IGNORED

Drukqs' 11th Birthday today.

ferro4prez

R-657253-1304510121.jpeg

http://en.wikipedia....nfirmation_bias

Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses.[Note 1][1] People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the material sounds like is highly subjective - it really boils down to which alias Richard decides to apply to the work. I don't have anything to go on, but I wonder if putting Aphex Twin on Analord 10 (the first Analord EP), was a "test" to see if he could get away with releasing it as Aphex Twin and if that has anything to do with his contract fulfilment with WARP/Warner Bros... After all, Analord 10, along with all the other Analord records were pressed in quantities of less than 1000 AFAIK - I've seen this mentioned by other artists in the past as a cheeky way to get around any sample clearance infringement/licensing/copyright issues, the defense being the infringing artist didn't make enough off misuse of it to warrant prosecution by the violated party. The laws could have changed by now, though.

What the material sounds like is highly subjective - it really boils down to which alias Richard decides to apply to the work. I don't have anything to go on, but I wonder if putting Aphex Twin on Analord 10 (the first Analord EP), was a "test" to see if he could get away with releasing it as Aphex Twin and if that has anything to do with his contract fulfilment with WARP/Warner Bros...

I agree, and my speculation is that the suits at the label(s) brought the hammer down after the first EP in the series. And hence the rest were subsequently released as AFX.

I have to say, Drukqs has some of the best tracks that of the last decade, but as an album it's shit. There's no way I'm never ever sitting all the way through it; the tracks are all scattered over with not much sense or reason. What's gwarek2 doing there? You don't fit the mood dammit get outta there

R-657253-1304510121.jpeg

http://en.wikipedia....nfirmation_bias

Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses.[Note 1][1] People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way.

You didn't have to show that... it clearly says "Aphex Twin" in Richard's chicken-scratch handwriting on Analord 10's labels... my point being, it's only a guest appearance by his alias, and NOT an Aphex Twin release, aka Girl/Boy EP, Donkey Rhubarb, Come To Daddy, Windowlicker, etc.

It's also worth mentioning that Chosen Lords is an AFX release.

Also, how sad is it Rephlex's releases page hasn't been updated since 2010?

Analord records were pressed in quantities of less than 1000 AFAIK

i wish there was an official number to this. someone here claimed there were 50000 copies sold in general. i think analord 6 was pressed in much more copies than the rest as it's always up for cheap.

it clearly says "Aphex Twin"

This we can agree on.

Again - my speculative theory is that the whole Analord series was supposed to be released as Aphex Twin, but Warp/Warner/whoever disagreed after Richard/Rephlex's cheeky first attempt. So it was continued under another name due to contractual obligations.

If anyone has actual knowledge that debunk or support the various theories, I'd love to hear more. Cheers.

Guest jasondonervan

if it's contractual shit, then how did autechre release music on ICASEA, without the ire of Warp?

Probably given a free pass as it was for charity.

Guest blakeboogie

I still think Vordhosbn is the best track he's ever written. Got a lovely birthday present from my girlfriend a couple of weeks back.

post-4195-0-62527300-1350936309_thumb.jpeg

NM too :music:

this is the only track off Steinvord I'm absolutely sure is Aphex

----> 'untitled' NOT 'untitled 9' off youtube

it's on the myspace page only and it sounds like the only Outtake from fast beat sessions of Drukqs we'll probably ever hear

http://www.myspace.com/steinvord

(ripping now to post for later)

Analord records were pressed in quantities of less than 1000 AFAIK

i wish there was an official number to this. someone here claimed there were 50000 copies sold in general. i think analord 6 was pressed in much more copies than the rest as it's always up for cheap.

"In 2005, under his AFX moniker, Richard D James released an immediately sought after collection of music through his imprint Rephlex that he shares with friend and business partner Grant Wilson-Claridge. Entitled the Analord series, these 41 tracks spread across 11 special pieces of vinyl were accompanied by an extremely limited embossed presentation binder and only sold to true fans through the Rephlex website. Despite being vinyl only, each of the 12 releases sold well into five figures, some selling as much as 25,000 units."

http://www.clashmusi...ture/aphex-twin

It was me that claimed there was 50,000 copies of each, I read it in an interview somewhere but I guess I was wrong.

for me this is the proof that at least one Steinvord is something directly by RDJ, i cant speak for the others as some of them sound like squarepusher

anyways thought those who hadnt heard it would appreciate it, it sounds a tad less fleshed out than other Drukqs beat workout tracks but its pretty damn good

for me this is the proof that at least one Steinvord is something directly by RDJ, i cant speak for the others as some of them sound like squarepusher

anyways thought those who hadnt heard it would appreciate it, it sounds a tad less fleshed out than other Drukqs beat workout tracks but its pretty damn good

Reminds me of Mangle 11 off of rephlexions

steinvord is to rdj as gescom is to autechre, but with moar pissing on the floor

Archived