IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Just begun Gunpoint, a stealth puzzle game which allow you to re-trigger levels (you can rewire the objects of the map between them to achieve your purposes). Original game mechanics + funny story telling = win !

EDIT : oh and by the way I saw videos of an upcoming DLC for the original Binding of Isaac, looks like they want the game to be harder, again :gamer:

Come at me, bro.

I'm still having trouble getting Meat Boy though. I've gotten three cubes using the Book of Revelations and then can't get the fourth because Mr. Fred spawns in Utero. SO FRUSTRATING :catnope:

Yeah it seems its pretty hard to get a full Meatboy, the book of revelations method is the most straighforward, but it still doesnt guarantee 4 cubes in a row

I gave up and tried a few strategies here ==> http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Cube_Of_Meat

Not sure if thats "cheating", but it's very hard to get it from just casually playing.

Grow Home is so cool, but it actuallly triggers my vertigo like fuck. ive only grown my plant a few times, but looking down, or stumbling at that height makes me queasy as fuck.

Yeah, BUD's shanky ass wobbling walk doesn't help when you're tottering above the Earth.

I played through Fract OSC over the weekend. Cool stuff, I imagine a few knob twiddlers will be interested in it

Yeah man, I thought that came was great, surprised there wasn't more talk about it here!

Been playing a lot of Counter-Strike: Source recently, and I have no idea why. Haven't played it regularly for around 8 years. It's crazy how the servers are still really populated, especially when you consider it came out in '04.

are they not just populated with bots? i couldnt find a single server that was human only.

In news that will probably shock no one, The Order: 1886 is getting roundly thrashed in reviews, confirming what everyone suspected the game's major flaws were to be...

I've been playing a lot of Guilty Gear Xrd Sign on PS4 - picked it up for 24.00 on a PSN one-day Flash Sale.

fuck sake, 429 hours on binding of isaac. im ready to say its the best game ive played in my 20's. goes in my top 3 games of all time, zelda ocarina/majora as a child, CSS as a teenager, binding of isaac now.

still got the lost to go but i dont even think im good enough. i can win ??? with a decent first floor most times now, but even then im guaranteed to get hit 6 or 7 times.

Edited by messiaen

i don't get why developers and publishers even bother with games like the order: 1886. are they really that out of touch? as soon as they released early info about that game it became apparent that it was gonna flop big time. how could they not see it? or don't they care at all?

i don't get why developers and publishers even bother with games like the order: 1886. are they really that out of touch? as soon as they released early info about that game it became apparent that it was gonna flop big time. how could they not see it? or don't they care at all?

I bet they made a tech demo, showed it to Sony and they were like, "fuck yeah, graphics'n'shit! Turn it into a game and we'll publish it. You have 2 years."

Fuckin' Goliaths in Borderlands 2. Just got to Thousand Cuts when I encountered two Caustic Goliaths and chucked a grenade at them. The explosion launched both their helmets straight up into the air like 50 feet, and then they just stood there vomiting on each other for a full minute, and I lost my shit. Fuck I wish I'd gotten a video recording of it.

In news that will probably shock no one, The Order: 1886 is getting roundly thrashed in reviews, confirming what everyone suspected the game's major flaws were to be...

I've been playing a lot of Guilty Gear Xrd Sign on PS4 - picked it up for 24.00 on a PSN one-day Flash Sale.

i toyed w/buying xrd but don't want to shell out for a new stick when there's absolutely no reason my old one shouldn't work other than greed. especially for a fg i won't take too seriously

Fuckin' Goliaths in Borderlands 2. Just got to Thousand Cuts when I encountered two Caustic Goliaths and chucked a grenade at them. The explosion launched both their helmets straight up into the air like 50 feet, and then they just stood there vomiting on each other for a full minute, and I lost my shit. Fuck I wish I'd gotten a video recording of it.

ripping 2 of their heads off in a busy bit and letting them become godliaths was pretty fun though. i got some pretty cool weapons that way

Played Garry's Mod for the first time tonight with some friends. I guess I'll need lots of time to really handle the sandbox mode but we tried some cool game mods - any suggestions on mods we should try perhaps WATUM :flower: ?

i toyed w/buying xrd but don't want to shell out for a new stick when there's absolutely no reason my old one shouldn't work other than greed. especially for a fg i won't take too seriously

Yeah, that's my only frustration with the game - playing on a DualShock 4 is no way to play a fighting game. Hopefully a driver update will allow all the MadCatz fightsticks to work with PS4 - the SkullGirls devs actually have a working driver...

Yeah, that's my only frustration with the game - playing on a DualShock 4 is no way to play a fighting game. Hopefully a driver update will allow all the MadCatz fightsticks to work with PS4 - the SkullGirls devs actually have a working driver...

yup and they're giving it away to developers so there's no legitimate excuse. but the fact remains that there's little incentive for developers to implement it when they'll be wanting to sell newer ggxrd, sf5, tk7 branded sticks ;\

tekken 7 has had a beta prelaunch this week in asian arcades w/full arcade release slated for mid march (18th i think?). it's mainly designed to test out the online functionality of the cabs as they're straight up not allowing local matches for the prerelease so people who are sitting side-by-side in an arcade absolutely cannot play against each other. while most matches have seemed to run just fine it has inevitably led to this:

they've also overhauled the throw mechanic to make throw breaking significantly easier compared to ttt2 (thank god). now all generic throws can be broken with either punch button instead of having to visually check the reaching hand to press the corresponding button. doesn't apply to command grabs though, you still have to visually check those but i think they've extended the window for breaking across the board

Edited by juiceciuj

Guest bitroast
Playing the new majora's mask 3d release on 3DS. this port seems even more polished and cleaned up then the ocarina of time port. a lot of tweaks and little things going on to improve the gameplay. the saving and fast travel is a lot more convenient now. the bombers notebook is also greatly improved, giving hints all over the place pushing you to explore certain directions or talk to different people. all of which was in the original game but sometimes it was a bit cryptic and you really did have to talk to everyone/someone at a specific time to figure something. the point out the obviousness of the new notebook does remove a bit of allure and mystery of the original but having already played the original and having spent months on it as a kid trying to 100% everything and really taking my time, i think i might prefer the simplified and friendly version of the game.

the graphics have a really nice polish to them as well. textures and colours all look alot sharper and some of the colours really jump out. one thing i really love is the slight modifications to the environment. replacing flat walls of trees with more detailed shrubbery and bushes and etc. the placement of walls. really minor things.. it looks a lot better...

this is a fantastic port man. perfect for anyone new to the game or familiar with the n64 version. the improved notebook and hints system really helps my foggy brain remember which direction to go sometimes. only played it for a day and already got bunny ears to help speed things up (this was always a priority for me as a kid when starting a new game.. impatient kid)

[youtubehd]FV-u5tvQC34[/youtubehd]

:D

So good!

hah

This is why I am careful with games that get promoted with a large emphasis on super fancy looking graphics... If there's a lot of time and money spent on the graphics, you can be sure there's less time and money spend on the rest. This game seems the ultimate and most shameless example of that.