IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

nemo opens in some trippy forest with huge mushrooms and you get to jump in all the animal's bodies and wear their skin like a suit for power. furthest i ever got was the train level i think. main thing i hated about it was the slow walk speed.

56092-Little_Nemo_-_The_Dream_Master_%28

my favorite weird capcom game has to be street fighter 2010 though. awesome music. awesome gameplay. nothing to do with the street fighter series

Guest bitroast

I have never played that game in my life ..

Musta kept seeing the title thinking it was that Other game (that i cant remember atm)

Only been playing 2 games

Dominions 4: Master of Magic on crack and somehow having even worse graphics. This game is one of the deepest games I've ever played which is contradictory because you control very little in the game. There are over 3000 units and a huge amount of races over 3 time periods and something like 600 spells to cast. The manual is also one of the best I've ever read and is a great resource guide to doing long-term planning. Second best game I've played but it is also one of the most daunting games to play.

Distant Worlds Universe: This is current my favourite game and one of the best i've ever played. Having said that it has tons of flaws and AI qwerks here and there and shitty graphics, but the actual game is one of the most ambitious things I've seen made. It's essentially a universe sandbox creator and you can control as much or as little (or nothing) as you want. The default settings make the game play out like a total war game but you can turn it into an RPG with character development, a choose-your-own-adventure game, a Sim City clone, a paradox game, a spy game, command and conquer clone, or just as a freighter. Again, the amount of detail is insane as you go from 2000 star galaxies to being able to set individual population policies, trade prices and individual components in ships with the ship designer. There is something like 60 resources to collect. Even though it can be totally overwhelming the A.I. does a really good job handling most aspects and can even be turned onto full automation so you can see a galaxy form, spawn life, and fight or become a federation.

New roommate has a 360 and Ninja Gaiden 2 so I started playing it again.

ninja-gaiden-2-20071029101113233.jpg

I forgot that this is pretty much the best 3rd person melee action game ever made.

I have a love/hate relationship with Ninja Gaiden 2. It was fun as hell when it wasn't being unfair as hell. The boss that explodes after you beat it, killing you if you aren't prepared? The werewolves who throw corpses and body parts of the guys you previously killed? The rocket launchers that can hit you from behind a mountain? Such unfairness! I'm surprised I actually beat the game because it pissed me off so much.

I beat Guacamelee the other day. That's the most fun I've had with a game in quite some time. I was even inclined to 100% it.... But I decided against it after I couldn't find all the areas in Pico de Gallo. I did find the majority of the secrets in the game and finished the Chac Mool challenges.

I'm now going back and trying to finally play through Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne. I've been sporadically playing that game since 2005 and have never finished it. It would have been best if I'd come back to it after finishing SMT IV, but I realized I was tired of SMT at that point and couldn't bear to play III.... But now I'm determined to finish this game... and then try Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 :o

Edited by flim

Guest bitroast

I feel like I shouldn't support those shitcunts, but there's no way on Earth I'm missing MGSV.

lol yep.

i'll be buying this 100%...

the moment konami release a new MGS without kojima involvement or even *pay homage* to the franchise by re-releasing old games or whatnot is when i stop buying the games. good thing those Hd remakes came out when kojima was still around :|

I feel like I shouldn't support those shitcunts, but there's no way on Earth I'm missing MGSV.

lol yep.

the moment konami release a new MGS without kojima involvement or even *pay homage* to the franchise by re-releasing old games or whatnot is when i stop buying the games. good thing those Hd remakes came out when kojima was still around :|

What if a potential MGS 6 was as good (or better) than previous entries?

It's happening with Star Wars... just because the main creator isn't involved anymore doesn't mean it couldn't be improved on or at least continue the quality and tradition.

lol yep.

It's happening with Star Wars... just because the main creator isn't involved anymore doesn't mean it couldn't be improved on or at least continue the quality and tradition.

i mean i get that you're just playing devil's advocate but we all know that they're simply going to release a bunch of cheap cash in games with microtransactions and probably botch a current gen rerelease of mgs4. "first time on xbox" yay!

Guest bitroast

lol yep.

Its possible but i dunno. Im not feeling overly enthusiastic..

I tried playing Twin Snakes on gamecube and found the lack of kojima disturbing. Maybe a pointless point to make but i do feel theres something to it when it comes to game design and having the right team behind the project as opposed to just handballing it off to someone else and relying on brand recognition for the game to do well.

Especially, .. ESPECIALLY so when it comes to MGS which is a game that strives on its unique crazy hilarious personality. Without the key person behind it.. Can mgs6 without kojima be possibly good?? It's possible.. But i am not counting on it.

I'd be more than delighted to just see the series come to an end and let everyone move on to new stuff as well :-/

Edited by bitroast

I don't think Konami are being outright dicks, these post explains the potential situation pretty nicely:

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/3d9kob/kojima_productions_name_drop_is_beneficial_to_mr

Also picked up Rocket League through PSN+, really great fun. Great example of easy to learn, difficult to master. A shame the netcode is so horrid, though.

yeah i couldn't get through like an hour of revengeance. tried twice. couldn't do it

I don't like MGS games, but I did buy Revengeance simply because the idea was cool and I really like Platinum.... But I couldn't get through it because it was, to me, very hard and still had a stealth element to it, which I'm not into at all. One day, I'm going to get back to it and I hope I like it...

the netcode seemed fine to me (as far as lag/latency). the interface is awful though (if that's what you meant). also, everyone in ranked seems like a billions times better than me and my friend though. of course i've only played it once...

the netcode seemed fine to me (as far as lag/latency). the interface is awful though (if that's what you meant). also, everyone in ranked seems like a billions times better than me and my friend though. of course i've only played it once...

