IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Artwork

Joyrex

Very nice isumber, especially the first photo(s).

I haven't posted in this thread in a loooong time so here are some paintings from the past few years. Sorry it's not "recent"! All oil on canvas:

12f.jpg

Warm Cloud Dawn - 39.5" x 51"

21f.jpg

Cloud Religion  - 30" x 32"

36f.jpg

It Was Raining Stars  - 54" x 41"

41f.jpg

In the Clearing - 24" x 18.5"

I like how you transition your colours LARRY. Especially from the last batch. It's not to my taste too much, but still i thought the designs and the way you rendered them was pretty cool, if you understand what i mean.

I like how you transition your colours LARRY. Especially from the last batch. It's not to my taste too much, but still i thought the designs and the way you rendered them was pretty cool, if you understand what i mean.

Thanks, I use alot of paint thinner and a big brush to do the blends. Oil paint makes gradients fun.

Thanks, I use alot of paint thinner and a big brush to do the blends. Oil paint makes gradients fun.

Yah, beautiful gradients, yo.  The graphic elements with gradients looks great!  If I had extra extra extra money I'd ask if "It Was Raining Stars" was for sale (cuz it'd cost like $400 extra just to send it over), because it's a nice piece but also that horizontal-line type flaw in the center is some sort of juxtaposition of smooth/flat and *gash*, which I suppose life is sort of like.  Because life is not perfect, but it can still be beautiful.

Yah, beautiful gradients, yo.  The graphic elements with gradients looks great!  If I had extra extra extra money I'd ask if "It Was Raining Stars" was for sale (cuz it'd cost like $400 extra just to send it over), because it's a nice piece but also that horizontal-line type flaw in the center is some sort of juxtaposition of smooth/flat and *gash*, which I suppose life is sort of like.  Because life is not perfect, but it can still be beautiful.

thanks! about that flaw - that horizontal line is the result of poor/cracked priming of the canvas. It's good to hear it doesn't ruin the piece. I've convinced myself I'm ok with it at this point.

thanks! about that flaw - that horizontal line is the result of poor/cracked priming of the canvas. It's good to hear it doesn't ruin the piece. I've convinced myself I'm ok with it at this point.

Yah, I used to- and might continue to- leave intentional mistakes in my paintings, so I could be satisfied with imperfection.  Nothing is perfect, and that's okay.  Doesn't mean art can't be executed to ultra level, though.  In your case, the only downside is that 150 years from now, that crack might rot.

I bought a surface book the other day and drew this not realizing at the time that I was ripping off the little prince (still getting used to the feel of drawing directly on the screen):

post-20602-0-42123400-1482216324_thumb.jpg

This was for a mix I made recently for a girl I'm getting to know (sorta boc influenced obviously):

post-20602-0-15908000-1482216432_thumb.jpg

This was for my friend's wedding. One of their names is Czarnecki, and the other is Sharkovitz. It's a czarshark.

post-20602-0-65474700-1482216435_thumb.jpg

And this was for a friend's concert, there are a couple more like this on my website for the same concert. They ended up being used as promotional materials.

post-20602-0-58334800-1482216439_thumb.jpg

and here's a grumpy beaver/bear thing.

post-20602-0-56929800-1482217136_thumb.jpg

There's some great stuff in this thread, I'm going to have to give it the full comb through.

post-20602-0-42123400-1482216324_thumb.jpg

post-20602-0-15908000-1482216432_thumb.jpg

post-20602-0-65474700-1482216435_thumb.jpg

post-20602-0-58334800-1482216439_thumb.jpg

post-20602-0-56929800-1482217136_thumb.jpg