IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Artwork

Joyrex

g0bIHI2.jpg

My first attempt at a CAD rendering - just started playing with OpenSCAD.

Man, I've been watching you fold these intricate shapes for years, and now you're getting into CAD rendering... I feel like I'm watching the unfolding of a breakdown/enlightenment ala π, except instead of the story being connected with cracking the stock market, it's centered around cracking folded paper. "Maaax, you need to take a baaath, Maaax....." "But what if this folding paper is A SIGN! What if there's a pattern, and I can crack it?!" "It's just paaapurrr Maaaaaax..... But once when I was studying origami, I came across a 3127.25 folded shape that is later going to give me a heart attack." "On, snap!"

• 2 weeks later...

I use it a lot for work, so I'm comfortable with it. Need to get out my wacom out and work that way for awhile, to shake the cobwebs off.

Also: thanks for the kind words guys. Glad you dig it.:beer:

Edited by patternoverlap

I've got a dti-520 bit always really wanted an HD one. They arent too bad pricing are they..

Id love a 4k one when they are out

Man we should both get on the painter thing.

The new one looks so cool and

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/LqNLPdXsqL8q5bLDydqNiGGNcs11t9ag6W2nI4R8Gx521JW9maZWuXb81voTBDvkri1uRg3o1HxNymzHY91MwpiEn7g=s1440

I wrote all the vectors for this CAD design by hand.. I filled most of a notebook working it out. Just sent the file to Shapeways - I should have a print in a week.

.felm_edit2_copy.jpg

I really like the shapes in that one. How do you go about drawing something abstract like this? I usually get lost pretty quickly and don't know where I want my lines to go.

LjFBrkeKOe4.jpg

j65iPK2JvKE.jpg

Where were these taken?

Edited by drillkicker

.felm_edit2_copy.jpg

I really like the shapes in that one. How do you go about drawing something abstract like this? I usually get lost pretty quickly and don't know where I want my lines to go.

thanks a lot kicker! i dunno, i think it's intuition when i draw and i just get lost in the lines and shapes.

intresting isumber. Well except the bass guitar one, i know that i play guitar so should be pleased with it, but for some reason part of my brain finds pictures of them in an artistic context cheesy, irrational i know, probably from seeing 60's easy listening vinyl sleeves with jazzy looking drawings of the guitar on them, /shudder (no my parents did not own or listen to this, it's just something that existed that i was aware of).