something nasty in a basket ay. I was watching some of Leprechaun the other day as i'd never seen that before, was a bit silly, but anyway.

Not a pivotal spoiler, just related to something fenton said.

that film had something nasty locked in a crate which is kind of like a basket

I quite enjoyed The Poughkeepsie Tapes. That shit was dark.

Obviously not as good as Basket Case. Wait until you get to 3 fenton, it's my personal favorite. Shit gets ridiculous(ly awesome).

I watched A Good Marriage the other day based on one of the four novellas in Stephen King's Full Dark, No Stars. Not great.

Just about to watch Big Driver, another novella from the same book.

I enjoyed it, but it was fully 100% amateur hence reflected in my review.

Interested to read it was pulled from theatre release after heavy advertising, and then pulled from dvd release, put on VOD then pulled from that.

Then they said they might release it again in theatres.

That was more interesting.

Well the poster shows what happens at the end of the film, so that spoils the whole, "will they make it out, please lord let them live, i want an affirmation to your grace, don't kill them i beg of you."

They should have gotten roland emmerich to direct it, he would have saved them.

Yeah but how many young boys would he fuck during production. He's a chicken hawk just like Bryan Singer & Kevin Spacey

Radio 1 Rescores Drive

Zero real human beans/10. I have no idea why this exists. First time I think I've ever laughed out loud while cringing at the same time

Seriously the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen... sums up BBC shoddiness perfectly.

Get Zane Lowe to replace a Cliff Martinez score with some Jon Hopkins tracks. lol

The Babadook freaked me out......really loved it. Minimal horror films with good acting and writing always impress me. The underlying meaning of the whole story really effected me. Don't think I have actually ever seen someone face their fears on film at this depth before. 8/10

Radio 1 Rescores Drive

Zero real human beans/10. I have no idea why this exists. First time I think I've ever laughed out loud while cringing at the same time

Seriously the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen... sums up BBC shoddiness perfectly.

Get Zane Lowe to replace a Cliff Martinez score with some Jon Hopkins tracks. lol

He ruined the opening sequence as well. You can't hear the radio, which is a key part of the scene.

edit:i mean, it's a trashy film who gives a fuck but it's funny Lowe missed basic elements of a really fucking simple movie

Edited by tauboo

Trick'r Treat - I am getting really sick of overt references in a movie to it being based on a comic book. The story should stand on its own. Anyway, it was pretty lukewarm. Kind of funny. Alright if you feel like watching something like big-budget 90s horror that isn't actually scary but feels like it's supposed to be. Might be a good thing to put on if you're in the mood for horror but are hanging out with people that don't really like horror.

Well the poster shows what happens at the end of the film, so that spoils the whole, "will they make it out, please lord let them live, i want an affirmation to your grace, don't kill them i beg of you."

Yeah but how many young boys would he fuck during production. He's a chicken hawk just like Bryan Singer & Kevin Spacey

A chickenhawk? Never heard that term before. Entered into the old memory banks that one, funny. Just found this Biggest Chickenhawk in Hollywood? NSFW http://www.datalounge.com/cgi-bin/iowa/ajax.html?t=10331318#page:showThread,10331318which might be even funnier.

As many twinks as it takes to get her done!!

Radio 1 Rescores Drive

The bbc really ain't what she used to be. seems to be run at every level by people with no depth (to put it kindly).

the hunt for red october - lol, what a stupid piece of shit. and it's sad that hollywood still hasn't healed itself from the idea that the epitome of tension is doing a countdown with quick edits to people's faces and then doing something daring in the last second.

a soviet officer fantasizing about montana, anthem singing...fuck me.

Edited by eugene

babadook

probably the best horror movie i've seen since the house of the devil. it just puts a smile on my face when a movie actually manages to creep me out without relying on jump scares at all, but from atmosphere alone. awesome.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) - Still one of my all time favorites. I could watch this over and over.

Night of the Living Dead (1990) - Dafuq did I just watch/10. The changes they made to the Barbara character were hilarious.

Upstream Color - 7/10 - had potential but edgy stylishness (like Primer) wasn't quite enough to compensate for the lacking a narrative to explain wtf is going on.

Tree of Life - 7.5 - a grand visual exercise which worked well within each separate story but not quite sure it worked together, the CGI dinosaurs looked shit.

