^ Man, I downloaded that years ago when a friend of mine gave the same summation as Gocab. Still haven't watched it.

The bit that stuck with him that he described to me was the doctor with the cigarette in his mouth ramming a feeding tube down a patient's throat while completely ignoring their struggles.

hateful_eight_300.jpg

went to watch this last night at the hollywood arclight dome. welp, this is very long. the first hour and half or so is just long drawn out conversations that seem to go nowhere (besides establish characters) then there is an intermission then things get going albeit they are still overly drawn out. basically, a bounty hunter and his prisoner meet a sheriff and another bounty hunter before heading to a mountain pass to escape a blizzard where they meet four other shady characters

before the movie turns into a kind of murder mystery

btw jennifer jason leigh kills it in this

7.5 surprise gun attacks out of 10

slightly better than django but not by much. the dialogue is the same where it's long winded and people are just going on and on to make the running time longer. it certainly felt like a vanity project

especially one part where tarantino is suddenly doing the narration

Edited by Nebraska

slightly better than django but not by much. the dialogue is the same where it's long winded and people are just going on and on to make the running time longer. it certainly felt like a vanity project

especially one part where tarantino is suddenly doing the narration

That's his trademark

Schpeilberg needs to do an all out space movie, he would kick ass. I mean he's been doing this for like 40 years, and all he does is either friendly little space turds, or big scary space turds. He backed out of Interstellar, maybe that was a good thing? C'mon Steve go ballz out crazy in space!

Schpeilberg needs to do an all out space movie, he would kick ass. I mean he's been doing this for like 40 years, and all he does is either friendly little space turds, or big scary space turds. He backed out of Interstellar, maybe that was a good thing? C'mon Steve go ballz out crazy in space!

I was just thinking earlier today that it pull be nice for him to develop fresh IP again. I dunno though, hollywood is just going though a bad couple of decades.

Persepolis: Great animation. Probably one of the best I've seen. 10/10

Have you seen Waltz With Bashir?

Similar/different, but completely harrowing

Nop, but I'll surely will! Thanks

Braveheart - sat with my Ma eating cake, watching every cliched jingoist bag of bollix ever, but its row scenes provide a variety of quite funny deaths for a selection of unfortunates lined up for the slaughter

dreadlocks have a barbarian retro-retro-futuristic presence & being drunk is promoted as essential to native British cultures yet again,

blueface/10

Cross of Iron - James Coburn is THE man in Peckinpah's strange wwii meditation, if thats what you could call it the way it floats some times through frames, loads of faces from the Wehrmacht's perspective as it all goes tits up,

proper 70's cinema/10

Guest bitroast

hateful_eight_300.jpg

really want to enjoy tarintino films but 3 hours + your description is not exactly selling it.

maybe for when at home and can pay attention in intervals.

3 hours is just ... a really .. long time .. for a movie.

I agree but also know there is a slightly shorter version that doesn't have the overture and intermission and (also) has either one or two scenes shortened. Not sure what that versions running time is though

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I agree but also know there is a slightly shorter version that doesn't have the overture and intermission and (also) has either one or two scenes shortened. Not sure what that versions running time is though

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Morricone said the violence is extreme. Is it over the top or just normal tarantino?

Cross of Iron - James Coburn is THE man in Peckinpah's strange wwii meditation, if thats what you could call it the way it floats some times through frames, loads of faces from the Wehrmacht's perspective as it all goes tits up,

proper 70's cinema/10

+1 for Cross of Iron, what a film!

That dreamy sequence where he's in the hospital and hallucinating about his comrades, dang, powerful stuff - the power of good editing! (probably Peck himself doing so)

Morricone said the violence is extreme. Is it over the top or just normal tarantino?

imo it's normal tarantino, but it has a few scenes (one in particular) which are particular messy. i've not seen 'inglorious basterds' and 'django unchained' i watched whilst distracted so not sure whether those are more violent, but it was somewhere betwix kill bill (though not as cartoony) and pulp fiction.

btw: i don't remember 'django unchained' being violent so maybe it's on par. it does have some n bombs in the mix though so if you're sensitive about that, "hold onto your butt"