IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Guest the anonymous forumite

Best trip music for me since Music Is Rotted One Note (don't laugh)..

It seems that you and I could make good friends.

lol @ the rubber-ducky noises in runrepik. that PWANG at 3:11 at makes me laugh every time. also cloudline sounds like their fucked-up take on r+b, I quite like it. the most chilled Exai track.

I wonder if we'll get a truly 'experimental' or challenging album from them again?

:facepalm: another ill-conceived Ae opinion brought to you by Lianne, quelle surprise.

I love this album but think she has made a fair point. I mean wasnt 1 of them quoted as saying that Confield was like pop music compared to what they could have put out? Which sounds strange when you think esp the last 3 albums have been quite a bit more "pop" for want of a better a word (tho the quote sounds like the kinda shit people say for the sake of it in interviews so might just be bollocks, infact sounds like something afx would say!)

But yeah the last 3 albums seem more like they are having fun and just doing what they enjoy and it sounds wicked, But wonder if they will ever do another game changer type album when even the hardcore fans are like what the fuck is all this about! Do people even think such a thing is possible?

Anyhow they have pushed enough boundries in the past anyway and its not all about doing something really new and different and for the record I think Exai is going to be in my top Autechre albums & possible my fav, but stil early days to tell

I do believe in that quote, after all Gantz Graf was released straight after Confield, but that doesn't mean more methodically edgy stuff would sound more challenging. Do Hafler Trio collabs sound less pop, for example? I think so, though it's nothing groundbreaking because of its dull form. Actually if you want radical new ideas go listen to some Salvatore Sciarrino or Horatiu Radulescu (just to namedrop) stuff from when there was no Ae in project. Ae was always about pop (hip hop, electro, techno etc) sensibility.

I dont particuarly need radical new ideas just good music! but will have a listen to your suggestions out of interest and dont really like the hafler trio collabs, was just saying that Lianne had a fair point. but personally Eaxi is ticking all the boxes for me! fantastic album

Guest disoriental express

Exai seems to create 3d aural spaces so adeptly. It's a continuous cascade of moments that just make me shake my head in disbelief.

Somethin else i just realized is, the upfront, sparse sound of deco Loc provides a nice contrast for when recks on pulls you back into the seething depths with that sauna-like hypnagogic-grafitti slum vibe.

Pronunciation, do you folks pronounce jatevee c like jat-a-vee-see or jate(like gate)-vee-see?

jat-a-vee-see for me

and always in an Indian accent, by a guy with a great mustache, socks and sandals!

>

Jatevee C. :mellow:

autechreexaijateveec.jpg

will never unsee it

fucking lol, exactly!!

Guest Roksen Creek

those who don't like bladelores clearly haven't listened to it while looking at this:

tumblr_mh3cr2neTd1rhj4ggo1_1280.png

I hope this is included on the inner sleeve of the LP

Gave the mp3 version a go in front of my computer but I can't really sink in it yet, I guess I'll just have to wait for the CD to come out and blast it in my stereo. First impressions are quite good anyway !