A field in England - 10/10

how come everyone on watmm seems to love this

hey it's not just us - martin scorsese loves it too

it reminded me of Aguirre

A field in England is great, don't think there's been a film as striking since. Definitely Wheatley's finest.

And yeah it does have a strange feel to it like Aguirre.

The Grey - 10/10

Holy crap was that a good film. Very misleading marketing... I thought it was going to be Liam Neeson fighting wolves for 2 hours and was expecting some disposable popcorn entertainment, but it ended up being a very sombre meditation on death & man's place in nature. One of my new favorite movies.

Exodus Gods and Kings 6.5/10

- hardly any emotion or empathy for protagonist Moses

- way too violent and bloody for a PG-13/12A - should have been at least a 15 but I suppose Ridley Scott has some influence in getting the certification he needs to make more $

- makes religion and the Christian concept of God even more ridiculous (so atheists will enjoy it for that reason) - some parts where God talks to Moses are laughable/childish

- probably one of the worst films Ridley Scott has directed - too much focus on special effects and not enough of an emotional grab. Script and dialogue quite mundane.

- baffling as to why Christian Bale saw potential in playing the role of Moses

Edited by Bread

The Grey - 10/10

Holy crap was that a good film. Very misleading marketing... I thought it was going to be Liam Neeson fighting wolves for 2 hours and was expecting some disposable popcorn entertainment, but it ended up being a very sombre meditation on death & man's place in nature. One of my new favorite movies.

the first third of the grey is really excellent. kinda trails especially towards the end. def enjoyed though.

The Grey - 10/10

the first third of the grey is really excellent. kinda trails especially towards the end. def enjoyed though.

It probably could have been a half hour shorter but I still really liked it.

The Imitation Game. good. some silly big-movie dramatisation but otherwise solid. everyone should know about Turing and his work. admittedly this movie won't give you the best idea of the actual science behind his contributions but for what it is, I recommend it. I especially like the fact that they didn't flinch from showing what Her Majesty's Services did to a man who helped end a war, save lives and contribute enormously towards civilisation.

Force Majeure/Turist - 9/10

Haha, holy crap...

how did you guys found about tis movie?

Are you asking how we found out about the movie?

yes i am asking how did you guys found out about this movie!

or maybe how did you guys found out about this movie!

cause lately i've been wathcing a lot of nordic movies and i haven't heard about this one...

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

Well, both Data and I live in Scandinavia so I guess we were bound to hear about it sooner or later.

By the way, don't watch the movie with your better half. It's gonna cause chaos. It almost did here.

Clouds Of Sils Maria - 7/10

Camp X-Ray - 7/10

The Raid 2 - 9/10 (This is how action/fight scenes should be, you can actually see whats going on, instead of fast cuts, shaky cam and sound effects...which is fucking lame)

Turner & Hooch - 6/10

Feeding Frenzy - Red Letter Media produced comedy tribute/parody of 80's rubber creature horror films. The film itself is in no way horror, and plays everything for laughs (despite having some pretty great practical gore effects). Utterly hilarious, especially if you're already a fan of things like Half In The Bag / Best of the Worst / Plinkett Reviews. Plinkett is the main villain of the film. The best parts for me were Jay as an air traffic controller with a weak heart.

The Cat Returns - Origin story of how Anne Hathaway became Catwoman. Cary Elwes, Andy Richter, & Tim Curry all are cats. 10/10, will watch again one day on mushrooms.