hbo: cape cod heroin. damn, thats crazy

Really good doc. I've been going through a lot of HBO's older drug documentaries on HBONOW lately -- lots of good stuff there.

If you can watch PBS shows in Canada, I'd also recommend the Frontline episode "Chasing Heroin".

Really good doc. I've been going through a lot of HBO's older drug documentaries on HBONOW lately -- lots of good stuff there.

If you can watch PBS shows in Canada, I'd also recommend the Frontline episode "Chasing Heroin".

yeah, ive been looking at old hbo documentary just today.

In the cape cod heroin doc, so sad the two girls that died. The little stripper was so cute, cant believe she died.

Hail Cesar

not-a-Coen-masterpiece/10

did it have some funnies? Yes.

was it utterly forgettable? Yes.

seems to be the consensus from just about everyone i know who's seen it. definitely not in a rush to see it. the fact that they released it in february wasn't really a good sign

Hail Cesar

not-a-Coen-masterpiece/10

did it have some funnies? Yes.

was it utterly forgettable? Yes.

seems to be the consensus from just about everyone i know who's seen it. definitely not in a rush to see it. the fact that they released it in february wasn't really a good sign

there's a few great bits, emphasis on 'few'.

Scarlett Johansson was super, but she had like 2 minutes screen time.

All the Coen films with Cloney are kinda meh maybe?

didn't really like O Brother, and there was this other one, I think it was that came out after No Country, which was pretty bad.

edit: Burn After Reading.... meh

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2 is available today on Netflix

crouching tiger ay, is it having a crap in the woods. So is the hidden dragon, hence being hidden, they're on a camping trip with the griswalds.. Now there's a where's wally/waldo that i wouldn't want to purchase. "can you spot the .. " .. eww no thanks, i'd rather not know and am glad that it's camouflaged by all the other stuff going on.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2 is available today on Netflix

crouching tiger ay, is it having a crap in the woods. So is the hidden dragon, hence being hidden, they're on a camping trip with the griswalds.. Now there's a where's wally/waldo that i wouldn't want to purchase. "can you spot the .. " .. eww no thanks, i'd rather not know and am glad that it's camouflaged by all the other stuff going on.

yeah, ive been looking at old hbo documentary just today.

In the cape cod heroin doc, so sad the two girls that died. The little stripper was so cute, cant believe she died.

frontline just did a 2 hour thing called chasing heroin (watch here). it follows some addicts like the cape cod one but it gets into a bunch of other aspects to the problem.

Embrace of the Serpent....scored a lucky viewing over le weekend, outstanding film making

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4285496/

follows an Amazonian shaman's experience with incomers from 2 temporal perspectives - 1 via many moons ago and then summat contemporary, comparing the cultural as well as environmental impact of encroaching "civilization". The b&w adds an ethereal quality with the odd moment of colour illuminating moments beautifully.

if you see it listed go for the big screen experience, an immense piece of cinema