Saw a screening of the Room with a Tommy Wiseau Q&A. Definitely an experience I want to have again and again, preferably with alcohol next time. You would sort of feed off the energy from all the people yelling at the screen. There was constant laughing, yelling, singing, and spoon throwing. Really hard to explain, but it was almost like this communal feeling where everyone was in on the joke. this should be on everyone's bucket list.

The Q&A was kind of a joke, it was only 10 minutes and Tommy would basically give the shortest answer and say "next question." I did give him a high five while he walked down the isle

This is footage from a screening in 2013, it gives you a sense of the atmosphere in the theater

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16NuI9e_x-E

Edited by Danny O Flannagin

Boyhood

7/10

A little bit overrated I thought. I saw this mentioned everywhere in the press, and I'm a big fan of Richard Linklater.

The concept is an interesting one; following a boy over 12 years and you get to see him grow into a young man.

I just thought the boy actor wasn't that versatile. But maybe that's the point of the film; to demonstrate the reality of how people interact and behave around one another. Not all of us are versatile with our behaviours as we grow older (some of us still behave like we did when we were younger). I just expected a script that showed lots of changes in the boy's character as he grew up, to keep the film interesting, but that expectation wasn't satisfied. Doesn't mean the film is bad though. I did like the grittiness of it; the ups and downs of family life. Linklater captured that really well.

It's a decent watch but too long (almost 3 hours).

edit: Ethan Hawke's Dad character was really cool. Probably best acting in the film.

Edited by Bread

I often think when seeing people review acting - "but that's how people are in real life' - because in reality people don't act the fuck out of stuff like in theatre or high brow arty cinema [although everyone knows drama queens and epic bi polar weirdoes who find everything so fucking dramatic, most people behave like vin diesel or Keanu Reeves.

tl;dr shit actors are better

I often think when seeing people review acting - "but that's how people are in real life' - because in reality people don't act the fuck out of stuff like in theatre or high brow arty cinema [although everyone knows drama queens and epic bi polar weirdoes who find everything so fucking dramatic, most people behave like vin diesel or Keanu Reeves.

Vin Diesel and Keenu are the same overacted performers, well, maybe Keeny a bit less so. "High brow arty cinema" reviews just that, they generally try to keep it the most naturalistic way possible, even if it means more silence than real life.

Vin can punch his way out of a paper bag, but don't ask him to act his way out of it.

you should check out Find Me Guilty, weird that he ended up in a Sidney Lumet film, but he does a great job. Ultimately not Lumet's best film, but a pretty decent character focused courtroom drama.

Vin Diesel and Keenu are the same overacted performers, well, maybe Keeny a bit less so. "High brow arty cinema" reviews just that, they generally try to keep it the most naturalistic way possible, even if it means more silence than real life.

Complete bollocks. I live in real life and no-one acts like they're in a Lars von Trier casting. Seriously I don't know where reviewers live but I have never seen someone play this overblown overdone unrealistic shit, real life acting is underwhelming and anti-climatic don't try and tell me any different.

in real life most of the time people mumble at one another and don't even bother finishing their sentences, and repeat what they say every 20 mins, would make for shit cinema.

Complete bollocks. I live in real life and no-one acts like they're in a Lars von Trier casting. Seriously I don't know where reviewers live but I have never seen someone play this overblown overdone unrealistic shit, real life acting is underwhelming and anti-climatic don't try and tell me any different.

prove it

prove it

lol "i think therefore i exist"... btw is that Cartesius by Rossellini worth watching? it is so long i ran all life from it

in real life most of the time people mumble at one another and don't even bother finishing their sentences, and repeat what they say every 20 mins, would make for shit cinema.

Prove it.

Prove it.

If a movie about my real lyfe was made, it would actually be a pretty funny sitcom.

he did, but he was wearing this massively long white v-neck shirt and some guy was hassling him over twitter. it got weird

lol

Prove it.

I don't have to prove it, it should be obvious if you just open your ears and....

I Love You to Death - 10/10

Lawrence Kasdan's criminally underrated true life crime comedy. The cast is stellar, Kevin Kline, Tracy Ullman, River Phoenix, Keanu Reeves, Heather Graham, Victoria Jackson, William Hurt, even Phoebe Kates makes an appearance. Do yourself a flavor and rent it.

Lawrence Kasdan's criminally underrated true life crime comedy. The cast is stellar, Kevin Kline, Tracy Ullman, River Phoenix, Keanu Reeves, Heather Graham, Victoria Jackson, William Hurt, even Phoebe Kates makes an appearance. Do yourself a flavor and rent it.

And I mean RENT that shit, like, from an actual Blockbuster

Prove it.

If a movie about my real lyfe was made, it would actually be a pretty funny sitcom.

onesheet.jpg

And I mean RENT that shit, like, from an actual Blockbuster
Don't settle for anything less than VHS!