IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Seems unimpressive at first. They also did a stylus, didn't Steve say he'd never do one?

Hint: Steve is dead.
The funniest write up I've read so far was like "it looks like for around $1,300 they've successfully recreated a pencil and a piece of paper"

[youtubehd]2sj2iQyBTQs[/youtubehd]

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/10/9300101/pokemon-go-nintendo-mobile-games

I'm gonna comment on this game, bc well I play a lot of Nintendo, but it seems to be using bluetooth, NFC, and geotagging in a novel way, at least for mobile games. So it's an app that runs on your smartphone, but also includes a new bluetooth receiver/transmitter of some kind. now, the trailer of course is a fantasy world where none of this will really happen as it shows, you'd have the Lazer Tag nightmare of the 80s combined with 24 hr/day internet activity and social media fueling the game, so imagine the tresspassing/breaking and entering, police calls could be a nightmare, especially in countries where travel is restricted, this is aimed at children who do not always understand that.
blah blah, the reason I care is bc Miyamoto was trotted out on stage, and they brilliantly are using the bluetooth thing as a badge of pride, everyone who wears one can identify others players who are in the game. genius. In other regions, especially Asia, adults have no problem whipping out a Pokemon game in public, but in the West it's different and the player base is much more spread out. It seems Nintendo and Google are taking smartphone titles seriously, although this doesn't involve the DENA partnership for mobile. If you've ever streetpassed someone, especailly while travelling, you know how cool it is to see them show up later in your plaza, and get that global sense of community. I already trade with people in other regions who have exclusive mons I don't have access to, and vice versa, so this could take off on smartphones.
Opinions? (besides pokermon is ghey) I can see integrating other wireless protocols into mobile games in the future, it's really gonna be up to anyone's guess what takes off and what doesn't a decade from now.

If you've ever played Ingress, Pokemon GO is done with development from Niantic Labs who were behind that, so similar GPS / augmented reality idea. I was an early beta player of Ingress and as you mentioned, trespassing and being in places you shouldn't *has* been a problem. We were asked, for example, to stop playing in the local Cathedral since some people were spotted in out of bounds areas. I also had one friend who got locked in museum grounds because he was staying late capturing some points! Generally though, players were respectful and often asked if it was alright to enter private land.

As for people playing out in public, Ingress was mostly played by nerdy middle aged white dudes, which may account for at least some order in how it was played in private or public property, and lack of embarassment whipping out your smartphone to nuke a city block's worth of capture points... Pokemon's wide appeal will definitely change that.

Also pokermon is ghey.

Never played an MGS game before but hearing so much about it and seeing a couple of minutes of it at a friend's place makes me want to buy it

Definitely worth a pop. The further I get, the more I feel it's the weakest in the series, but by no means bad. All the MGS games are solid (haha), really. If you have a PS3 lying around, do look into picking up the Legacy Collection.

exactly what i was worried about, some people will wander out intro traffic to play, and get killed. it's a disaster waiting to happen. cool idea in hypothetical, nightmare in reality. the first little kid to get killed will waste this game.

exactly what i was worried about, some people will wander out intro traffic to play, and get killed. it's a disaster waiting to happen. cool idea in hypothetical, nightmare in reality. the first little kid to get killed will waste this game.

Great! Use technology to start culling the herd before we have another generation of Pokemanchildren.

Great! Use technology to start culling the herd before we have another generation of Pokemanchildren.

the first quote i read on gameexplain was "kids will wander out into traffic" so true

yeah so i guess i'm not looking at any videogaming sites anymore since they're all intent on spoiling mgsv in gifs/images/headlines

sorry i don't have time to grind a 100hr game in a week :catrage:

Playing this today

2015-09-11.jpg

I was playing Rayman Legends, but I'm probably going to give it a rest now

Edited by flim

http://www.japantoday.com/category/crime/view/2-men-arrested-for-assaulting-12-year-old-girl-they-met-by-using-nintendo-3ds/

ha, nice. was there some crazy collectors edition that came with the hat and stuff?

