other irritants:

- an elite utopian colony that everyone would kill to be on has no defense systems of its own

- an exploding spaceship makes tinkling glass sounds... in space

- brainhacking defenses only activate after someone has already downloaded your shit

- exosuit's control interface is on the back of the user's head, for easy access

- guy has a crater for a face but "his brain is fine", so he's still alive

- super-advanced tech systems that still use the Fixedsys font

- using the worst track Burial's ever written (imo whatever imo whatever)

- this chootiya

elysium-blu-ray-screenshot-0047508-I-824

still, I like it more than I dislike it right now.

Edited by usagi

Just watched "gone girl" after reading about half the book.

They did a decent job of turning it into a film. Affleck was very convincing as the dumb good looking mid-western guy.

Felt they could have gone into a little more depth over her rage of giving up shit to be "the cool girl".

Score was excellent - it was nice finally seeing the scenery to go with the music. Reznor/Ross draw a lot on Twin Peaks era Badalamenti fo this I feel - with some modern updates obviously.

Excited to see that Snowden doc already, and a Reznor/Ross score just adds to it.

You guys really think the acting in Gone Girl was good? I thoght it was a mix of weird and atrocious. Some of Affleck's acting reminded me of Mark Wahlberg's infamous "whaaaat? Nooo!"-scene from The Happening.

Guest bitroast

other irritants:

- an elite utopian colony that everyone would kill to be on has no defense systems of its own

- brainhacking defenses only activate after someone has already downloaded your shit

- exosuit's control interface is on the back of the user's head, for easy access

- this chootiya

oh man I found this film so bland and muddled. it had the sort of social commentary element of district 9 + action Hollywood movie sequences of... any other action Hollywood film but it seemed kind of ... stupid?

I dunno, I saw it at the cinema when it came out and remember enjoying it for the most part but by the end being completely bored and unimpressed.

I think my main gripe if I can remember correctly was the TONE.

it jumps around from being fun and action-y and lighthearted, with dumb over the top bad guys. but it's presented in such a boooring, serious, bland grainy manner that it never really feels fun.

so its like a fun film through the filter of serious and boring. and its confusing and boring. gahhh.

Edited by bitroast

You guys really think the acting in Gone Girl was good? I thoght it was a mix of weird and atrocious. Some of Affleck's acting reminded me of Mark Wahlberg's infamous "whaaaat? Nooo!"-scene from The Happening.

The acting is weird and atrocious... indeed

wtf is this film? I don't get it.

i do believe that gone girl, maps to the stars and boyhood are satires of the usa cinema, well at least they worked like that for me, that's why i enjoyed them. i remember in the first 30 minutes or so of gone girl having thinking exactly the same, always facepalming myself asking wtf is this shit, it was so much that it reached levels of surrealism so i told to myself, this is on purpose, and it all made a lot more sense after that.

edit: well, i bit like lynch...

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

I was talking about just this with a mate recently I completely agree with you. Can't wait to see what they'll make of Spectre! Some more finance and corruption for sure.

Yeah, I'm excited for sure. Sam Mendes is directing again (he directed Skyfall). Unfortunately Roger Deakins won't be returning as DP. He's one of the reasons Skyfall was so good, with those consistently brilliant shots throughout. For anyone who doesn't know, Deakins is the cinematographer for pretty much the entire Coen bros catalog as well as some classics like Shawshank Redemption. DPs are very much the unsung heroes of the world of film.

Yes he's amazing, the only reason I watched Skyfall.

other irritants:

- this chootiya

oh man I found this film so bland and muddled. it had the sort of social commentary element of district 9 + action Hollywood movie sequences of... any other action Hollywood film but it seemed kind of ... stupid?

I dunno, I saw it at the cinema when it came out and remember enjoying it for the most part but by the end being completely bored and unimpressed.

I think my main gripe if I can remember correctly was the TONE.

it jumps around from being fun and action-y and lighthearted, with dumb over the top bad guys. but it's presented in such a boooring, serious, bland grainy manner that it never really feels fun.

so its like a fun film through the filter of serious and boring. and its confusing and boring. gahhh.

Yeah this one didn't sit that well with me either though I think it was an honest effort. I preferred District 9 because of it's comedy and it was a little more outlandish/bizarre. Elysium bordered on preachy and seemed like an oversimplification. The characters, designs, and edginess were all there but the story was too contrived.

Just saw Dumb & Dumber To yesterday, being a great fan of the first movie I was afraid of being disappointed by the sequel but found it hilarious and well executed - as good as the first movie.

Guess every other spectators in the room hated me for laughing that hard tho

Just saw Dumb & Dumber To yesterday, being a great fan of the first movie I was afraid of being disappointed by the sequel but found it hilarious and well executed - as good as the first movie.

Guess every other spectators in the room hated me for laughing that hard tho

I found them to be abit over the top stupid. In the first film they were dumb but not that dumb. Still I enjoyed the movie glad they finally made it.

I found the Interview to be quite funny, way more lols than I expected judging from the trailers. In fact, a lot of the lame jokes in the trailers weren't even in the final edit.

The bits with Eminem & the fingers in the control room had me dyin.

I give it a 여진 out of 와 형태.

Enemy. weird. I didn't fully get it, but I liked it. Jake Gyllenhaal will forever be typecast in my mind as a manic/obsessive type.

A decent explanation

cheers, that was good. good fillum.

Dawgz, Enemy is 9.7/10.

Woah, do you per chance have a relative that pronounces it that way? My Czech/Hungarian grandpa would say "fillum" hehe

i do believe that gone girl, maps to the stars and boyhood are satires of the usa cinema, well at least they worked like that for me, that's why i enjoyed them. i remember in the first 30 minutes or so of gone girl having thinking exactly the same, always facepalming myself asking wtf is this shit, it was so much that it reached levels of surrealism so i told to myself, this is on purpose, and it all made a lot more sense after that.

edit: well, i bit like lynch...

that did cross my mind and there's a slight draw towards attempting it again. it did seem like a pisstake of early 90s hollywood

Reznor & Ross are establishing themselves as premium movie scorers.

Agreed. I want Reznor to switch to scoring soundtracks full time as his music output otherwise has been awful for well over a decade now.

apparently he just also scored Citizen Four, the documentary about Edward Snowden but for some reason his score for it got almost no press at all.

well that's obvious because it's not an original soundtrack (it's just ghosts) and also it's not a major director like fincher

anyway i agree with all of this

i can't stand him because he's not a natural comic, seems like a nice enough guy which would be ok for romantic comedies, but he's like not cute and shit, so that leaves us with a plethora of why the fuck is he in this fillums, and then you remember, "oh right", the slime mould wins again.