IGNORED

Disney buys Lucasfilm

Rubin Farr

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the original star wars even good movies or just a nostalgia thing ?

I watched about 20 minutes of each movie and i had to turned them off because they were so shit i couldn't believe grown men cry over this bullshit.

in total agreement.

I'm old enough to have been roped in by the Star Wars bullshit, but while my friends were watching Star Wars and Transformers The Movie, I was too busy watching Aliens, The Terminator and RoboCop.

I watched the Star Wars films as an adult, having not been bothered with them as a kid, and they're not that great. In fact I thought they were aimed towards kids, funnily enough.

not even trolling here.

oh you're so IDM. ;)

I love the original SW's. I think you have to have seen them as a kid, though, to (still) like them much.

but Lucas has ruined everything SW's related and now it's all considered just a big joke (to most people).

good things about SW's:

the props

the models

the invented names for things

the droids/robots

the special FX (for the time)

the sound FX (still)

the Harrison Ford

the John Williams

edit: + the 'wardrobe' /costumes /aliens, the Jedi Philosophy, the Yoda, etc. etc.

Jedi Philosophy?? JED PHILOSOPHY??

Did you just said one of the good things about star wars is Jedi Philosophy?

I'm flabbergasted.

--

Also, good FXs, sound etc don't make good movies, Transformers had amazing special FXs and sound FXs but the movies was shit. Star Wars is a poorly executed bible story for children.

Considering it's considered a valid religion in Australia (from what I've read, people identify "Jedi" as their religion on surveys)...

Star Wars was great (the original three movies) for it's time, and the following three movies could have been great had Lucas focused on what made the original films great - instead he continued with what started in the third film (the marketing tie-ins that too closely directed the elements of the film), and went whole hog.

Where's Awepittance's avatar when we need it?!?!

I'm flabbergasted.

good.

and the FX, at the time, were considered to be quite amazing.

personally I love the sound FX, and the props & scenery/settings.

anyway i'm not gonna get into a fucking argument on the internet about fucking star wars with somebody called Yo 303. Lol

Considering it's considered a valid religion in Australia (from what I've read, people identify "Jedi" as their religion on surveys)...

yeah, same over here in the UK. it is a recognized thing/religion now, people were saying they're Jedi's on the census/recent surveys & polls 'n shit... which I think is great, and very funny. :)

edit: just for a laugh, mind. they're not reeeeeeally Jedi's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Yeah don't laugh too hard buddy, you take Jedi Philosophy seriously.

err, yeah didn't actually say i take it seriously did i, dick.

You said one of the best things about the star wars movies was the Jedi Philosophy which according to my research is just a bunch of bullshit soundbites combined with make believe supernatural bullshit.

As a grown human being you should not even entertain the idea of taking Jedi Philosophy seriously.

Shall I hand out lightsabers to you two - weapons from a more civilized time, of course. Not as clumsy as a banhammer.

I'm sorry man but i can't believe a guy said one of the best things about star wars is jedi philosophy, i had to say something.

You said one of the best things about the star wars movies was the Jedi Philosophy which according to my research is just a bunch of bullshit soundbites combined with make believe supernatural bullshit.

your research is correct.

As a grown human being you should not even entertain the idea of taking Jedi Philosophy seriously.

so you think I take it that seriously that I must live my life by 'Jedi Philosophy' or something?

jesus christ :facepalm:

it's just an integral part to the whole film. that's all.

you must be going crazy man.

Archived