IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Artwork

Joyrex

I'm illustrating an adaptation of the "The Stag and The Hunter" for a children's story book with a collection of folktales... I've never drawn a deer before so I've been doing some practice sketches. I think I'll probably actually stay with the sketched-out style for the final illustrations.

14876622_10154088905906089_6577198278035

Kool digi paintings Chim + natural healing spiral isumber, would be neat to make variations on each segment of the wheel 2 make an animation.

drawings + graff from this week in New Zealand

jiolyx.png

eqatty.png

2z5u2e0.png

10nwb4w.png

I've just given a couple of lectures at the University about sound design. I mainly talked about hidden sounds in our world and how you can't just go out and record a car crash and think it'll sound like a car crash in movies. So I gave the students and assignment where I told them to do the sound design for a couple of scenes from various sci-fi films but only using what they had in their kitchen. Another group was only allowed to use sounds that their body could make. The last group got a bag of carrots.

They also gave me an assignment... they wanted me to do the sound design for the following scene from Minority Report only by using the sound of clothing. I only had a couple of hours to do it, and this is what I ended up with...

I did a collection of character designs and put them into flash, as a memory game. It took 3 years to finish (on and off...)

http://a-r-v.deviantart.com/art/13-7-69231-638072621

Other styles/colours of the designs that I decided not to use:

v1_by_a_r_v-dajx91w.png

v3_by_a_r_v-dajx9rm.png

Thanks,

Edited by Suffocate Peon

This was for the spider dragon DSG on CA. I went through several really bad sketches and couldn't quite get the synergy of both spider and dragon into one coherent design, it was either too much dragon or too much spider. I think a slight xenomorph or stag beetle look helped the sketch work, and liked it so much I wanted to flesh it out into a relatively finished piece. I also thought about the kind of environment that would enable such a creature, and came up with this blurb...

The King Spider Dragon (lat. Draco Araneae Rex) is a large, eight legged dragon native to NGC-2335b. A distant cousin to the Common Drake, the King Spider Dragon has evolved to an impressive size due to the high oxygen level of the planet, and has developed eight dexterous limbs to manage the treacherous environment. The Dragon spends most of its life alone, hunting smaller creatures hiding in crevices and rock formations. A light skeleton allows it to fly despite it's appendages, and three sets of fluorescent eyes aids navigation and hunting during night-time or stormy weather.

U8wkxdL.jpg