Every few games or so is really laggy for me, the ball and the cars all jitter, and you lose momentum when the game forces you to stop for lag compensation. I also get thrown into random 4v4 or 2v2 games for... some reason, despite exclusively queuing for 3v3 ranked.

The interface is pretty bad though yeah. Isn't it technically "early release" though? Not 100% sure. Great fun anyway, I think it might need a bit more depth for more longevity though.

interesting... we didn't run into any of those issues. stayed queued for 2v2 ranked and that's all we got. i think we only won one of like 10 games online though :(

i think it's in full release now though since it's free on ps+. read lots of comments were people were like "yeah we played in the beta and it was awesome. stoked it's free on +. blah blah"

wonder if they'll be doing any updates

Guest bitroast

re: metal gear rising

i dont think i properly figured out the controls to that game.

managed to get to the dog boss at the start and kept dying no matter how hard i tried to parry.

watched a review a tad more recently that explained the controls better than the in-game tutorial ever did .. so ... the game is still sitting on my pile of games that need to be played at some point. bit too much action for what i'm in the mood for atm tho !!!

Edited by bitroast

interesting... we didn't run into any of those issues. stayed queued for 2v2 ranked and that's all we got. i think we only won one of like 10 games online though :(

i think it's in full release now though since it's free on ps+. read lots of comments were people were like "yeah we played in the beta and it was awesome. stoked it's free on +. blah blah"

wonder if they'll be doing any updates

ah fair, their MOTD on the main screen mentions something about being part of the future of the game or something, which implied to me that it was early access or something.

re: metal gear rising

i dont think i properly figured out the controls to that game.

managed to get to the dog boss at the start and kept dying no matter how hard i tried to parry.

watched a review a tad more recently that explained the controls better than the in-game tutorial ever did .. so ... the game is still sitting on my pile of games that need to be played at some point. bit too much action for what i'm in the mood for atm tho !!!

It took me a full hour to beat the dog, and I don't even know what I did to beat him other than make sure that I cut the grunts in the right places in order to get the health items. I quit after that.

Guest Enter a new display name

New roommate has a 360 and Ninja Gaiden 2 so I started playing it again.

ninja-gaiden-2-20071029101113233.jpg

I forgot that this is pretty much the best 3rd person melee action game ever made.

I have a love/hate relationship with Ninja Gaiden 2. It was fun as hell when it wasn't being unfair as hell. The boss that explodes after you beat it, killing you if you aren't prepared? The werewolves who throw corpses and body parts of the guys you previously killed? The rocket launchers that can hit you from behind a mountain? Such unfairness! I'm surprised I actually beat the game because it pissed me off so much.

THIS! The first game on the Xbox original is definitely one of my favorite action games. I really enjoyed the second game until I was forced into countless unfair situations. The life gauge and dismemberment systems were nice additions, but the frustrations due to the cheap difficulty outweighed those improvements overall. I was at a point where 3 huge mechas were simultaneously fighting me at the speed of light while a few soldiers were sniping me with their rocket launchers. Then I ragequit. lol.

lol yep.

The difference would be that Lucas passed on the reins willingly, whereas Kojima had them taken from him by force (yes, he was quitting anyway for the fiftieth time, but still...)

Perhaps the game could be just as good but with such a cloud over it, I'd refrain from giving money to such a practice. I'd wait for Kojima to do his own thing and send my money his way. Loyalty and shit.

Guest Enter a new display name

Prove me wrong if I am mistaken, but...

Do we even know any actual details about the dissolve between Hideo Kojima and Konami. Is there any proof Konami are the ones to blame? I have heard not-so-cool stories about Kojima as well. It's easy to choose your side when you compare a declining greedy company with an excellent game director.

THIS! The first game on the Xbox original is definitely one of my favorite action games. I really enjoyed the second game until I was forced into countless unfair situations. The life gauge and dismemberment systems were nice additions, but the frustrations due to the cheap difficulty outweighed those improvements overall. I was at a point where 3 huge mechas were simultaneously fighting me at the speed of light while a few soldiers were sniping me with their rocket launchers. Then I ragequit. lol.

The only complaint I really have is that the game engine & camera don't feel as polished as NG1/NGB. Ninja Gaiden Black on Xbox is definitely one of my all time favorite games but I think the changes to NG2 are significant improvements (even though the camera somehow managed to get worse). Yeah it's insanely difficult, butonce you know what you're doing everything is manageable... although that exploding boss is totally just a 'fuck you', but you can just do a quick dodge and not get hurt. I've beaten it on the 3rd difficulty ('Mentor' in NG2, 'Very Hard' in NG).

Also the game is so excessively juvenile in that particular Japanese way (with the cutscenes) I can't help but laugh at it. I can't think of a better word to describe the entire storyline than "retarded". It's almost as retarded as a Metal Gear Solid story.

Edited by autopilot