IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest bitroast

Here you go rubin

Super mario bros 3 / world

Dark souls (etc)

Zelda OOT (/whole series kind of blurs together tho as fav)

Shadow of the colossus/ico

Spelunky

Wipeout hd

Currently replaying red dead redemption. Pretty tempted to put this in list too. I dunno. Impossible to pick 5 games. Realy enjoying it. Playing mostly with map off and makes the game pretty immersive. Some missions ruin it with vague Go Talk To Bonnie for example objectives and its impossible to know what to do without staring at the map like a drone. So annoying. When i play with map on i cant stop quickly glancing at it for reference of where paths are, enemies, etc and man it makes playing the game feel like running on autopilot.

Oh yeah, Metal Gear Solid.

Castlevania 1/3/4/rondo/sotn/etc

Mega man 2/etc

Ughgh. Fuck lists..

Guest bitroast

Actually. Remove sotc. I dunno. I feel like the ico games are massively important in opening up my + big chunk of gaming industries eyes as to how beautiful games canbe. Really full on, impossible to understate kind of shit we're talking here. But holy cow i can hardly last an hour replaying it without mind drifting. Not enough variety to keep me invested on repeated playthroughs..

Journey

etc.

Edited by bitroast

Shenmue

Silent Hill 2

Jet Set Radio

Mass effect trilogy (yeah, I'm one of *those* guys)

Half Life 2

The Witcher 3 is also bound to end up here if I ever finish it. So good.

Edited by Gocab

don't apologize to anyone on this board, if they can't handle discussing a topic that is clearly labeled in the thread title, then they're fucking retarded and need to stfu.

Wtf? Why bring up apologizing out of nowhere? Who the fuck are you talking to? Hiding behind a badly set up general statement just to avoid adressing someone directly, LOL.

Well, since shameless namecalling is allowed now, especially after your insightful never apologize because free speech speech, lets go full Rubin Farr Maturity/Mentality.

:cisfor: You're clearly an even more retarded hipster than me and you need to stfu even more :cisfor: sorry this is reality, deal with it LOL

USA USA

*this bit of free speech reality was posted with Moderator Approvaltm*

Playing Dragon Age: Origins again at the moment. Is DAII any good?

If you're being serious... no. NO. Do not play it. If you haven't already. and if you like Origins, pick up the Awakening expansion instead.

What about Inquisition?

Guest bitroast

don't apologize to anyone on this board, if they can't handle discussing a topic that is clearly labeled in the thread title, then they're fucking retarded and need to stfu.

.. Hey?

Wtf? Why bring up apologizing out of nowhere? Who the fuck are you talking to? Hiding behind a badly set up general statement just to avoid adressing someone directly, LOL.

Well, since shameless namecalling is allowed now, especially after your insightful never apologize because free speech speech, lets go full Rubin Farr Maturity/Mentality.

:cisfor: You're clearly an even more retarded hipster than me and you need to stfu even more :cisfor: sorry this is reality, deal with it LOL

USA USA

*this bit of free speech reality was posted with Moderator Approvaltm*

Playing Dragon Age: Origins again at the moment. Is DAII any good?

If you're being serious... no. NO. Do not play it. If you haven't already. and if you like Origins, pick up the Awakening expansion instead.
What about Inquisition?
lol

Well I liked Inquisition a lot. A lot of people dislike it because of the huge amount of fetch quests, but really, 90% of them are optional to advance the story. While it's not as dumbed down as the second one it's still significantly simpler than DA:O and the story (if you care) is the same old. If you like exploration and building up your own character, with armor and weapons you build using materials you find, then you'll probably get some enjoyment out of it. There's like ten big hubs to explore and plenty of endgame bosses (dragons) to focus on.

tl;dr: It's no Skyrim but if you liked Origins you'll probably like Inquisition too. It's miles above II at least.

*prepares for eugene to give a speech*

Edited by Friendly Foil

it was just kind of boring i thought. the combat was awful, or at least what i experienced of it in the ten hours i could be bothered playing. and i love RPG's

it was just kind of boring i thought. the combat was awful, or at least what i experienced of it in the ten hours i could be bothered playing. and i love RPG's

Halfway agree... somewhat. The problem with the game's combat, the way I see it, is that it only really gets interesting halfway through when you've unlocked all the workbenches and a good array of skills. Until that point you spend way too much time holding down the attack button and waiting for your skills to recharge. On the other hand, the combat in Origins was a whole lot more stiff and slow, so I figured there was no reason to "warn" tri about it.

im really looking forward to getting the witcher 3 when it comes down a wee bit in price, or i have 50 quid spare for a game. that looks like rpg heaven.

The Secret of Monkey Island

Red Dead Redemption

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

GTAIV

Day of the Tentacle

It's surprising to see someone pick GTA IV. Despite a strong critical reception, the general post-hype consensus was pretty poor, and I have no idea why. I absolutely loved that game. Story-wise, it's by far the most immersive experience that a GTA title has to offer.

Good call on Red Dead too. In hindsight, Rockstar absolutely killed it last gen. LA Noire was another fantastic game.

Red Dead Redemption

GTAIV

Day of the Tentacle

It's surprising to see someone pick GTA IV. Despite a strong critical reception, the general post-hype consensus was pretty poor, and I have no idea why. I absolutely loved that game. Story-wise, it's by far the most immersive experience that a GTA title has to offer.

I loved GTA4, but the one thing that really, really bothered me was the game started to take itself way too seriously and became very dramatic and depressing. Like that ending, sheesh. And have you ever tried doing all the friends activities with all the characters, and exhaust all their dialogue? All of them start saying depressive shit, like that one guy who jst came out of jail keeps going on about how he has no friends and how lonely he is, and I just about had enough of it when Packie started saying stuff like "Things could have been different, I could have been an artist". Fucking hell, why so much serious, depressive shit. It's like they were forgetting GTA games are supposed to be satire and fun. I was so glad when The Ballad Of Gay Tony came along. Best DLC ever.

You can say what you want about the GTA5 story, I'm just very glad the makers took note and steered clear away from all that exhausting depressive stuff.

boring Friday, what are your top 5 favorite video games of all time?

tough one

final fantasy vii or ix

tekken tag tournament 2

metal gear solid

megaman (can't be bothered to pick one 'cause i honestly don't know which are which)

castlevania sotn

top ten would've been easier...

super mario 3

zelda wind waker

wip3out

mario party 3

resident evil 2

also wasn't sure if we were including pc games but if we were i'd probably have to drop one of those out for the ____craft rts games (either warcraft 3 or starcraft 1)

Guest bitroast

Red Dead Redemption

GTAIV

Day of the Tentacle

Good call on Red Dead too. In hindsight, Rockstar absolutely killed it last gen. LA Noire was another fantastic game.

i feel GTA IV is a bit of a flawed game but the missions in it are great and really pick up pace about half way through.

red dead redemption is fucking great from get go and really easy to sink into on 2nd playthrough :):)

Fuck it, I like making lists

1. Half-Life 2 + episodes

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. GTA: San Andreas

4. Mass Effect 1

5. Limbo

Honorable mention: Goldeneye, Unreal Tournament 99, Super Mario 64, Star Fox 64, Red Alert, Tony Hawk's Underground, Bioshock, Fallout 3... could go on really.

Not old enough to really be into 8-bit era, even though I played some good 8-bit games when I was really young. I didn't play a whole lot of good games on the PS2 and Sega Saturn (mostly because I was uninformed in those periods of some reason), so most of my favorite games are on the N64, Xbox 360 and a few PC games.

Edited by Npoess