The American Astronaut - 8.5/10 - enjoyable quirky film noir with musical elements. The silliness does away with any pretentiousness although it just kinda ends in a strange place.

Troll 2 - best worst cult b movie.

The Host - 8.5/10 - great monster movie, same director as Snow Piercer.

Enemies Closer - 6.5/10 - never pretends to be what it isn't and Van Damme is well worth a watch as a vegan psychopath.

The Battery 9/10 - decent original Zombie filk and a good comedy horror to boot. Best low budget indie flick I've seen in a while.

The Machine - 8.5/10 - decent budget British cyberpunk movie, very almost a classic.

Beyond the Black Rainbow - 10/10 - surreal super stylish collage homage to all the fave cult sci-fi which is as good as the sum of it's parts imho, fucking awesome soundtrack too. Best watched late at night.

Ok, I need to watch Babadook now.

Anyway, Nightcrawler - 9/10

I really liked this movie. Whoever said the soundtrack was shit is absolutely right, but it's still a great movie and I'm glad to see that it did so well at the box office

the hunt for red october - lol, what a stupid piece of shit. and it's sad that hollywood still hasn't healed itself from the idea that the epitome of tension is doing a countdown with quick edits to people's faces and then doing something daring in the last second.

Yes but it has a scotsman speaking russian! I love the way the film changes language to English, I remember Sean Connery kills a comrade then turns Scottish. Worth it for seeing Alec Baldwin trying to be James Bond.

After reading about chickenhawks, seems there is a whole trail of death and destruction in Hollywood from lust, drugs and abuse. Renfro and Phoenix the end of a very sordid line that was publicised with Polanski and Nicholson and teenage girls in the 70s.

Yes but it has a scotsman speaking russian! I love the way the film changes language to English, I remember Sean Connery kills a comrade then turns Scottish. Worth it for seeing Alec Baldwin trying to be James Bond.

haha, no it was actually slightly before he kills the kgb attache guy. it was a pretty ridiculous (though admittedly quite creative) scene as well: the camera zooms on the mouth of the kgb guy reading some biblical passage in broken russian and then when it's completely zoomed in the guy switches to reading the continuation of the passage in perfect english. it's as if the english speaking viewer got inside the russian mind of the officer and attained understanding of the language, and so from that moment on it sounds like regular english to him. too bad they didn't get along with completely and translated the anthem singing part into english as well.

Upstream Color - 7/10 - had potential but edgy stylishness (like Primer) wasn't quite enough to compensate for the lacking a narrative to explain wtf is going on.

Tree of Life - 7.5 - a grand visual exercise which worked well within each separate story but not quite sure it worked together, the CGI dinosaurs looked shit.

The American Astronaut - 8.5/10 - enjoyable quirky film noir with musical elements. The silliness does away with any pretentiousness although it just kinda ends in a strange place.

Troll 2 - best worst cult b movie.

The Host - 8.5/10 - great monster movie, same director as Snow Piercer.

Enemies Closer - 6.5/10 - never pretends to be what it isn't and Van Damme is well worth a watch as a vegan psychopath.

The Battery 9/10 - decent original Zombie filk and a good comedy horror to boot. Best low budget indie flick I've seen in a while.

The Machine - 8.5/10 - decent budget British cyberpunk movie, very almost a classic.

Beyond the Black Rainbow - 10/10 - surreal super stylish collage homage to all the fave cult sci-fi which is as good as the sum of it's parts imho, fucking awesome soundtrack too. Best watched late at night.

if you liked the host and snowpiercer you should def see mother. totally different narrative but same director and imho his best movie. 10/10

saw whiplash last nite. iunno... 6.5/10? it's a bit one note (huk). jk simmons is pretty great and there were a few times throughout the movie were i felt some genuine anxiety. my old lady was exhausted by the end of it. she gets engrossed much easier than me though. i just felt some of the themes were hammered to death. trailers spoil too many good moments in movies.

After reading about chickenhawks, seems there is a whole trail of death and destruction in Hollywood from lust, drugs and abuse. Renfro and Phoenix the end of a very sordid line that was publicised with Polanski and Nicholson and teenage girls in the 70s.

US just filed a new extradition request for Polanski in Poland

gCx64zJ.png

this was amazing. basically, an 80s documentary about cannon films (miramax of the 80s but with more cheese and less meatballs). since menahem golan died, there's supposed to be another documentary out on the same subject, this time without the cheese and more of the meatballs