IGNORED

Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City

takeshi

kendrick-lamar-good-kid-maad-city-cover.jpg

1. Sherane a.k.a Master Splinter’s Daughter (Prod. By Tha Bizness)

2. Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe (Prod. By Sounwave)

3. Backseat Freestyle (Prod. By Hit-Boy)

4. The Art of Peer Pressure (Prod. By Tabu)

5. Money Trees (Ft. Jay Rock) (Prod. By DJ Dahi)

6. Poetic Justice (Ft. Drake) (Prod. By Scoop DeVille)

7. good kid [Prod. By Pharrell]

8. m.A.A.d city (Ft. MC Eiht) (Prod. By Sounwave & Terrace Martin)

9. Swimming Pools (Drank) *Extended Version* (Prod. By T-Minus)

10. Sing About Me (Prod. By Skhye Hutch + Sounwave) / I’m Dying Of Thirst (Prod. By Like of Pac Div)

11. Real (Ft. Anna Wise) (Prod. By Terrace Martin)

12. Compton (Ft. Dr. Dre) (Prod. By Just Blaze)

Surprised no one's mentioned this album here yet. It's one of the albums I've been looking forward to most this year and it did not disappoint. Strong contender for album of the year.

wonderful album. better than section.80, which is saying something. there are a few dodgy bits here and there, but the high points are so good that it doesn't really matter. the concept is interesting as well and the way he executes it is even better

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

yeah lil wayne was my reference point too but i don't know shit about the rap game. i like lil wayne but don't usually like the production on his tracks.

p.s drank

i don't think lil wayne is a fair comparison at all, if you listen to what kendrick is saying throughout the album. there might be some superficial stylistic similarities, but substantively they couldn't be more different

yeah lil wayne was my reference point too but i don't know shit about the rap game. i like lil wayne but don't usually like the production on his tracks.

p.s drank

wow drank sucks, even if it's sarcastic, wich i hope

i don't really like the introduction on this one, but once you get to the main track (~1:07), both the production and the vocals are great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rxlRn_nub0

also the verses on this track are incredible. don't see much in common with lil wayne or whatever, but i guess i don't know lil wayne that well, so i could be wrong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAybf3yVyQw

I got this album lol, i love it :tongue:

i was so wrong about this dude, i thought he was gonna be another one of those 13 in a dozen fakeass clown's :emotawesomepm9:

Bitch don't kill my vibe

The music/skits/beats are awesome and the shit he says is like the best spike lee movie

He should have left Drake of it though, wtf man

good kid, mad city :music:

Totally agree, Ivan. On first listen I was skeptical and it quickly became apparent that he is one of the most mature and versatile rappers around, especially for his age. "Drank" won't get outta my head, hits damn close to home and it's pretty much flawless.

mAAd about this album, i can not resist to play it from begining to end everytime i wake up since i got it, i recommand this highly ya bisshh!

also alberto balsam by afx on the art of peer pressure :nacmat:

I really checked this out today, and I have to say I think it's all that and a bag of tasty chips. Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst is just Fucking Great Music™.

Listen to it many times.

Edit: This guy also has the same b-day as me, which I think is super cool.

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't interested based on the clips I sampled, but when I heard the whole album it was interesting. I didn't like the talk about biches and money and some of the vocal stylings, it's a bit more mainstream than I usually like my hip-hop. But that was the first listen. After the second and third listen I found the album really good and realized he's not promoting biches and money but telling a story. It's good. I should probably go for a fourth listen soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived