IGNORED

Disney buys Lucasfilm

Rubin Farr

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The old republic is lucasarts isn't it? I wonder what he's spent all his money on if he's a prepper.

Edit: oh shit, they bought EVERYTHING.

lol, maybe somebody more competent than george lucas will direct it.

Edit: damn, I'm slow. What joyrex said.

also:

red-tails-04.jpg

^based on every review I've read, this poster in and of itself is 100x better than the actual film

^ditto, I was more bummed about the Disney buyout of Jim Henson Studios originally, though that hasn't turned out bad imo

also:

red-tails-04.jpg

^based on every review I've read, this poster in and of itself is 100x better than the actual film

^ditto, I was more bummed about the Disney buyout of Jim Henson Studios originally, though that hasn't turned out bad imo

I saw Red Tails and it wasn't that bad - surprisingly, in the beginning it looks like some low-budget affair, and not something you would expect from Lucas. The story is formulaic, but still entertaining.

So far, Disney's acquisitions haven't turned out bad - Pixar's only made one bad movie since (Cars 2, which really didn't need to be made - I have a feeling the upcoming Monsters Inc. 2 will fall into the same category), and the recent Muppets movie was quite good.

I wonder what this means for Lucasfilm/Spielberg joints like Indiana Jones (aren't they working on Indy 5)?

Guest Frankie5fingers

i couldn't care less, the quality of Lucas Arts died years ago. besides, all three SW prequels already felt like they were Disney movies (meaning that they were childish movies). and you guys really don't want me to go off on one of my Gorge Lucas rants. lets just say the guy is a fucking greedy bastard and i highly doubt that Lucas Arts is selling cause their broke. George just wants more cash in his pockets.

Are the original star wars even good movies or just a nostalgia thing ?

I watched about 20 minutes of each movie and i had to turned them off because they were so shit i couldn't believe grown men cry over this bullshit.

without Lucas at the helm, they might actually be good...?

yeah, my thoughts too. Lucas is a massive cringe-worthy bitch-tard. he should be shot for 'the phantom menace' alone..

I watched about 20 minutes of each movie and i had to turned them off because they were so shit i couldn't believe grown men cry over this bullshit.

in total agreement.

I'm old enough to have been roped in by the Star Wars bullshit, but while my friends were watching Star Wars and Transformers The Movie, I was too busy watching Aliens, The Terminator and RoboCop.

I watched the Star Wars films as an adult, having not been bothered with them as a kid, and they're not that great. In fact I thought they were aimed towards kids, funnily enough.

not even trolling here.

pretty sure it makes more sense that he made this up to allow him to do this without it coming off completely as a $$$ grab. think about it, he also recently got a lot of publicity for donating half his worth (I think) to charity. Clearly he should donate it all and awhile ago if he actually thought we were months away from everyone dying.

Guest Frankie5fingers
Gorge Lucas

a river valley known for its wide neck

in the springtime it floods low-lying areas with bad dialogue & wipe transitions

lol nice, didn't even notice my typo. was too busy bashing the keys on my keyboard. George Lucas simply infuriates me.

in total agreement.

I'm old enough to have been roped in by the Star Wars bullshit, but while my friends were watching Star Wars and Transformers The Movie, I was too busy watching Aliens, The Terminator and RoboCop.

I watched the Star Wars films as an adult, having not been bothered with them as a kid, and they're not that great. In fact I thought they were aimed towards kids, funnily enough.

not even trolling here.

oh you're so IDM. ;)

I love the original SW's. I think you have to have seen them as a kid, though, to (still) like them much.

but Lucas has ruined everything SW's related and now it's all considered just a big joke (to most people).

good things about SW's:

the props

the models

the invented names for things

the droids/robots

the special FX (for the time)

the sound FX (still)

the Harrison Ford

the John Williams

edit: + the 'wardrobe' /costumes /aliens, the Jedi Philosophy, the Yoda, etc. etc.

I thought I was the only one ! Yeah never saw them as a child (my little brother enjoyed them though) and watching them for the first time a few years back the series did little for me. So this industry development means as much to me as Pobol y Cwm changing their lighting director.

i see disney have already planned the ongoing franchise after episode 9.

I presume lucas has had the 7-9 story arc planned out since day 1... But im now thinking that disney will be bitching with it so they can tie in their plans.

Archived