo connectivity, right? Or are they planning on adding that on with an expansion module?

Guest bitroast

We're still missing that one big spiritual successor to Mario Galaxy and 64, right?

I may just have preferred 3D land + 3D world over the galaxy games..

Need to replay the galaxy games actually. It's been a while now and i'd like to have a fresher perspective.

Agreed tho that a big, full pledged 3d mario game is warranted. Mario is normally the flagship console title so maybe theyre holding out for the next system seeing as the wii u has its share of mario titles.

Edited by bitroast