No, Gamestop just had a poster and hat as freebies.

Took a break from MGSV to check out the patch 2.0 in Destiny before the Taken King launch, pretty nice.

They did a lot of aesthetic upgrades on multiple scales that really make the game look a lot better. From re-designing icons and menus to look more detailed, to remodeling a few NPC's. The biggest visual improvement is the improved lighting engine and resolutions, the lighting is even more realistic and particle effects are improved, also little details they added here and there all over that bring the maps to life a little more. The resolutions seem to be a bit improved as well everything looks a little crisper. Suppose this needed to be done, and will proabably continue to be done as they aim to lengthen the lifespan of the game. It's pretty impressive regardless.

New Crucible mode "Rift" is pretty chaotic fun, kind of like a capture the flag mode but with one central "flag" that each time fights for. "Mayhem Clash" is pretty col as well. The new light and leveling system seems a lot simpler, in a good way, and will allow more variation in guardian gear now that level isn't solely dependent on light. Nolan North voicing the ghost now will take a bit getting of getting used to, but so far seems like an improvement, he's generally a lot more expressive than the Dinklebot was.

Overall, with the last expansion and the imminent launch of TTK, Destiny's certainly improved a hell of a lot these days over the launch period era. There's a fuckton to do now, about to be more, and better systems in place. Looking forward to TTK.

Edited by ghOsty

Took a break from MGSV to check out the patch 2.0 in Destiny before the Taken King launch, pretty nice.

They did a lot of aesthetic upgrades on multiple scales that really make the game look a lot better. From re-designing icons and menus to look more detailed, to remodeling a few NPC's. The biggest visual improvement is the improved lighting engine and resolutions, the lighting is even more realistic and particle effects are improved, also little details they added here and there all over that bring the maps to life a little more. The resolutions seem to be a bit improved as well everything looks a little crisper. Suppose this needed to be done, and will proabably continue to be done as they aim to lengthen the lifespan of the game. It's pretty impressive regardless.

New Crucible mode "Rift" is pretty chaotic fun, kind of like a capture the flag mode but with one central "flag" that each time fights for. "Mayhem Clash" is pretty col as well. The new light and leveling system seems a lot simpler, in a good way, and will allow more variation in guardian gear now that level isn't solely dependent on light. Nolan North voicing the ghost now will take a bit getting of getting used to, but so far seems like an improvement, he's generally a lot more expressive than the Dinklebot was.

Overall, with the last expansion and the imminent launch of TTK, Destiny's certainly improved a hell of a lot these days over the launch period era. There's a fuckton to do now, about to be more, and better systems in place. Looking forward to TTK.

Agreed on all parts. The new levels are a little more complex and challenging as well (the crucible ones) I find. Enjoying it.

Guest Enter a new display name

Alright, just finished Ground Zeroes and now I'm pretty fucking excited for Phantom Pain (just bought it).

Now you'll see there are better games than those made by Rockstar.

ha, nice. was there some crazy collectors edition that came with the hat and stuff?

No, Gamestop just had a poster and hat as freebies.

the Super Mario Maker book is available here as a free PDF:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/amaj/booklet/SuperMarioMakerBooklet_sp.pdf

How nice. It's good to have if you bought a digital copy

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

Never played an MGS game before but hearing so much about it and seeing a couple of minutes of it at a friend's place makes me want to buy it

you won't regret it! just make sure to look up the general story of the series if you don't want to play the other games.

Are the controls still arse?

They were ok in Ground Zeroes. A tiny bit counter intuitive. You click three buttons to interrogate someone...

Edit: you need to HOLD IN three buttons to interrogate someone.

While I normally ignore anything Nintendo-related in this thread, this thing caught my attention:
m08888_newpackaging_1.jpg
Looks like it takes the original SNES cartridges. Kinda want one, but I don't have any of the cartridges. Will have to buy those first.