IGNORED

Drukqs' 11th Birthday today.

ferro4prez

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...

Believe it or not I'm still digesting this album. I love individual tracks and I really really love when RDJ drops them in a set. But ....i dunno, there's something about it that doesn't sit as well as countless other braindance/electronica... its a bit "tinny" sound-wise - and i do have the heavy vinyl..... But i actually think it'll will all gel one day... i'm just not as sure as you folks yet

the 2nd disc is very melancholic. a lot of sad tunes on there. just making a playlist of his piano pieces and i think they're hugely underrated. kesson dalek and petiatil cx htdui in particular.

• 2 months later...

Was listening to Drukqs yesterday and after all these years I’m still amazed of how brilliantly the tracks are composed, especially the fast ones. I mean, they are so well-balanced. On the one hand nothing falls too short and on the other there isn’t anything that seems to be out of the place or too much. Nothing is forced but comes out natural. In comparison most of the breakcore tracks I’ve tried out seem to have such hurry and have too much going on simultaneously that it makes them unbearable for me to enjoy. On Drukqs you can spot clearly all the details instead of it being just a mess.

Besides steinvord and some Kendrick (such as Coronet or Capecitabine), Karsten Pflum’s ‘’No Noia My Love’’ and Koolmorf Widesen’s ‘’Melodies Fork Now’’ are the only releases I’ve been able to find which are somewhat similar to Drukqs. But then again Frø by Karsten sounds too much like Mt Saint Michel and you could happily whistle Taking Control over The Mind Beam Fuck by Widesen, so one could almost call them... rip-offs :fear: . Still, worth to give them a go if you haven’t.

BTW I tried to find if there has been an own thread for suggestions of Drukqs-alikes but the quick search didn't give me a hit. Would be amazed if there hasn't been one since there have been quite a few threads for music similar to SAW's, Analords and Tuss. So if there has been one, could someone link it to me please?

Was listening to Drukqs yesterday and after all these years I’m still amazed of how brilliantly the tracks are composed, especially the fast ones. I mean, they are so well-balanced. On the one hand nothing falls too short and on the other there isn’t anything that seems to be out of the place or too much. Nothing is forced but comes out natural. In comparison most of the breakcore tracks I’ve tried out seem to have such hurry and have too much going on simultaneously that it makes them unbearable for me to enjoy. On Drukqs you can spot clearly all the details instead of it being just a mess.

Yeah totally. It's the same with Squarepusher's stuff - there's not actually much going on, maybe three or four elements at any one time, but what they are doing individually is quite intricate.

I quite like the sound of Drukqs - very digital. I'm not sure how it's all EQ'd though, any ideas?

Archived