IGNORED

A Minor Spiral

kichiguy

It's a shame they're only extracts rather than the full length loops as the quality is so much better than my recording (as I guess it would be being the track supplied directly from the composer !)

• 1 year later...
Guest teetime

I went to this thing this evening as I thought the queue would've died down considerably near closing time and luckily I only had to wait about 5 minutes before I was allowed in (the room had a capacity for about 20ish people and people were ushered in as others left). I snuck in my field recorder and stayed in for the entire duration of the loop (just under 15 minutes):

http://www.ilovecubus.co.uk/pete/squarepusher_-_a_minor_spiral.mp3

Apologies for the clipping on a few of the notes, but unfortunately I had the recording sensitivity on the wrong level. But hell, you're getting it for free, shut-up, what do you want - my blood ................ :cry:

(fun fact, apparently Squarepusher is well known for using a 14-tone scale in his tracks - or so says the woman queuing up behind me talking to her quite frankly depressing-just-to-witness-his-lack-of-interest-even-at-made-up-information boyfriend. Erm, yeah :huh: )

I am refreshing the topic for those who were not able to hear some of Toms finest work to date. Absolutely breathtaking!

I am refreshing the topic for those who were not able to hear some of Toms finest work to date. Absolutely breathtaking!

thanks for that, that's really beautiful. If someone knows music of the same vein (I guess in the classical music area) I'd be glad to take some recommendations.

I like it, beautiful stuff. Makes me wanna dig out Solo Electric Bass 1 again, I've barely listened to it since it came out. Speaking of...where's Solo Electric Bass 2???

P.S. Many thanks to mcbpete for the recording :)

Archived