IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

also,FROM should revive the tenchu franchise next,with similar mechanics but with a stealth option

god i love tenchu. that and a new armored core. something besides just pumping out souls games

Dark Souls 3 will be the last Souls game, apparently (Though it's not clear what the plan is with Bloodborne). I think Hidetaka Miyazaki himself said he wanted to focus on "ninja" or "sci-fi" themes so we may see a revival of those brands, which would be great! I'd be much happier having someone like him being able to use his creativity as he wants instead of being chained to endless Souls sequels. Tenchu on modern hardware would be the shit.

I finally broke down and bought graph paper for The Witness, lol. I've read the 7 bonus puzzles are recommended to be written down or screen capped for later use.

I've been taking notes throughout, my memory is bad so it's pretty much a requirement (There are definitely a few non bonus puzzles you cannot solve without recording other puzzles unless you have a photographic memory).

*Still* stuck on the bloody challenge. I just suck so bad on the two puzzles after the maze, my mind cannot process that sort of layout quick enough. I want that damn plat trophy.

I finally broke down and bought graph paper for The Witness, lol. I've read the 7 bonus puzzles are recommended to be written down or screen capped for later use.

I've been taking notes throughout, my memory is bad so it's pretty much a requirement (There are definitely a few non bonus puzzles you cannot solve without recording other puzzles unless you have a photographic memory).

*Still* stuck on the bloody challenge. I just suck so bad on the two puzzles after the maze, my mind cannot process that sort of layout quick enough. I want that damn plat trophy.

http://kotaku.com/the-weird-things-people-do-while-playing-the-witness-1761144296

http://kotaku.com/the-weird-things-people-do-while-playing-the-witness-1761144296

I took a photo on my phone of a puzzle I was stuck on once, and solved it on the crapper. The most satisfying shit I've had in a while.

I considered cutting out paper for the Tetris pieces but I'm actually alright on those. The bar of soap on the mirror, though - desperation breeds inspiration :catghost:

Guest bitroast

also,FROM should revive the tenchu franchise next,with similar mechanics but with a stealth option

i get the feeling fromsoftware will be doing some more interesting shit (hopefully!) now that miyazaki is at the helms. he seems keen to steer focus away from the souls series and also seems aware of over saturating people with the same franchise.

bloody hell, keen for ds3...

also, i pretty sure i made some pretty negative dark souls 2 comments in the past, which came hot off me diving into dark souls 2 straight after playing dark souls 1 and bloodborne. i enjoyed the game but couldn't hack all the differences. the less crazy level design, the less immersive and soul crushingingly beautiful world. etc. etc. etc. it all seems liked a cheap and failed imitation of what made dark souls 1 great.

been replaying dark souls 2 with a fresher perspective. it's no dark souls 1, demons souls, bloodborne. but its still great !!! pretty much wrapping up the main chunk of the game now with the DLC areas (+ last chunk of game) left to explore.

Edited by bitroast

Nah all the way through it's pretty obvious what are the puzzles and what aren't (well until the end game with the bonus puzzles). And in this game even a partial solution is as much use as a completely unsolved one !

If it's a grid, if there's a circle and a dash for the start and end - it's a puzzle.

I hope they never release a HL3.

carygrant.gif

It'll never live up to our expectations. Ever.

Same can be said of any game now, cos gamers these days are hard to please. Even when Valve does release it, you'd still be under no obligation to buy it.

carygrant.gif

Same can be said of any game now, cos gamers these days are hard to please. Even when Valve does release it, you'd still be under no obligation to buy it.

What's worse, firmly believing that it won't live up to our expectations or being disappointed by the actual release ?

carygrant.gif

No, because HL3 has been on everyone's tongue since 2004 and people have now been waiting for 10-11 years for any kind of news. And all the expectations that have been boiling around in all our heads for all those years will never be fulfilled with no matter what Valve ends up releasing. I'm sure it'll be good, but I'd rather see them make something new and original like they did with Portal... And for some reason I'm quite hyped for a new Left 4 Dead...

...anyway, there's nothing wrong with a healthy amount of cynicism.

Looks like Pokemon Moon and Sun are our two next games in the franchise:

PokemonSunMoonLogos-610.jpg

Never played any pokemon game besides Pokemon gold but I'm always looking forward the names they found for their episodes - I'm like what will they do next time ? Well sun and moon are quite good names imo.

BTW which recent pokemon game should I pick ? I have a DS Lite and don't know anything about the last 4 or 5 pokemon games...

If you just have a DS, then I'd suggest Black/White 2, if you have 3DS, then yeah X/Y are great, and the Ruby/Sapphire remakes are more nostalgic if you ever played those back in the GBA days.

I can't believe they haven't done Pokemon Yin + Yang being a Japanese company for 20 years.

i dled x/y and didnt really care for the implementation of 3d environments in the overworld. i dunno. felt like lots of stuff was needlessly obscured or something. prefer the old school fixed overhead cam. not that it really matters. i don't think i have the patience to trudge through a pokemon game anymore. think i played a good bit of black/white when it first came out and that was the last one.

Resident Evil 4,5,6 being remastered for modern consoles. This really seems to be the generation of re-releases, at least in the West. Originality must be overrated as I've read in several articles recently.

I do want those Bioshock remasters though, shit I'm part of the problem LOL

carygrant.gif

No, because HL3 has been on everyone's tongue since 2004 and people have now been waiting for 10-11 years for any kind of news. And all the expectations that have been boiling around in all our heads for all those years will never be fulfilled with no matter what Valve ends up releasing. I'm sure it'll be good, but I'd rather see them make something new and original like they did with Portal... And for some reason I'm quite hyped for a new Left 4 Dead...

If I were Valve I'd release HL2 remastered.

carygrant.gif

If I were Valve I'd release HL2 remastered.

lol and then shut down Valve.

"This is what you asked for, no? Oh..."

Since Valve is in on the VR scene, I wouldn't be surprised if HL3 ends up being released as a major VR-centric title to promote the Vive. I can't think of anything that would generate more Vive sales than that...

Resident Evil 4,5,6 being remastered for modern consoles. This really seems to be the generation of re-releases, at least in the West. Originality must be overrated as I've read in several articles recently.

I do want those Bioshock remasters though, shit I'm part of the problem LOL

Resident Evil 4 has now been released on Gamecube, PS2, PC, Wii, iOS, Android, PS3, Xbox 360, and now soon XboxOne and PS4...

Christ... Good game, though.

Since Valve is in on the VR scene, I wouldn't be surprised if HL3 ends up being released as a major VR-centric title to promote the Vive. I can't think of anything that would generate more Vive sales than that...

Vive exclusive. You heard it here first.