IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, auxien said:

is this out yet?

We only have fake leaks and I’ve been listening to those for years now; they’re quite good 

On 7/18/2019 at 6:58 PM, BoomTssPhace said:

I forget how powerful bladelores is until i dive back in. Right from that first CHNK, i'm just gunna shit myself

))<>((

• 3 months later...

I’ve concluded that Bladelores is the best tune of not only this album, but probably the best I’ve heard from this entire decade. Or at least one of them. Autechre really hooked me in with this release.

Edited by President Squidward

=X

i know someone's (or a lot of someones) going to revoke my AE Fanclub Membership got saying this, but Bladelores has never really done it for me. I think it's one of the weakest tracks on EXAI.

=/

I still think EXAI is (and will probably always be) a top 3 album in my AE favorites list.... but.... <shrug>

maybe it's because I don't really click much with their first two albums.... and Bladelores seems to have the same kind of atmospheric feeling (again, just IMO, I'm sure many others feel very differently)... 

alright.... let the 'LET'S BASH HK FOR BEING A RIDICULOUS, PATHETIC, SMALL DICKED SOD!!!!' posting begin!!

=D

On 11/24/2019 at 8:05 AM, Hk47 said:

=X

i know someone's (or a lot of someones) going to revoke my AE Fanclub Membership got saying this, but Bladelores has never really done it for me. I think it's one of the weakest tracks on EXAI.

=/

I still think EXAI is (and will probably always be) a top 3 album in my AE favorites list.... but.... <shrug>

maybe it's because I don't really click much with their first two albums.... and Bladelores seems to have the same kind of atmospheric feeling (again, just IMO, I'm sure many others feel very differently)... 

alright.... let the 'LET'S BASH HK FOR BEING A RIDICULOUS, PATHETIC, SMALL DICKED SOD!!!!' posting begin!!

=D

I agree with what you wrote: I find exai perfect, it is impossible to establish a priority between the first and second disc, yet bladelores is the song that less won me over, and the thing is all the more strange if I take into consideration the fact that All End, which extends the final of bladelores for an hour, click for me more and more, listening by listening (where before I heard a drone, now I sense a series of repeated notes in a texture so dense as to create a single sound beam). Anyway, in my case is Irlite get (0) one of the highest points of the entire album.

Edited by Draft78
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Roo said:

My most special Exai tracks are definitely irlite (get 0), 1 1 is, nodezsh & spl9

yeah absolutly, these tracks all rule so hard, especially the last 2

also count me in the group that doesnt ´get´bladelores,  probably my most skipped on the album.  i like parts of it, and it hints at brilliance when the rubbery springy sounds reinforce the plodding beat, but then it just kind of fizzles out for the entire second half and overstays its welcome

3 hours ago, Roo said:

My most special Exai tracks are definitely irlite (get 0), 1 1 is, nodezsh & spl9.

yup, that the list. (actually gimme the whole run from node to spl including runrepik, latter is deffo somewhat underrepresented).

On 4/13/2013 at 7:20 PM, Mindphaser said:

I could listen to the last part of Bladelores for another 5 or 10 minutes, it`s almost Gas or Roach territory, a nice bit of head breathing space from the alien onslaught.

???

On 11/26/2019 at 10:42 AM, darreichungsform said:

1 1 is is the best Exai track and people who think bladelores is the best Exai track are the same kind of people that think tt1pd is the best NTS track (disgusting imo)

Once I get there, we’ll see if this is true. I’ll update you 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 2:56 AM, Draft78 said:

ok, but YJY UX is the sexyest

it is, hands down, the best autechre track ever released. no-one will ever make a track like YJY UX again, not even the bro boothers.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Listened again recently... album of the decade anyone?

edit: on the best of thing Flep and deco Loc are honourable mentions imo always catch me off guard :music:

Edited by MIXL2
  • Like 1