IGNORED

Today: Felix Baumgartner 36km stratosphere jump

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was just a matter of time before someone did this i suppose, but pretty cool that BOC added the video to their official playlist.

[youtubehd]ES02mWIJ2Tk[/youtubehd]

• 2 years later...
Guest Atom Dowry Firth

There was a documentary shortly after Baumgartner's jump that followed him during the preparation stage and he just came across really badly imo. Massive ego, head completely up his own arse. He threw tantrums and threatened to walk away from the project because the suit people had spent years making for him didn't feel comfortable. I quite like the fact this guy has basically just come out of nowhere like 'oh yeah so that thing you did a couple years ago? Yeah I just did it better and didn't bother to tell anyone lol'

So when will someone fly up to the ISS and jump from there?

They would continue to orbit, with a gently lowering elevation if they pushed off of it in the direction of the earth. They would still be travelling so fast along the face of the atmosphere that by the time they got to the main body of the atmosphere, they would burn up.

Oh and whilst I'm being faceatious rixxx, it's nonetheless.

You're welcome everybody.

Archived