fair enough, it's been a few years since I saw it. I guess you are a harder task master.

recently watched:

MV5BMTMyNjYxNjkxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDQ5

Oh man, this was so awesomely awful.

Rutger Hauer is Harley Stone, a non-rule playing cop who doesn't play by the rules. He's on the trail of a killer who may not be human. The killer offed his partner a year ago and now he's running on nothing but 'anxiety, coffee and chocolate' trying to track said killer down in a dystopian London in the futuristic year of 2008.

My favorite bit was the second scene where two 'detectives' do an awkward as fuck exposition scene. Explaining all the back story like a couple of 5th year drama students rehearsing a play.

from 10:20

http://youtu.be/_LsrYqmV90Y

Split Second! Not content with wearing Galliano on Blade Runner he then goes Vivienne Westwood in the future. Looks to imhabit the same London of the future as Paul Anderson's Shopping. Interestingly they got the spectacles bang on.

Such a cool alien, such a shit film.

Cool shades tho

I couldn't make it past ~45 minutes of Transformers: Age of Extinction. It was just terrible.

Amazing you could make it to 45minutes. I salute you for your courage & sacrifice in the face of unstoppable evil.

Guest bitroast

Looper - 2/5 stars

Got half an hour in before I had to switch it off. Could only take so much of Joseph Gorden-Levitt doing a scrunched up smug Bruce Willis impersonation with weird looking eyebrows. Giving it 2 stars because the Star Trek TNG episode I put on instead was actually much more enjoyable and put in a bit of effort in integrating plausible sci-fi concepts into the story.

LooperJGL.jpg

I couldn't make it past ~45 minutes of Transformers: Age of Extinction. It was just terrible.

Amazing you could make it to 45minutes. I salute you for your courage & sacrifice in the face of unstoppable evil.

i made it to the dinarsaur (2.5 hrs in) and realized there was still 3 hrs left so i walked out of the theatre

Edited by juiceciuj

Looper - 2/5 stars

Got half an hour in before I had to switch it off. Could only take so much of Joseph Gorden-Levitt doing a scrunched up smug Bruce Willis impersonation with weird looking eyebrows. Giving it 2 stars because the Star Trek TNG episode I put on instead was actually much more enjoyable and put in a bit of effort in integrating plausible sci-fi concepts into the story.

LooperJGL.jpg

you should give it another try. it's actually quite good.

Guest bitroast

Maybe.

(I think I've gone from losing interest in modern big budget hollywood movies to lost interest in modern big budget hollywood movies. I know that sounds pretentious.. but.. I try to enjoy these fun looking films, have something to zone out to and sink into .. but they're all so mind numbingly boring to me!) :(

Edited by bitroast

The rest of it got worse. I suffered through the whole thing. I should have known that after the awful third movie, it could still get worse. We all enjoy mindless movies at times, but this isn't even that...it's just a big void of nothing.

I didn't like Looper either, it was kind of silly tbh

On another note, I really want to watch this:

you kids watch primer?

it's a lot less "silly" and is pretty cool but most of the acting is atrocious

lord of the rings 1 extended edition - really great, besides the dated cgi (though not terribly so) and the often drawn out melodrama it held up great, i saw it maybe 3 times before and i definitely think i enjoyed it the most this time for some reason. really eager to see the other two tomorrow.

I rewatched all the extended editions not too long ago. Return of the King is kind of terrible, it just refuses to end. Too long.

Edited by Gocab

Edge Of Tomorrow - Tom Cruise Groundhog Day armored combats against aliens and was actually good. Like, well-written, well-acted, reasonably intelligent. All around a very enjoyable sci-fi action movie. Would watch again. Also the aliens were cool.

lucy - 6/7 out of 10. interesting idea, interesting enough to watch, but just not exactly that good.

i totally expected lucy to be 10x worse than it was. i always enjoy a movie loads more if i have low expectations for it.

I didn't like Looper either, it was kind of silly tbh

On another note, I really want to watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIYDNyEkJP4

I liked Looper more with more viewings. the first time in the cinema, it really didn't grab me. but Rian's a good filmmaker and I love the shit out of Brick, so I gave it a couple more chances and now I'm into it.

also I'm watching '71 first chance I get.

Dracula Untold - 7/10 pretty good re telling of Vlad, but went off the rails at the end.

just imdbed this because i generally like vampire flicks and saw that's it's pg-13.. a vampire movie without tits and gore? fuck off.

Edited by eugene

Hey guys, if you want to meet Aphex Twin's alter ego in 20th century's literature, go for the Salinger documentary on the life of J.D. Salinger, one of the most respected writers of his time who, once he got famous with his novel The catcher in the rye, completely disappeared from the public.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1596753/

I mean, couldn't Aphex have said precisely that?

"There is a marvelous peace in not publishing. It's peaceful. Still. Publishing is a terrible invasion of my privacy. I like to write. I love to write. But I write just for myself and my own pleasure."

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/books/98/09/13/specials/salinger-speaks.html